How to keep clones for over a month?

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NeWcS

NeWcS

I have a veg room and a flower room(tent). I only want to veg for about three weeks before moving the plants to the bud room(Tent). With that said I would need to keep my clones for about 5wks before I veg it. How can I keep the clone(s) small and alive for that time? I grow in a DWC

Container?
Medium?
Light?

thx!

G

Green Supreme

Fresh slips can be stored in a ziplock in the fridge for that long. Put in the fridge as long as you need, then root when needed. Good luck. Peace GS

NeWcS

NeWcS

So just put um in a bag in the fridge and when I'm ready just put the root hormone on them and they'll root?

G

Green Supreme

I take the slips and spray them lightly with water, wrap a bit of damp toilet paper around the bottom of the slips. Then into a ziplock and into the crisper drawer. They are easy to forget there, so I mark the calendar for rooting day. Good luck. Peace GS

G

Genius Genetics

GS,.. great tip bro..

you learn somthing new every day... Nice :)

and i thought i was the Genius around here..Lol..

Peace GG

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ive done something similar. I take large cuts and put them in a cup of water and into the fridge. I never waited more than a week to root though. Your method is way better.

420Gator

420Gator

I take the slips and spray them lightly with water, wrap a bit of wet toilet paper around the bottom of the slips. Then into a ziplock and into the crisper drawer. They are easy to forget there, so I mark the calendar for rooting day. Good luck. Peace GS

how long have u postponed rooting for? do u think using a vac sealer could prolong this window?

actually ill be trying this out today, ill take cuts out at 5 day intervals

G

Green Supreme

I have a King cut in the fridge now, been there at least 2 months. I am pretty sure it is good enough to go still. Never tried a vac sealer as I always kinda thought some air would be good. Peace GS

ps. does not always work if you open and close the fridge lots {crisper drawer helps for this} best to do a trial run when more cuts can be taken if it goes wrong. Good to know in advance how long it will work for you, before it is totally necessary.

jagle

jagle

amazing, never knew they could be kept for so long, love this forum for threads like these

420Gator

420Gator

ps. does not always work if you open and close the fridge lots {crisper drawer helps for this} best to do a trial run when more cuts can be taken if it goes wrong. Good to know in advance how long it will work for you, before it is totally necessary.

guess ill need to wait till i upgrade the mini fridge

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

cool temps and low light work. - I used keep bonsai moms in the bathtub under a single cfl. It takes a long time for them to go anywhere in those conditions. I'll bet they'd stay super small with just a little cfl bulb over them - the smaller the wattage, the less light they have to utilize.

G

gudkarma

i do this with cuts as well... in my veg closet i keep a bucket with 3 of those large yogurt containers inside. i have cuts in this bucket from the summer.

i snatched 75 (sour d, og kush, jackberry) and they're sill alive as i write.

dont forget to check the cup(s) water level & change out with fresh h20 every week. simple.

works. done it with my most precious plants. keep back up cuts of back up cuts like this too.

GS method is bomb & im gonna try that tonight with a dozen jackberry. i know this is a good way to get cuts to friends in other states.

indeed it is...

good lookin.

Dec262010FRMER 059
G

gudkarma

yes.

three large cups, one strain in each, are inside the bucket.

the bucket could be a cookie tray, a small tote, or whatever.

i use it cause there's a handle & the cups fit inside...

plus, i cover the top with a small clear shoebox tote as a humidity dome.

plus plus, if i want to move it & w/o the dome, i can attach one of those clip on lamps w/ a small fluro on the bucket rim.

G

gudkarma

they haven't cause i trim the bottoms off every now & then - like you would with fresh flowers.

its like they live in suspended animation...

surely they'd root if i left them alone. maybe add a drop of clonex to the water.

i dont need them to root, that's why i have 3 cloners, i need them to just be there ....waiting for the call to action.

Latest posts

Top Bottom