How to keep clones for over a month?

• Thread starter NeWcS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I do this alot also. In Oregon we can only have so many plants. We have to get creative.

Yes the clippings will be fine in the fridge for a month or longer, I just recomend to change the paper towell out weekly.
Another thing to keep in mind is make sure your crisper does not freeze anything. Or make sure the setting is not too cold either.
I lost a batch this last summer cus my fridge got too cold. What happens is the leaves turn all blackish and look dead if they get too cold and crisp up.
Another thing i do is use a light feeding of H&G Roots excellerator on the paper towells for the hell of it.

NeWcS

NeWcS

Ok, As stated before the clippings need light but how do they get light if put in the fridge?

G

Green Supreme

No need for light in the fridge with slips. Like I said test your fridge and adjust it accordingly. Set it and forget it. Well, write it on a calendar so you don't forget it. Peace GS

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Never put a grow light in my fridge. Seem's like it would defeat the purpose of a fridge.

I never had a problem with not using light on the cuts in the fridge. I just would change the water weekly and stick them back in the crisper. No light used or needed when I do this. I usually get around 75% survival rate by doing this. You might lose a few.

The reason I do this is here a uncut plant is nothing against plant counts. I can have a million cuts in the fridge and it would mean nothing towards my plant count as long as there are no roots on them.

Try it both ways if you like. Both ways will work I am sure.

R

robz

Never put a grow light in my fridge. Seem's like it would defeat the purpose of a fridge.

I never had a problem with not using light on the cuts in the fridge. I just would change the water weekly and stick them back in the crisper. No light used or needed when I do this. I usually get around 75% survival rate by doing this. You might lose a few.

The reason I do this is here a uncut plant is nothing against plant counts. I can have a million cuts in the fridge and it would mean nothing towards my plant count as long as there are no roots on them.

Try it both ways if you like. Both ways will work I am sure.

God I love this forum! Learn something new all the time.

J

jackbgrower

Unless you are restricted to plant numbers, I say why not just do some good old fashioned water cloning? I have given up all other methods of cloning and have simply used this because with any sized tote, a piece of Styrofoam, and a bunch of tiny holes you have a very easy set and forget cloner. Water cloning, it's what the Egyptians used!

Top Bottom