How to know you are being cased by a burglar...

• Thread starter RMCG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
darkmatter

darkmatter

ive kept gettin it. theres a lot lot of "fuck its" in dope growing.lock it down better and stay on it, create a better stay away vibe.i would be worried about dumbass #1 telling dumbass #2. i once considered some traps or something, but i would likley just fuck myself up.

R

RMCG

ive kept gettin it. theres a lot lot of "fuck its" in dope growing.lock it down better and stay on it, create a better stay away vibe.i would be worried about dumbass #1 telling dumbass #2. i once considered some traps or something, but i would likley just fuck myself up.

:)

:lock::lock::lock:
:lock: :worried :lock:
:lock::lock::lock:

S

someone

Hello.

I was just surfing internet gathering info and saw what happened to you. I have the same situation. My house was randomly burglarized and sucker saw my grow. Didn't touch it just stole bulbs and some other stuff . Now my house is compromised. I'm so confused cos don't know what to do. I'm asking myself should I wait for a few months or never grow again? I'm so pissed. Been growing with love for 11 years and now this.

Anyway good luck and best regards to all.

R

RMCG

Hello.

I was just surfing internet gathering info and saw what happened to you. I have the same situation. My house was randomly burglarized and sucker saw my grow. Didn't touch it just stole bulbs and some other stuff . Now my house is compromised. I'm so confused cos don't know what to do. I'm asking myself should I wait for a few months or never grow again? I'm so pissed. Been growing with love for 11 years and now this.

Anyway good luck and best regards to all.

Med state or no?

If that POS has your grow as his 'Ace in the hole' for when he gets popped ripping someone else off, then that would be the deciding factor for me.

Did you notice anything 'weird' prior to getting hit?

How did he enter?

Any details you care to share might help out others BEFORE something happens to them.

jyip

jyip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My dog is like my kid

i have alil terrier tht means the world to me, i would never put a dog in a spot that would get him hurt protecting me , or plants..but that is just me... i dont think they would be effective either, not against someone that has exp ripin shit off

one thing no one hear mentioned was some type of alarmthat makes alot of loud noise,,,rippers r sneaky and quiet, and dont want noise to expose what theyr doin...

best way to learn how to prtect against a thief is from athief,,, a couple friends of mine were thiefs, one told me about getting the dead locks like you mentioned for the outer doors of my house 4 two reasons, one was tat they could not just smasha window and turn your lock open, and the other was that they would have to break out of what they robbed as well...

i had in past been involved in drugs, and about twenty yrs back i used to sell coke,,, i got robbed a few times, and each time it was someone i knew,, two or three times it was one of the two thiefs i mentioned earlier

i couple yrs back i was ripped of my outdoor plts in yars where i lived,,, they came in w/snips and cut the top colas off each plant....i wish they took them all cuz three days later a wweird set of cicumstances got me busted for them ....
but looking back , the night i got ripped my dog was goin crazy, i kept letting go outside, the yard is fenced in, and he keep barking like crazy, this went on for 2 -3 hrs, and then the next morning i saw the tops of plts gone, i realized who did it, 99% sure it was a friend, well not a friend, someone i did drugs with , and thought was a friend,,,

i do not think rippers are random events,,, someone always has their eye on ur shit

good luck w/it, i would leave and start somewhere else, but only after i found out how/why i was ripped

and as much as i wanted to hurt peeps if i caught them, doing that would put me in prison,, and everyone here will say, oh, i wont get caught killing some punk, blah blah, but you will more than likely, cuz your not a killer

live and learn and start over fresh ..i mena shot you got the guy on film even, and it didnt help ya out
hang in there

so to sum it up, i had been ripped 4 times , 3 outta four was for drugs froma thief friend of mine that kicked in my back door each time, one time he left a note saying my door was open , and he locked it cuz anyone coudla robbed me, but he dropped the note in my roommates bedroom, that sold pot that he stole,, but i never saw the note, and i had my suspected my roommate had ripped me off and blamed the other thief,,, back then i hung out with some bad people

but u get ripped for many reasons, peeps get jealous of your money, or how u make it, or they simply want your shit , cuz that is how they get shit, by ripping peeps off cuz they r addict type peeps, or they r pro's that do it for aliving...there was a story about a thieving family that robbed pot deaalers groqers cuz they cant go to police and r scared of these organized family types

outta everything i saw here in this thread, the OC spray that turned u green was the best, it would slow or stop them, and u would know if it was friend/associate or whaatnot who robbed u

lastly, this is for you rmcg

u mentioned that u had your equipment shipped to your grow location right?? what if the ripper worked for the place that shipped that shit to ur location?? easy way to find grows to rip off, at leasst i think soo

