How to get a job on a cannabis farm?For the exper.

• Thread starter baron1212
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Don Ganja

I was lucky to know someone working on a farm in a med state. He got me a job a few years ago helping out for part of August and trimming in the fall. I told those guys,"if you need me to trim I'll trim,but I'm a fucking weed grower and if you let me in that garden I promise you won't regret it."

They were having problems with mold and broken branches after a storm. They let me in that garden and I felt a joy I never thought I'd feel. I spent a day in and half tying up and mending broken branches and then harvested like a madman,racing against the mold. The grow manager didn't even know which strains were ripe and which needed more time to finish. I took over and worked like a beast. I camped and lived off cheerios and turkey,worked 14 hour days,showered once a week,changed my underwear and sox every 3 days or so. I told the other trimmers I would get a job. They laughed at me and said "it doesn't work like that bro,who do you think you are?"

Anyways,I got a job and moved out,running 3 gardens and 2 greenhouses the next year just my girlfriend and myself. I kept the same work ethic and passion for growing and before the end of my first season I had 4 way better job offers in the area. That fall I hired my own trimmers including some who told me i'd never make it as a grower out there the previous fall.
3 years later I've lived a cannabis dream. I grown award winning herb,befriended legendary growers,been in grow magazines and dvd's,and recently launched my own seed company with world class genetics. I've shared quality clean cannabis with more people than I could ever count. And to this day it's never been about money to me,money is great,but I just love cannabis and live it as a lifestyle.

Lastly,before moving I had about 12 or 13 years of indoor and outdoor growing experience on and off including 3 years straight of indoor growing right before moving. I also had a reasonable savings to support myself when I moved.

Point is if you want it more than everyone else and are willing to sacrifice everything in your life and literally devote ever waking moment of your life to cannabis,you can make it happen. Just don't show up with no money,no plan and no contacts. You'll end up like all the freaks on the side of the road that make me sad every time I go to town.
Peace..

Animal Chin

Animal Chin

Supporter
What exactly are you looking to learn that you couldnt by planting a single seed?

B

baron1212

I want to learn the whole outdoor, greenhouse growing,or at least all i can learn.I also want to learn more about organic growing and th organic compost tea ive read about recently.And i know there is a whole lot to learn and i thought id ask to see.Im not looking to get rich,like most all the people think about growing.Everyone i know thinks its all easy,and all profit.And boy as you all know they are way mistaken.I know the little bit ive done was alot of work.Anyone can grow cannabis,But not everyone can grow great cannabis!

B

baron1212

dude if ur sayin im a cop.u couldnt be any further from th truth. I thought i even said in one of my post i would move to another country if need be,and i put legit farm if possiable.I have not had alot of post on here.But i did have alot of positive karma @cannabisworld or overgrow,cant remember which one did th karma deal.I started learning how to grow from overgrow back in 2003 or 04?I have good relations with Dman and Fet from spice bro.Dealt with them alot over th years,havent seen or heard from either one in a while.So putembk you should do some research on someone before you go starting sum bullshit rumor!

putembk

putembk

Agree you are right. Take you time. Network yourself a little bit. It seems to me that you are coming on to strong for a large operator to bring you right in. You have to earn that kind of trust first. Like sky said, all the info is right here.

Top Bottom