How to get tighter buds any ideas or don't worry about it ?

• Thread starter Weedwhacke421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Anthem

Anthem

Are they growing spires mate? like groups of fresh pistils .this could b the plants last ditch to try and pollente itself and throw nanner or so..if not just discard this comment..how longs it been budding..indica ..sativa.
Max this is a classic case of too much light towards the end of the plants life or PK Boosters or a combination of both. Once the plant starts to finish, stops throwing white hairs it is time to start to lower the light much like what happens as winter approaches outdoors. As the hours of light become less, so does the intensity because the sun is also further away for the earth.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Max this is a classic case of too much light towards the end of the plants life or PK Boosters or a combination of both. Once the plant starts to finish, stops throwing white hairs it is time to start to lower the light much like what happens as winter approaches outdoors. As the hours of light become less, so does the intensity because the sun is also further away for the earth.
Yup and i also lower temps a bit

Weedwhacke421

Weedwhacke421

Ok thankyou I have them on 12 hours right now so should I go down to 10 hours or even less light?

Weedwhacke421

Weedwhacke421

It is Purple Haze and at least 7 weeks now. They seem to be at the point where nothing is changing. The trichs are all Milkey looking, and they just won't go amber. Some of the hairs are all brown and some are still white on different plants. I am going to drop the time down from 12 hours to 10 hours like suggested and see if that helps. No, they are not growing anything really, they are just doing nothing. Should I be more aggressive and go down to 8 hours of light maybe?

DSCN1044
DSCN1053
DSCN1070
Weedwhacke421

Weedwhacke421

Ok I just now went out and shut down my HPS lights and tried to get better pictures with some white light and I do see a very few amber trichs. These are the pictures from today they are not the greatest, but man are the buds really starting to turn purple. wow that is cool. Sorry about all the low-quality pictures I just can't get over the purple buds.

DSCN1082
DSCN1084
DSCN1077
DSCN1086
DSCN1087
steamroller

steamroller

I see amber.
Personal choice on what type of buzz you want . Skip to week 7..
Check out this link.
🍻 Cheers!

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

My Fire OG cut makes window breakers. I just finished my last run and its the most density I have ever gotten they are no joke grinder buster nugs. Especially the big top nugs I trimmed them very tight and you can squeeze them as hard as you can they barely give under your fingers. Im using high end light lots of output with 100% all organic soil and compost tea.

growsince79

growsince79

My Fire OG cut makes window breakers. I just finished my last run and its the most density I have ever gotten they are no joke grinder buster nugs. Especially the big top nugs I trimmed them very tight and you can squeeze them as hard as you can they barely give under your fingers. Im using high end light lots of output with 100% all organic soil and compost tea.
How many g/jar loose?

Last edited:
Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Oh one more thing. I heard adding silica is supposed to help with nug density. I recently added it to my compost tea blend as well.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

So two pages of replies……

But surprisingly nobody has mentioned:

-Temperature control (day/night) as you approach harvest

-Proper plant shaping to best utilize the light sphere

-Deleting or adding specific light spectrum(s) late in flower

-Reducing feed strength and/or inputs in relation to the plant’s development

-Reducing watering frequency in the last stage of the plant’s life

If your buds are not tight, you need to dial in your parameters. Very rarely will an indica dominant strain give you larfy colas if grown even somewhat correctly. Respond to the plant’s needs, not your own impulses or your hydro shops advice. The above suggestions are easy changes to make, and it’s not your genetics holding you back in that space.
BANG! This right here.....

Yes, genetics will play the MOST important part in how your flowers finish but you can certainly manipulate the plant to improve on its original genetics by making sure all conditions the plant needs to thrive are met and pushed to the edge without stressing the plant out. Stress is the #1 problem for growers. Stress will stunt or weaken your plant and make it more susceptible to bugs or disease.

10 degree or less temp variation day to night
Plant training in early veg to achieve a flat canopy
Blue spectrum in Veg, Red spectrum in bloom. Add IR the last few weeks of flower.
If you're in soil it's easier to regulate your feed strengths since the soil is there to smooth out whatever mistake you may make although it has its limits
Water frequency and amounts at different stages of growth will also enhance your flower quality and weight.

No one of these will produce great results but done all together you should be very happy with your yield weight and quality.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Oh one more thing. I heard adding silica is supposed to help with nug density. I recently added it to my compost tea blend as well.
Silicate helps in strengthing leaf and branch structure buy fortifying the cellulose. I'm not sure silicate does much when it comes to flower but I'm not 100% on that. I usually stop silicate feeding after the 3rd week of flower.

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Silicate helps in strengthing leaf and branch structure buy fortifying the cellulose. I'm not sure silicate does much when it comes to flower but I'm not 100% on that. I usually stop silicate feeding after the 3rd week of flower.
I heard some guys on the form here talking about silica in flower. They said that most people stop in flower cuz it doesn't help with crystal however they were saying if you keep running it through flower it helps create grinder busters. Some like it other dont its a preference thing thats what they said never tested it myself

shaganja

shaganja

Has anyone mentioned natural p.g.r? Seaweed is said to be one.

7munkee

7munkee

I give it silica once like the second week of veg and then again once about 3rd week of flower. I add cal/mag like a week after each silica dose. This is only for synthetic nutes. Lately I have been trying to dial in organic and it is a challenge.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Exactly! Whenever someone asks me if I have any tips or tricks to growing I tell them just mimic what mother nature does. A few years back I was at a cannabis convention hanging out in the California Lightworks booth. I mentioned how nice it would be to have a sunrise/sunset feature on a light. I started to see this feature in their line a few months later.....

Weedwhacke421

Weedwhacke421

Well, the purple haze has been in the Grove bag for five days and I want to say I like the grove bags much better than I do using quart jars. I opened them up once a day for just a little while and man they smell great, and the buds are perfect not to dry and not to wet but the smell of the purple haze was awesome already. If you have not tried the grove bags you are missing out from what I have seen so far. The one thing though is that my buds are still not tight but not really too bad, I think. I will post a picture of the bag and the buds in it and let me know what you think if they look fine or are too fluffy. I know the smoke is good already. This was only two of the smaller plants I have seven more big girls to dry yet. This bag is for holding one pound of bud. Thanks.

DSCN1140
DSCN1142
G

GMagnolia

Ok smokers I have a question that is going to have a hundred different replies more than likely. How to hell do you get tighter buds? I will usually grow around 10 to 12 plants under two 1000watt HPS lights. I am trying for the first time Candy Bud going on what some people at a dispensary have told me. I am growing purple haze and I have fox farm soil that was just transplanted when I switched them to bigger pots 3 gallon. I let them adjust to the transplant for two weeks and have switched them to flower. The taste is good of everything that I have grown but this one thing seems to elude me.
Just wanna say that you've got some nice buds there, mate! Goodluck with your growing.

Top Bottom