how to keep it cool on low budget?

• Thread starter wl300
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wl300

wl300

You have to have at least 1 full air exchange every minute. I ran a light dep green house for a year in socal near the beach and it still gets hot. one air exchange every minute at a minimum. Once the plants get above about 85 degrees you really start to lose the terpenes. IMO I would plant on 2 air exchanges every minute for best results and try to pull in air from the coolest area you can find.
so with the exhaust fan since my set up is wierd should i put it on the side wall or will i have to put it in the middle on the back wall
the structure is bacicall a big 18 x 20 with an 8x8 and 8x8 on the sides all connected

Ponky

Ponky

I would try and get an updraft going with the box fans. Face them straight up from the ground.

Anthem

Anthem

so with the exhaust fan since my set up is wierd should i put it on the side wall or will i have to put it in the middle on the back wall
the structure is bacicall a big 18 x 20 with an 8x8 and 8x8 on the sides all connected
Where are your intakes located?
You will still need air movement inside of the green house. But start will where the intakes are located verses the exhaust.

wl300

wl300

Nice. It's a legit ball bearing unit. Industrial controller. Industrial build quality. It's a good deal for 20".
yea it took 2days of searching lmao i like plus in play alot of stuff are still hard wire or buying a kit i just need it for the summers might fuck around and use it indoor grow to lmao ....

how many box fans and where would u place them facing straight up

wl300

wl300

honestly the back side has an alley way with druggies so i like it not being seeable then the 2 side walls of the 8x8 are a nieghbors and still see able from the alley but i do have one side open on the bottom the other side im still trying to figure out but i dont wont to be the neighbor with the load exhaust fan into my neighbors yard lol and then the whole front of the structure other then the roof , wich could still be opened , is open till it gets really windy/wet
then the whole front and all will most likely be closed with only 2 to 3 ft of the bottom opened

wl300

wl300

the heat only builds up because the back and 2 side walls are basicall closed off i can see it gets air in but obviously not out lol next year if there no more problems with the house ill be able to redo the greenhouse with roof vents and the way i want

Ponky

Ponky

yea it took 2days of searching lmao i like plus in play alot of stuff are still hard wire or buying a kit i just need it for the summers might fuck around and use it indoor grow to lmao ....

how many box fans and where would u place them facing straight up
I'd start with the 2 you got and space them out symmetrically near the edges. Then maybe walk around with a little thermal laser and see how consistent the space is. If you need more fans than that I'd do some different style fans. Little cheap ones. Several of them. You should have close to 400 total watts of airflow and circulation. Might be enough already.

wl300

wl300

I'd start with the 2 you got and space them out symmetrically near the edges. Then maybe walk around with a little thermal laser and see how consistent the space is. If you need more fans than that I'd do some different style fans. Little cheap ones. Several of them. You should have close to 400 total watts of airflow and circulation. Might be enough already.
yea im thinking the exhuast fan on the right sidewall a box fan with a whole to match to push in air flow on the other side then anothe box fan in the middle both above plant height and then 2 small 8 inch fans in the middle one on each post to help push air from the front into the back to be pushed by the box fans towards the exhuast if that makes sense ill have a total of 500 and some watts

Ponky

Ponky

Your exhaust is plenty on its own. Circulation in the space in terms of keeping the lower air mixing with the upper air is what I'd focus on now. Keep it consistent and no dead air spots.

wl300

wl300

Your exhaust is plenty on its own. Circulation in the space in terms of keeping the lower air mixing with the upper air is what I'd focus on now. Keep it consistent and no dead air sits
ok thanks guys ill let you know how its going in a few weeks

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

You don’t need exhaust fans if there are no walls. Exhaust fans are made to replace air inside of an enclosed greenhouse. They are loud and take a lot of watts to operate.

You need constant air circulation. Not a cylinder of air blasting in one direction only when prompted by a thermostat.

Hence the previous recommendation for wall mount oscillating fans in each corner. Cheap, quiet, and effective.

If you have an alleyway full of drug users behind your house, you may be putting yourself into an unnecessarily stressful situation. As if maintaining greenhouse temps during peak summer isn’t stressful enough.

wl300

wl300

You don’t need exhaust fans if there are no walls. Exhaust fans are made to replace air inside of an enclosed greenhouse. They are loud and take a lot of watts to operate.

You need constant air circulation. Not a cylinder of air blasting in one direction only when prompted by a thermostat.

Hence the previous recommendation for wall mount oscillating fans in each corner. Cheap, quiet, and effective.

If you have an alleyway full of drug users behind your house, you may be putting yourself into an unnecessarily stressful situation. As if maintaining greenhouse temps during peak summer isn’t stressful enough.
the only walls open is the front. and thats only on good days wich are not alot we get cool wetter nights and by the end of august itll be back to low 60s and wet the druggies and alley ways i have no choice i live where i live and have to grow where i can unfortunately this will be my fourth year i give certain ones weed here and there to keep an eye outi have a dog who gaurds it at all times plus my neighbors dogs on both sides dont play lol.im not worried about them to much. its worked great so far and the exhaust fan i got isnt that many watts and it would be less then running my indoor grow. i live in humboldt county ca right by the ocean

Top Bottom