Staff
Supporter
65-68F
At
55% humidity
In a dark room.
Typically I hang the hole plant,
Takes 10-15 days to dry properly
And also jump starts the curing process.
Then remove buds from stems and place in shallow plastic tub with lid on but open on one end by one inch,
Rotate daily for 5 days,
Then jar in mason jars,
Pack jars lightly leaving 2-4 inches of air at top of jar,
Burp every week for 1 month,
Then once a month

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Yeah, as Diesel said ^^^ a dark room is important for both drying and curing. Completely dark, so if you're going to keep them in that room make sure you black out that window and keep the lights off!! Darkness is the key ingredient for curing properly! The longer they're in a dark room the more they'll continue to cure and increase that THC potency!!

I have entire rooms dedicated to drying/curing and the windows are completely blacked out and all light bulbs removed! Only go in to check on them at night and avoid hitting them with any sort of light what-so-ever. (and don't check on them too often) It helps to have a humidity sensor in the room that you can read from outside of the room, and adjust accordingly. Another tip - next time wear a fresh pair of disposable gloves before you chop and hang, and ONLY handle the product with a fresh pair of disposable gloves every time after that - will help reduce the chance of mold and any other pathogens forming on your buds!

As far as drying goes it depends on the environment. Here in CO all my outdoor plants will dry out to crispy within 24 hours of harvest if they're not moved to a humidified room immediately. It's as dry as a popcorn fart out here. Some days it's so dry, you can spit and watch it turn to dust before it hits the ground 🤣 🤣

Good luck bud!

🤠

Last edited:
ImaGrowThemPlants

ImaGrowThemPlants

Yeah, as Diesel said ^^^ a dark room is important for both drying and curing. Completely dark, so if you're going to keep them in that room make sure you black out that window and keep the lights off!! Darkness is the key ingredient for curing properly! The longer they're in a dark room the more they'll continue to cure and increase that THC potency!!

I have entire rooms dedicated to drying/curing and the windows are completely blacked out and all light bulbs removed! Only go in to check on them at night and avoid hitting them with any sort of light what-so-ever. (and don't check on them too often) It helps to have a humidity sensor in the room that you can read from outside of the room, and adjust accordingly. Another tip - next time wear a fresh pair of disposable gloves before you chop and hang, and ONLY handle the product with a fresh pair of disposable gloves every time after that - will help reduce the chance of mold and any other pathogens forming on your buds!

As far as drying goes it depends on the environment. Here in CO all my outdoor plants will dry out to crispy within 24 hours of harvest if they're not moved to a humidified room immediately. It's as dry as a popcorn fart out here. Some days it's so dry, you can spit and watch it turn to dust before it hits the ground 🤣 🤣

Good luck bud!

🤠
cool! is it ok tho i have been opening the light bulb ( 7watts) in the room for like 4-5 times a day for like 3-5 minutes whenever im looking for clothes find clothes in the room. i guess i should avoid this. Day 3 at drying and i aint gonna lie i smoke some smaller buds to check. i was happy the taste is definitely not there yet but you could get some terp hints. but the high is fire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom