How to get more consistent temp humidity VPD.

• Thread starter Willisbrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Willisbrow

Anybody iut there using an analog dehumidifier? The one i have has an in/off Norton that won’t work with the controller.

Over the last two days I have found that during lights on and only having my humidifier in on I get less swings in temp humidity and VPD. Problem is when lights go off the VPD drops below 1.0. And my humidity gets goes over 60%.
I would like to run my dehumidifier with lights off but keep it off during light on.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
My garage is not heated and is in an old house 1907 it was built. I think it would be easier to keep my little 5x5 room dialed in rather than trying to keep my garage in my basement dialed in.
Was thinking about building a lung room to get my air from. But atm I’m trying to clean up my garage rather than fill it up with another room.
I hear you......I'm not talking about major changes, construction......just a few basic things to reduce drafts could help, maybe even a small space heater on low during the coldest times?

W

Willisbrow

I hear you......I'm not talking about major changes, construction......just a few basic things to reduce drafts could help, maybe even a small space heater on low during the coldest times?
I got a door to the back yard that doesn’t fully close. Have holes in the siding. The door upstairs to the kitchen doesn’t fullly close. I can try it. But it seems like a pain in the ass. I’ll put my heater outside my room tomorrow night during lights On. And see what happens for a night. Ur any real construction and I’m. It gonna fuck with it .

W

Willisbrow

Before I went to Bed last night i set my dehumidifier to turn on pretty much when my lights turn off. (Hopefully to the humidity I selected. So I’m gonna see what that’s like. That way I would only have to set it to turn on every day. I. really wanted every thing automated but…..

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
I got a door to the back yard that doesn’t fully close. Have holes in the siding. The door upstairs to the kitchen doesn’t fullly close. I can try it. But it seems like a pain in the ass. I’ll put my heater outside my room tomorrow night during lights On. And see what happens for a night. Ur any real construction and I’m. It gonna fuck with it .
Lowes is our friend. And hey, you're talking to a New York City boy who recently bought a house......not in the suburbs just outside of NYC, that would be way too easy......no, I had to go way, way up......almost to Canada. Now I gotta drive 7 hours back and forth. And deal with fake ladybug swarms. I'm in deep......

But hey, gotta get on out there and live. Might as well do that. But yeah, I now find myself excited to go to Lowes....... my friends are laughing their asses off.......

But not for long.... ;)

W

Willisbrow

Is the average the most important? Kinda dumb question but w/e. Average cos when lights on is 1.35 for VPD.

E51D5C93 4103 46B0 99A7 D84C5C9E71F2
GrilledCheeze

GrilledCheeze

I'm growing in a 4x4 tent in a 10x12 bedroom. I've done a lot to try and optimize the growing conditions in my space. Most of that time I just sit and stare at the system thinking about how the air was moving and what I could do to improve the efficiency of each of my components (air movement, humidity, temperature, light, and so on). For instance, I'm no HVAC pro but I do understand that every bend and turn you put in your ducting you'll loose efficiency. Any time I make a change I close everything up and watch the numbers on my controllers for changes.

I also keep a close eye on the temperature and humidity outside my house, inside my living space, in the grow room, and inside the tent. It sounds like a lot but it's really pretty simple. I have an indoor/outdoor weather station, I use the digital home thermostat readings, and in my room I have multiple controllers and meters to monitor. I can check everything in less than 30 seconds and I watch it all the time. So why do I do all of this? Well my system is vented and I make a lot of adjustments manually. It's not ideal but it works for me. If I notice ambient humidity is high outside and in my home, I turn on the dehumidifier in the grow room. If temperature and humidity are high I may adjust the settings on the house AC. I use all of the tools to try to keep things in the proper range for the growth stage of my plants.

I know they say this plant will grow like a weed, and it does, but if you rely on a superior product for a medical condition, or if you refuse to settle on anything less than the best quality you'll have to either put in the work like I describe or put up the cash for something that will take care of itself. I think that's why most people would rather just buy from dispos. I literally have to plan my life around my grows and that works for me.

