HOW TO GROW 100P'S OUTDOORS??!!

• Thread starter DRONER
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You guys are crackin me up, we are talkin about outdoors right? 2oz a plant, 1/3 survival rate, pullin males? that is some total silliness.....outdoors is a different game.....and it is definately not as hard as your makin it sound..even for gorilla growin

I pulled 27.5lbs off of 9 plants last year, 42.5 lbs off of 16 plants if you add an unattended plot..the crappiest unattended plot went 21lbs on 21 plants and that was in crap red ass soil...that was pretty much crowns and trophy buds, we oiled out most of the schwap and had 1000's of ml's

Frost is not the deadline it is a hard freeze and there is alot of time difference between the two...Snow is not a killer...25 and below is a death nail....our window here where I am at in Colorado is pretty much the last week of October thru the first week of November

When you pullin 100lbs you have trimmers lined up, this is not a closet grow that your trying to process all by yourself, it is a mad dash to beat the harvest window and the hard freeze

Best I have seen so far from the co-op killers is 525lbs in 5 days, two back to back twisters and 25 preppers front and back...now thats an operation

$1500 per 25lbs trimmed is about what last year cost in hand trimmin alone..Had almost 2 tons of soil used, pallets and pallets of Promix HP alone...lol..another couple grand in nutes and pesticides

Anyways, 50 plants will easily pull 100lbs and especially you you aggressively veg them before puttin them out, processing is the biggest issue in the end because you only have a few days to a week to get it indoors or the plant in a hot house

Tex

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I could swear that when I first started reading the farm I came across an outdoor diary that was the real big one in that video. TK, sound familiar?

outwest

brownGrass98

brownGrass98

Toshay, its a tough world for little seedlings out their 1/3 works for me. Guess set low goals and never be disappointed. Its hard to predict the future but one thing is for sure I can pull atleast 2 oz off a plant guaranteed. But I take it as encouragement to improve the holes in my game and expect more for less :) Anyways thats a great success story you have I enjoyed the reading. Glad i could be of some entertainment. :cool:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You can pull 2oz a plant with a flourecent light in a closet veggin for 45 days. You really need to be on your game to get the most outta the outdoors, especailly since the time and efforts is the same as almost three indoor flips....IMO you have to kill it outdoors for it to be worth all the hassles that come along with it, its no cake walk...

Not trying to discourage ya BG98 at all, there are just much easier ways to get some real killer results outdoors, a little more prep and planning and your there

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Those who tell, don't know. And those who know, don't tell.

If you want to grow a hundred pounds, start with aiming for 20 pounds, and see how far off you are +/- when harvest comes around. Then you may have an idea what it'll take to see 100

jyip

jyip

Not trying to discourage ya BG98 at all, there are just much easier ways to get some real killer results outdoors, a little more prep and planning and your there
We are stardust, Billion year old carbon, We are golden, Caught in the devils bargain, And we've got to get ourselves Back to the garden
Texas Kid,

Those who tell, don't know. And those who know, don't tell.

If you want to grow a hundred pounds, start with aiming for 20 pounds, and see how far off you are +/- when harvest comes around. Then you may have an idea what it'll take to see 100

i would be freakin thrilled with one 1-2 lb outdoor plant

tk, have you ever grown ina swamp? i may try that,,,,flipm a grass mound upside down, flopa 20 lb plastic bag of soil on top of it and throw a 2 ft clone in it and see what happens at end of year,,,,, fyi, im more indoor than outdoor greower these days, but i have never had an oudoor over 5-6 ounces, i would b stoked w 21 plts giving 21 lbs never mind 16 giving 45lbs, now, had to be monsters,,,

anybody.....what is a realistic size n weight froma guerilla gro outdoor plant??

thx

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i would be freakin thrilled with one 1-2 lb outdoor plant

tk, have you ever grown ina swamp? i may try that,,,,flipm a grass mound upside down, flopa 20 lb plastic bag of soil on top of it and throw a 2 ft clone in it and see what happens at end of year,,,,, fyi, im more indoor than outdoor greower these days, but i have never had an oudoor over 5-6 ounces, i would b stoked w 21 plts giving 21 lbs never mind 16 giving 45lbs, now, had to be monsters,,,

anybody.....what is a realistic size n weight froma guerilla gro outdoor plant??

thx

I have seen pics of TK's monster plants. It depends on how big they can get before they start to flower, and the strain you are running. 1-2# per plant should be pretty easy if you are on your game. I've heard of 7-9# /plant before. Do a search on tom hill.

1547bushes1.jpg

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
So that feild right there^^^ is well ove 100 lbs then?

wonder how big a space it would take to hang 100lbs

jyip

jyip

thxI have seen pics of TK's monster plants. It depends on how big they can get before they start to flower, and the strain you are running. 1-2# per plant should be pretty easy if you are on your game. I've heard of 7-9# /plant before. Do a search on tom hill.

these are the grows with the top drip lines and HUGE raised bed type with 200 gallon pots the size of small swimming pools?

