How to increase RH w/ your Mini-Split

• Thread starter Mr_Marley_Jim
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a little input on solving my LOW RH issues...

I'm running a sealed room w/ 8 x kw (2 are air cooled) and a 3 Ton mini-split.

Currently my condensation drip is pumped out of the room, and during lights on my RH has dropped below 30%.

There's a humidifier in the room that runs during lights on, but I had another idea:

Has anyone ever set up their condensation drip to feed a swamp cooler or humidifier during lights on, but then have a valve on a timer send the drip to a condensation pump during lights off?

And does anyone have a link to a good swamp cooler DIY?

Thanks for the help guys. :bong2:

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not know of any swamp cooler that can put out enough to get you up to 60-70%rh. Buy a bigger humidifier. JK

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Thanks JK... Ever setup your condensation drip to feed your humidifier?

R

REGISTRD

Ya do it in all my rooms..your drip condensate should be going into a 55gal drum right under your indoor unit.. YOu do realize thats 0 ppm water right? Free RO??
Get a Hydrofogger they have a float valve built in to them. set up a quick connect 1/4 line to the 55gal drum and bam your instantly putting back the perspiration right back in the air!!
I just was reading an article the other day where a guy said if you left him in the desert with our sealed rooms and a 55gal drum of water you could come back in 7months and hed have 2 harvests and about 30gal of water still in his drum......

B

Buddy Hemphill

I have the same problem. 20x20x10 and a 4 ton split cooling 12k. I put a 4000 btu swamp cooler in there and gained roughly 10% rh.

I took soaker hoses and wove them around my pots and put a valve on a timer. Pretty fuckin caveman. And didn't work that well. Rh% was all over the place.

Hydrofogger?....I gotta go google. Sounds like what I have been looking for in my "greenhouse humidifier" searches....but I haven't seen anything I liked yet.

peace

B

Buddy Hemphill

Hydrofogger says the $450 one is good for 1000-2000 sq ft of coverage. That means I would need between 2 and 4 of them.

Is there a DIY for this? I just cant drop 2 g's on humidifiers right now. I am tired of fighting this though.

J

Jalisco Kid

Check out faran 707. faran makes units for hydrofogger, JK

Using water that flows off fins that catch all spores and dirt is asking for some root problems if you are in to hydro.

P

pikes peak 69

High ya Buddy,

If rerading your posts correctly, your room is 20 x 20 = 400 sqft. So one unit would do it.

pp69

Hydrofogger says the $450 one is good for 1000-2000 sq ft of coverage. That means I would need between 2 and 4 of them.

Is there a DIY for this? I just cant drop 2 g's on humidifiers right now. I am tired of fighting this though.

true grit

true grit

I have a Hum-1 humidity controller hooked up to a 1. swamp cooler for lights on and 2. 600cfm exhaust fan for lights out. The swamp cooler keeps the room at about 47-48% with lights on and with lights out im peakin at about 60-65%. With a better dehumid, i would be with in range.

This is with 6k non aircooled, 24.5 btu mini split and other than hum exhaust- sealed room.

B

Buddy Hemphill

I have a Hum-1 humidity controller hooked up to a 1. swamp cooler for lights on and 2. 600cfm exhaust fan for lights out. The swamp cooler keeps the room at about 47-48% with lights on and with lights out im peakin at about 60-65%. With a better dehumid, i would be with in range.

This is with 6k non aircooled, 24.5 btu mini split and other than hum exhaust- sealed room.

Where was your RH before the SC?

I picked up about 10%

Where is your SC physically located? Mine was across the room but I think I am gonna try it right in front of my return of my mini-split.

Will that screw up the dryer in my A/C at all?

questions,questions,questions............

M

MediMary

I just want to follow along, I have been having similar problems

true grit

true grit

No i dont use the dehumid setting on the mini-split. Just the super cold setting. My sc is set across the room from the ac with teh hum-1 controller. both fan and sc are opposite the ac. Before the ac, my hum was consistent at 55%-60% both night and day just using the swamp cooler. When the ac started drying things out at lights on, i started to get jumps. The lights are gonna get outside aircooled this week, co2 added, and between that the ac should run about 75% less, and the hum should start regulating....

P

pikes peak 69

I bought a Faran 707 about 4/09 and haven't used it yet? Still building room. It is the same as a large Hydrofogger. It was explained to me that a 707 or Hydrogogger will do about 15 plants at about 25 sqdt each. So that is about 400 sqft area.
Looking at the site for hydrofoggers it states that it can put 1.5 gal per hour of water into the room. I can't imagine any room at 400 sqft/4000 cjbic ft needing more then that.

I will say one thing, it'll get you so close (if not completely) that you shouldn't have a problem.

pp69

Then do you think I still need only one?

Or do you have a better way for me to increase RH%?

B

Buddy Hemphill

I bought a Faran 707 about 4/09 and haven't used it yet? Still building room. It is the same as a large Hydrofogger. It was explained to me that a 707 or Hydrogogger will do about 15 plants at about 25 sqdt each. So that is about 400 sqft area.
Looking at the site for hydrofoggers it states that it can put 1.5 gal per hour of water into the room. I can't imagine any room at 400 sqft/4000 cjbic ft needing more then that.

I will say one thing, it'll get you so close (if not completely) that you shouldn't have a problem.

pp69

Wanna sell it?

M

Mr_Marley_Jim

Hydrofogger/Faran it is then... Crazy Shit = 1.5 gallons/hour...

Latest posts

Top Bottom