How To Find A Warehouse In La

• Thread starter lodidodi88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lodidodi88

So I've scrubbed all forums and haven't found a reasonable answer to this question. How do I find a good warehouse to grow in?

I have paperwork and collectives all in place. I have succeeded in some small at home grows. I want to move into a space where I can expand but haven't had any luck finding a warehouse in the valley of LA. What are your recommendations on how to find a good location? I would have a hard time believing that all these small size warehouses are being purchased by the growers and not rented.

Where to search?
Do you flat out tell the landlord your intentions to grow?
Do you go month to month or annual leases?

Thank You for any support on this. Thank you everyone for all the forums which have helped me learn on every are of this growing industry.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Not in cali but over here I know people that have found places by looking online, Craigslist and driving around calling on any place that looks like it works telling them flat out what your planning on doing. Some may charge more and some will tell you no way.
The building I rent I was honest with the landlord brought my paperwork in and told him what I was doing. I may be paying a few hundred more in rent a month than some of my neighbors but I don't have to worry about getting kicked out in the middle of a grow.

L

lodidodi88

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Craigslist all adds are very clear "no marijuana ventures" and I tried calling a few local places but no one even gave me the light of day. I want to be comfortable somewhere so like you said I don't get kicked out midway through a grow.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Craigslist all adds are very clear "no marijuana ventures" and I tried calling a few local places but no one even gave me the light of day. I want to be comfortable somewhere so like you said I don't get kicked out midway through a grow.
I'm sure it's a different world over here as far as that goes. Never saw the no Marijuana thing over here, they probably don't get nearly the amout of weed op requests here

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So I've scrubbed all forums and haven't found a reasonable answer to this question. How do I find a good warehouse to grow in?

I have paperwork and collectives all in place. I have succeeded in some small at home grows. I want to move into a space where I can expand but haven't had any luck finding a warehouse in the valley of LA. What are your recommendations on how to find a good location? I would have a hard time believing that all these small size warehouses are being purchased by the growers and not rented.

Where to search?
Do you flat out tell the landlord your intentions to grow?
Do you go month to month or annual leases?

Thank You for any support on this. Thank you everyone for all the forums which have helped me learn on every are of this growing industry.
Aren't you kind of going at this a little backwards, given MMRSA and all? I would think that you'd have to start where commercial activities are going to be allowed, not try to find a place to cultivate commercially and then see if you can or not.

Desert Hot Springs is one area where you can cultivate commercially.

labud

labud

How many lights are you going to run? A large house might be easier. ..

L

lodidodi88

How many lights are you going to run? A large house might be easier. ..
I like that house idea also. When you're moving into a house what are me legal capabilities? If I have my paperwork in place and stay under my collective amount of flowers what do you recommend I say to the landlord? Should be be transparent from the get-go or should I get the apartment and just grow?

L

lodidodi88

Aren't you kind of going at this a little backwards, given MMRSA and all? I would think that you'd have to start where commercial activities are going to be allowed, not try to find a place to cultivate commercially and then see if you can or not.

Desert Hot Springs is one area where you can cultivate commercially.
Maybe we're on the wrong page. I'm not concerned about the area not allowing it (I can find out legal counties and cities). What I'm having trouble with is the actual warehouse owner allowing me to rent his space for that sole purpose.

WiseGorilla

WiseGorilla

mojavegreen knows watsup. Adelanto or Desert Hot Springs to be legal. Very expensive to get in though. If you want to rent a warehouse and ignore Prop D in LA and risk getting shut down its just about calling a lot of places for rent and being straight forward with what you're planning on doing. Its definitely very hard to find a landlord willing to play ball.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I like that house idea also. When you're moving into a house what are me legal capabilities? If I have my paperwork in place and stay under my collective amount of flowers what do you recommend I say to the landlord? Should be be transparent from the get-go or should I get the apartment and just grow?
Sounds like you're setting up for a black market grow to me.
Maybe we're on the wrong page. I'm not concerned about the area not allowing it (I can find out legal counties and cities). What I'm having trouble with is the actual warehouse owner allowing me to rent his space for that sole purpose.
Yep, definitely on the wrong page.

L

lodidodi88

Sounds like you're setting up for a black market grow to me.

Yep, definitely on the wrong page.
No see that's the shady-stuff I'm trying to avoid. If my collective is set up with let's say 10 patients. Why am I considered "black market". I want to be as legal as possible. Just curious as to how most people go by it.

B

Bliss1985

A house wont work...one you are going to need thousands in electrical upgrades....water supply ac units your landlord will never allow it.

Do you have thousands of dollars to start up a warehouse operation....the ac units alone going to cost tens of thousands for that big....day 1 of grow you will need like 100k just to get planted....hope you have investors

B

Bliss1985

Oh and not to mention over head costs of your grow for 3 months nutrients, power, rent...possibly water...

L

lodidodi88

Oh and not to mention over head costs of your grow for 3 months nutrients, power, rent...possibly water...
Thank you for the feedback. A name brand 5 ton Ac unit installed costs 4-5k max. My concern is when I say a warehouse build your scale is much larger than mine. I have money to spend I'm not utilizing investors. I am doubtful that I will need to utilize 100 thousand dollars for a build out. You don't sound very educated when it comes to the costs. Maybe 40 light system. 4x 5 ton Ac units. But a simple warehouse should be no where near 100k.

If you would like a better breakdown of costs I would recommend utilizing the FAQ section of the forums. Otherwise if you're going to respond to my threads moving forward I encourage you to stay on topic. I didn't ask for financial advice. I need advice on locating a good location. Thanks

B

Bliss1985

Well i have 6 rooms of similiar size and it cost 15k a room for 2 5 ton ac units with ducting per room...anyways...you can find listings online craigslist or other sites...probably going to have to lease. Or if you know a commercial realtor...could ask them.

Top Bottom