how much cana avearage joe alone do offa single guerilla plt w/minimal care but good genetics and close to ideal spot....
what is a real # for yield for a guerilla type plt? by that i mean drop off beginning of serason, and maybe 2-3visits a month at most to check up,,,,again , i wanna gro in swamp becuz it can self water and it gets full sunlight,,,,i had been thinkin bout this for yrs n never done it yet, but iwll this year..... so ill post in october with how much an average to above average grower can reasonably expect fom an outdoor clone in ideal left alone to gro conditions.....i am hoping for 4-6 zips per plt and gonna put 2-3 plts ina clump ona clump of glass upsided w/promix bale on top , and spray paint camo on it and see if they go full term....i never had great luck outdoors cuz i didnt plt where optimal condtions where, ie, not enuff sunlight n early frost

Shamus

Shamus

if you know what your doing i would assume to get 3-6 oz's per plant. ik you can get a lot more and a little bit less. this is a very situation dependent scenario. even if lets say you had some beans of plant "x" each different pheno is going to grow yield and act differently. so little to no advice can be given only past experiences and false hopes of buying a lake house in october and having a 3 some with victorias secret models for 2 weeks straight while you bath in cannabis. like most of what others said up here, if you are expecting modest amounts you wont be dissapointed come fall and maybe even better off than you planned.

jyip

jyip

if you know what your doing i would assume to get 3-6 oz's per plant. ik you can get a lot more and a little bit less. this is a very situation dependent scenario. even if lets say you had some beans of plant "x" each different pheno is going to grow yield and act differently. so little to no advice can be given only past experiences and false hopes of buying a lake house in october and having a 3 some with victorias secret models for 2 weeks straight while you bath in cannabis. like most of what others said up here, if you are expecting modest amounts you wont be dissapointed come fall and maybe even better off than you planned.

thats right what i was thinkin,

Blaze

Blaze

Make sure your plot has plenty of sunlight - that affects yield tremendously. If your plants are only getting a few hrs of direct sunlight a day it doesn't matter how much nutrients and other care they get, they won't yield well. Grow in a big of a hole or pot as possible - the more space the plant has the more roots it will put out and the faster it will grow. Never grow in anything smaller than a 50 gallon pot/hole outside if you are serious about getting a good return. Follow those two guidelines and you should have no problem hitting 1 lb plus per plant.

Be sure you have the infrastructure in place to dry and process what you grow at the end of the year. It takes quite a bit of space and time to process large plants, and this is where a lot of people mess up. If you rush the drying, curing and processing quality will suffer greatly. This is the number one reason most outdoor is not very good quality - especially if you run it through a trim machine.

DRONER

DRONER

Never grow in anything smaller than a 50 gallon pot/hole outside if you are serious about getting a good return. Follow those two guidelines and you should have no problem hitting 1 lb plus per plant.

I think that has been one of the main errors in my past grows,i have used 25 gallon grow bags, they dry up really fast during the hot months of the summer, and they dont allow the plants to get much bigger than around 5 feet. Im planning to use atleast 35 gallon pots or smartpots possibly 40-50gal if i can get all the soil mix in to the spot in time.

this whole thread really took off, alot of really good insight, alot of fantasy grow ideas too but alwasy keeps things positive!
id say im aiming for around 8 oz per plant this year, and i think with my mix and preperation so far, im going to be pretty close if not more than my expectations.!

im gonna try n document a small patch of the grow this summer, same strain same mix and see the results from a quebec grow!

DR

Shamus

Shamus

these are the grows with the top drip lines and HUGE raised bed type with 200 gallon pots the size of small swimming pools?

how much cana avearage joe alone do offa single guerilla plt w/minimal care but good genetics and close to ideal spot....
what is a real # for yield for a guerilla type plt? by that i mean drop off beginning of serason, and maybe 2-3visits a month at most to check up,,,,again , i wanna gro in swamp becuz it can self water and it gets full sunlight,,,,i had been thinkin bout this for yrs n never done it yet, but iwll this year..... so ill post in october with how much an average to above average grower can reasonably expect fom an outdoor clone in ideal left alone to gro conditions.....i am hoping for 4-6 zips per plt and gonna put 2-3 plts ina clump ona clump of glass upsided w/promix bale on top , and spray paint camo on it and see if they go full term....i never had great luck outdoors cuz i didnt plt where optimal condtions where, ie, not enuff sunlight n early frost
BTW YOU SHOULD BE INCREDIBLY CAUTIOUS - im also doing this but you most likely CAN NOT use the swamp water due to the fact it is very acidic. normally much to high of a PH. so unless you can isolate whatever water source ie like a wood sqaure box pushed 4 feet into the soil with a soiless mixture in it and get the PH to 7 ish then you might be straight.. until it rains. SO to take advantage of lesser traveled areas like this i figured id just build a small platform and keep it out of the water. but thats just me

B

Burned Haze

I've done multiple years of GG and indoors and I have one strain I make sure I keep growing, timewarp!

Don't get greedy, that's when younget burned. But if you can support some people and not get urself in trouble. More the merrier

backpackballer

backpackballer

had a 4lb 10oz pineapple thai last year that came off in 75 days in a 5x5x5 hole big organic plants are very very possible

DRONER

DRONER

had a 4lb 10oz pineapple thai last year that came off in 75 days in a 5x5x5 hole big organic plants are very very possible
that must have been one beautiful tree to see in its prime!!was everything done organic?

DRONER

DRONER

I have seen pics of TK's monster plants. It depends on how big they can get before they start to flower, and the strain you are running. 1-2# per plant should be pretty easy if you are on your game. I've heard of 7-9# /plant before.
DO YOU THINK 1-2# PER PLANT IS DOABLE IN A CLIMATE LIKE QUEBEC??

Top Bottom