How to get a job on a cannabis farm?For the exper.

• Thread starter baron1212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

baron1212

Im really looking into furthering my knowledge of this wonderful plant.I have over 8 yrs. grow exp.All organic soil is all ive done.I dont need alot of pay just enuff to get by.And im not a young kid looking to move either.I know just from the little ive done,there will be alot of work,that im willing to do.please someone point me in the right direction.

fractal

fractal

Shit if I knew how I would be on my way tomorrow. Seriously, it's all about who you know. And it helps if you are a girl. Growers always want to hire girls to tend plants and trim buds because they want to have a harem of pothead chicks to try and bang. Good luck getting a farm or trim job in nor cal if you are a dude and don't already know a grower.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
1 part "what you know" + 3 parts "who you know" = your foot in the door
2 parts "what you know" + 2 parts "what you do" = food & shelter for a season... Then it depends

What you're asking for takes years to earn and, nine times out of ten, a decent chunk of capital. We're not growing strawberries, you know... So this game tends toward nepotism, for better or for worse, because of the level of trust necessary to open up these private worlds. Maybe you know some old timers who need a strong back...

Otherwise, stack up 15 to 20 grand to do it right, invest in a house and equipment and start running your own show.

This isn't intended to discourage you, if there's another way, I'd sure love to hear it.
Good luck in your search

Cort

Cort

When you see a group of hippy looking people living out of their microbuses, get to know them. They are might be gypsy trimmers. They literally travel around following the harvest times for trim jobs. Might get your foot in the door that way, or might get robbed. Who knows.

B

baron1212

well ive done the whole indoor deal for a few years.Started with 150 watt hps,and moved up to 2 1000 wattersw cool tubes.i understand the whole on th dl deal,but if some of the people on the farms that hire extra trim hands,im sure they would rather have someone that knows more than trimming.Hopefully someone will see this and give me a shot?im on the east coast but will move if theres a shot at learning more.Really want to do outdoor or greenhouse

sky high

sky high

Dooooood...don't let 'em fuck with yer head! Just get in the car and head west to Cali... and once you cross the state line you'll start seeing the signs everywhere for people lookin' to hire folks....

01hemp 1024x766

purpleberry

purpleberry

If i had a big farm and needed help, I would rather hire the guy who knows nothing. Id need a worker to do what i say, not question what i do. lol Of course if a guy knew more then me that would be differennt, Id welcome the help. Problem is most every grower doesnt want someone who knows more than them to tell them what they are doing wrong. LOL

true grit

true grit

Im with purpleberry- when i have needed help, i've found its better to get someone who knows nothing but has great work ethic and the ability to be trained vs. someone who thinks they know it already.... the folks with experience always tend to fuck up going off what they know.

datDANK

datDANK

watch breaking bad
go to california, oregon washington
buy some alien beans
eat organic fruits and vegetables

K

kolah

Learn spanish, grab a machete' and a case of Corona and head west, young man.

Once there and hired, paint on bulls-eye on your back for the DEA to see you better.

addios muchocos

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
when i was in cali on the mountain...every day we went to trim, there were 10 mexicans on the side of the road waiting for some one to pick them up to go trim....by the time we was heading back to the spot to make dinner, there would only b one or two still sitting...good luck...there is farmers who hire, but like every one said its who you know

Cort

Cort

when i was in cali on the mountain...every day we went to trim, there were 10 mexicans on the side of the road waiting for some one to pick them up to go trim....by the time we was heading back to the spot to make dinner, there would only b one or two still sitting...good luck...there is farmers who hire, but like every one said its who you know
100423-illegals.jpg

Those homies get around. I see them out in front of Homie depot all the time.

B

baron1212

Thanks for the input guys,But im a learner,i know i dont know it all,thats why i want to do this so bad,even if i had to move to another country.I want the experience,my plan is to learn,learn,and learn some more! and i love this plant

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Thanks for the input guys,But im a learner,i know i dont know it all,thats why i want to do this so bad,even if i had to move to another country.I want the experience,my plan is to learn,learn,and learn some more! and i love this plant

Hopefully, he who needs you will find you. Good luck brother

sky high

sky high

Everyone's fuckin with ya.....

but seriously....the first thing to remember/understand is that folks are still very cautious with their game 'cus none of this is truly legal and ripoffs and screwovers are serious reality in this "industry" . Second thing to remember is that having partners....especially ones who aren't as vested in the game/who don't have as much to loose in the game is a no-no. Third thing to remember is that even if your friend/someone you meet has as much to lose as you have to lose having a partner is >still< a fucking no-no. If you can't walk by yourself without someone else holding you up you have no business in the game. That's why folks keep telling you to move and make your OWN game. It's called free fuckin wisdom if ya didn't see it....

So...I've been wondering....have you ever been >to< Cali to see/know what is going on? Have you read the stories about many of the guys here (Colorado) who have worked/been screwed over badly by those who >own< the big grows and who's "dream" turned into being a complete fable? Many folks think it's glamorous to have a pot job.....but getting cut out of a grow or stiffed for pay or having your genetics locked in a warehouse you thought you had a key to isn't glamorous and is probably more the norm than things just being all rosey/peachy/High Timesy....

I'm sure there are exceptions..... but it's always a game of you having to have something of serious value to someone else before they are gonna even give ya the time of day.

anyway...jus' wonderin'where the idea came from...

best of luck. be safe out there....

s h

B

baron1212

Sky hi....................that hits home to a point so i kinda know what ur sayin.I quess im on my own.Guess ill just have to find a good location,and the area im in is not one of them.Im not trying to make a living from this!Its just for my own wisdom,and its the best hobbie ive ever had in my 40 years .

sky high

sky high

You can hone it to a science on your own/in your own space. If you work/care for someone else's gig....you'll be doing what they think is right, not you.

I grew here before med. I think that's one reason I said the above. I've had one partner..and was fortunate it worked out and we are still friends (LOL). That was years ago...before the Internet... so trust was key and we relied on each other heavily.

These days you can find all the info needed to do it yerself online...and really don't need a mentor other than a stranger on the Net who is throwin down weight and sharin his grow/sharing how he's doin it. Grab that knowledge...for free...without any personalities clashing/folks taking yer harvest/equipment and splitting in the night/any number of other crazy/shitty things.

And remember....in a commercial grow...cash/the bottom line is the be all-end all. It's a business plan, not a love of the plant that is the driving force.

it can be a huge hobby (wink..wink)....so keep it as a hobby and don't ruin it for yerself by making it a "real" job. Weed should make you clock OUT...not clock IN!

Good luck

Latest posts

Top Bottom