How To Grow Auto Strains?

• Thread starter BigPunkin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigPunkin

BigPunkin

I ordered some seeds last year, with them came freebies, Auto Red Poison and Blue Kush Auto. I never grew an auto strain before. Whats are the big DO's and DONT's when growing auto strains? What day do you begin to feed them your flowering nutes? Whats best 24/0, 18/6, 12/12?

H

hawkman

here is growth cycle:
weeks 1-3 vegation stage
weeks 4-10 flower stages
Use nutrients specific to growth stages - many use 18/6 light cycle start to finish or 18/6 for veg and 12/12 for flower

BigPunkin

BigPunkin

From what i've understood, it takes 8 weeks from start to finish. So in my head that means that soon as pops through the soil it's technically flowering, so would i skip the veg base nutes and go directly to the bloom nutes?

That still makes no sense to me, because technically, there still has to be a veg period right? Would i give it my veg base for one week, switch to my bloom base?

Also if 12/12 is bad for an auto, and 18/6 is better for an auto, wouldn't 24/0 be best for an auto?

I'm overthinking this aren't i? lol

Last edited:
BigPunkin

BigPunkin

Would i treat it as a normal photoperiod strain and give it veg nutes for 4wks, then switch to bloom nutes?

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Would i treat it as a normal photoperiod strain and give it veg nutes for 4wks, then switch to bloom nutes?
Depends on how you want it to grow, some people do that and others feed it bloom nutes from the getgo.
I think next time I get an auto I will feed it veg until it gets about 5 nodes high and starts showing preflowers then switch to bloom nutes.

str8smokn

str8smokn

Seriously read the thread that is posted up a couple posts. It will have everything that you need in there.
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

It goes veg feed for 2-3weeks , when you see preflowers you mix feeds . 3/4 ,1/2 bloom- this way they continue to grow in vertical and side branching while giving some bud structure. That should be around week 4 for just a couple feeds ,
then it's 1/2veg , 1/2bloom for week 5
1/4 veg , 3/4 bloom feed week 6
Full bloom feed week 7-8 then straight water for 9-10
Most Autos are more like 9-10 week finishers. Even if they say 8 weeks on the tag.
STR8

Necromancer

Necromancer

Use 1/4 dose of recommend Nutes. Autoflowers are very sensitive! Do not transplant unless you have experience otherwise you should sew the seed in the pot you will be finishing in. Autoflowers are very unforgiving!

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

I ordered some seeds last year, with them came freebies, Auto Red Poison and Blue Kush Auto. I never grew an auto strain before. Whats are the big DO's and DONT's when growing auto strains? What day do you begin to feed them your flowering nutes? Whats best 24/0, 18/6, 12/12?
Go 24 hour until you get it where you want it and then switch to 12 12 done.

Top Bottom