How to get seeds from feminized plants?

• Thread starter Bullyson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bullyson

Bullyson

I ordered some Iranian Autoflower from Dr GT and would like to know how to go about getting seeds from the feminized plants. I've seen where it's said to use Colloidal Silver then go on to ask about how to make it. I've seen colloidal silver for sale and this makes me wonder if it's the same thing being talked about on here. Help please!

Bullyson

Bullyson

Is there a minimum and maximum concentration that should be used?

C

chalky white

you can buy it at the hydro store or make it yourself but ill tell ya that autoflower isnt as good as they say i didnt prefer it at all very airy buds

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
you can buy it at the hydro store or make it yourself but ill tell ya that autoflower isnt as good as they say i didnt prefer it at all very airy buds

Bro the Iranian that ive seen grown out all turned out to be awesome plants. if you use the search funtion you will see some grows on here of the iraniann auto and they are by far not larf.

~KMK~

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

year in ,year out, well grown, its a mover/shaker...

Bully,

you will do better cloning it over trying to self it...

by all mean try if you want..was a waste of time for me..

Can you even clone an auto flower without the clone just flowering out? I'd say don't try to fem an auto flowering plant but that's just me. I'm sure light stress would cause it to sport some male flowers, no?

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder
Can you even clone an auto flower without the clone just flowering out? I'd say don't try to fem an auto flowering plant but that's just me. I'm sure light stress would cause it to sport some male flowers, no?

There are true autoflowers and then plants with auto flowering traits. i believe the iranian auto is like this.

If you have a true autoflower it will will flower no matter what the light cycle is.

However with a plant that has auto traits you can keep a cut under 24 hr lights and be ok.

why would you say dont fem an auto plant? just curious to your reasoning behind it? people sell fem beans of autos everyday rt? why is an auto fem bean any different than another fem bean? other than the fact that they auto flower or have auto flower traits?

~KMK~

E.C.U.G

E.C.U.G

Breeder

I don't recommend using light poisoning or heat stress or similar stress methods to produce bananas, because that low stress tolerance will be passed down to the resulting seeds, resulting in plants that could hermie in a less than an ideal environment.

~KMK~

Big D

Big D

Has anyone seen this?

Yes. I'm currently working with Tiresias Mist. It works, if you follow the instructions it will work. The first try I started spraying a single branch the same day I put the plant into 12/12. I focused specifically on the stem of the branch and not the leaves. At first you will see a few female parts appear. But soon after, male parts begin to appear in abundance. I continued spraying the stem after the male parts appeared for about a total of 30 days. This stem produced plenty of pollen. However, the female being reversed was too far along to pollenate and allow time for seeds to develop. So I recommend adding another female to the 12/12 after the plant being reversed has been in there for two weeks. That way when the pollen is produced, there will be a female to pollenate that isn't already at the end of it's life cycle. The pollen was used to pollenate a clone of the same strain plus some others. At this point the seeds are just now splitting their bracts. I should be harvesting soon and will report back on the results.

The second experiment I followed the instructions more exactly, starting to spray during veg about 5 days prior to entering 12/12. Then after about 21 days I stopped spraying (even though there wasn't clear male parts showing). This plant too produced pollen but less than the first (oversprayed) plant. So I recommend spraying until you see male parts, then stop. I will report back with results on these experiments soon.

Top Bottom