W

Willisbrow

So. Still having big wave length patterns for my temp hum and VPD readings. But I’ve had my door to my room open cause I was spraying them down with some PM prevention. And with the door open I get a much more even reading. Here is a pic.
Tell me what u guys think.

4A813715 5518 4F18 A8C9 5C7A933B80B0
W

Willisbrow

My plants are looking good. Ut I really like the consistent lines I’m gettting with my door open. With it closed I’ve been messing around with my dehumidifier and humidifier. But am still having large swings. Last few days I kept my humidifier off and had my dedu set at 45RH. But have spikes to 60. And that lowers my VPD

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

My guess is that with the door open your data waves have smoothed out which tells me you need more air circulating through the tent?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
It’s kind of relative on how you look at the graph with their app. Scale back like you would a stock market ticker to get a better idea and lined look. I get the want for a straight line all the time, but I feel that is so hard if not impossible without enclosed spaces and full environment control. I have to adjust my automations in tune of even when I water because it raises my humidity. If I keep the same exhaust speeds 3 days later, it’s the fans are high and my humidity drops too low. So I am constantly adjusting to make sure my exhaust speeds match to keep humidity and temps in check. It’s a tough balancing game but rewarding for sure. I obsessed with it for awhile but now as long as I’m within range for the week, I am happy and try not to worry on the minute by minute or hour by hour.

W

Willisbrow

I hear ya about not worrying about it now. My plants are growing good. It when I see that straight line at. Around 75 degrees and 40%RH with my VPD around 1.4. I want that all the time.
This is my first round with all this new stuff. And next round I have plants verging right now. And want things to go as good as they can.

Thanks.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

I have 3 oscillating fans at different levels and the T6 exaust tan.
I mean you need to move more CFM through it. I could be wrong but if you open your tent and the graph line smooths out it would seem that more air is what is doing it.

W

Willisbrow

Hmm. I do see what ur saying. But one 6” exhaust fan should be enough for my small area.
Last night looked and my intake ducting was near the floor of my flooded garage. So I taped it to my wall so it’s getting air from higher up in my garage now. I wish I had the controller with Wi-Fi. I want to see what it’s doing while I’m at work.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Hmm. I do see what ur saying. But one 6” exhaust fan should be enough for my small area.
Last night looked and my intake ducting was near the floor of my flooded garage. So I taped it to my wall so it’s getting air from higher up in my garage now. I wish I had the controller with Wi-Fi. I want to see what it’s doing while I’m at work.
I have an AC Infinity T6 fan and controller. Definitely worth it.

Why do you have an intake duct? Are you running the fan from inside the tent? I like to hang the tent from the ceiling in the middle of the tent then duct the air out so that the fan is pulling fresh air in and humid, hot air out.

W

Willisbrow

I have an AC Infinity T6 fan and controller. Definitely worth it.

Why do you have an intake duct? Are you running the fan from inside the tent? I like to hang the tent from the ceiling in the middle of the tent then duct the air out so that the fan is pulling fresh air in and humid, hot air out.
The duct is just a 4 inch hole in the bottom of my room. I have ducting so no light will get in through that hole.

W

Willisbrow

Tonight I changed back to my old densmaller dehumidifier. It’s a lot smaller than my present one. By so far it’s dying s much better job of keep a constant humidity. So VPD is been pretty stable.
It’s only been 40 min but it’s look good. Here are some pics.

96EE5463 44AA 4E1F AF37 3F5A5B8561FA
216E6A93 698E 49EF 9A8D 286DAE110536
W

Willisbrow

Here’s a few more pics. Of lights on graph with graphs of average temp humidity and VPD. All very stable

425D9569 FD9C 4A13 89A2 F80AC8F33107
267518D6 3569 4404 87D7 015D5B775FD0
A1149F47 1A8B 465E ADE5 434A0910DAFC
8AE7007F DB9A 43B0 8222 67C08CB0072C
W

Willisbrow

I turned my heater off and my dehu kept everything stable. For late flower I think it’s pretty good

Latest posts

Top Bottom