and because you had good strong security IMO, i think it was connected to peeps u know , cuz thiefs hit easy places to ripoff UNLESS they know what is there that they r taking,,then they would go to more extrmes to get your crop, and lastly, cuz it was a cut down drying crop, i really think it will be someone that u know, or a someone set there by someone u know,, sorry , but that is my immediate first thought when i read this,,, the freshly cut down crop says someone knew what was there,,,, just my opinion

biggest i would change for me is not to think i couldnt get ripped off,
the next is to listen to mydog when hes barking like crazy for 2 hrs, i should have known
lastly, let noone no, noone, and that is hardest i think,,, i trust my family , so they will know, a friend i got clones from knew, one best friend knew cuz i helped him w/his

i think in short is I am saying that i was too trusting of people
and also, i was having problems that put me near people that i would not normally associate with

i think the best defense you can get you will learn from a thief, the way they think is diferent than our way, my friends eyes seemed to be taking snapshots of everything in my house whenever he came there, he was/is a criminal and has about 6 yrs left ona 12 yr sentence,, and had already did 23 yrs , 5-7, 8-12, znd 9-12 yrs, and then the last one ..he went in at 18 yrs old,, all petty theft shit too,,, he could robbed armor cars and killed people and did less time,, the current ine if for stealing cartons of cigs froma store at nighttime when it was closed...after i think about more, i'll pass thru again,but i would not grow again, unless u want it ripped again, that place is over,,, look what happened to me,, first i got ripped, then 3 days later i was held without bail until my trial was over and it is still affecting in ways i cant say here

and worst thing would be to get charged to hurting the scumbags the ripped you if u got caught doin, or booby trapping it and hurting the wroong person,,,like you even said, u would not risk your dog, why risk yourselfthen rmcg?? think it thru bro

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
one thing I did in the past was put sand or small gravel around the house near entry points so you can see if mother fuckers are walking up and scoping your shit

rake it or broom it so its nice and smooth - that way if somebody has the balls to walk up and try to peer into windows or look over fences you will see the footprints

Billygoat

Billygoat

Scoth tape, what sneaky little bastards. Motion lights are more efficient when installed out of reach. Thats what i tell most clients. Any loss at your house?
hiboy

That's a good point, but that doesn't do anything when the sensor is taken out with a pellet rifle or a suppressed weapon. Doesn't take much to take out the senor. You would hardly notice a sensor being hit with a pellet rifle or a suppressed .22.

I knew someone that had this happen to. They where after the custom HD's in the garage. Lucky for the motion senors inside and ADT.
Take care,
BG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
one thing I did in the past was put sand or small gravel around the house near entry points so you can see if mother fuckers are walking up and scoping your shit

rake it or broom it so its nice and smooth - that way if somebody has the balls to walk up and try to peer into windows or look over fences you will see the footprints
Ahh! Just like biologists do to track wildlife movement patterns. Nice idea.

S

someone

Well I'm not from States but from the other side of Atlantic so no legal pot for us.

Nothing strange happened before, so no clue about what is going to happen. Maybe just feeling that I was observed. Came home from work,opened door and whole house smelled of weed. Opened second door and house was upside down. For sure was random burglar cos nobody knew what was going on. He/they came in through basement door.

Anyway law here doesn't assume lower sentence for snitching something so just pure evil burglar can bring me down. I just hope that I was fair to him-didn't go on a hunt, so he could be fair too and keep his mouth shut. But that is just a pray.

S

someone

Med state or no?

If that POS has your grow as his 'Ace in the hole' for when he gets popped ripping someone else off, then that would be the deciding factor for me.

How did he enter?

Any details you care to share might help out others BEFORE something happens to them.

Well I'm from other side of Atlantic. No legal pot for us here.

I didn't notice any strange thing prior. Maybe just strange feeling that someone is observing me(maybe just standard paranoia). He/they entered through basement door, also tried through the window but didn't succeed there. It was random burglary cos nobody knew what was going on.

Law here doesn't assume lower sentence for snitching something so only pure evil burglar would bring me down. I was hopping that since I didn't hunt him(and I probably could cos he redraw money from ATM machine with camera but should involve police) he/they could be also fair and keep our little secret for ourselves. But that is just a pray.

S

someone

Med state or no?

How did he enter?

Well I'm from other side of Atlantic. No legal pot for us here.

I didn't notice any strange thing prior. Maybe just strange feeling that someone is observing me(maybe just standard paranoia). He/they entered through basement door, also tried through the window but didn't succeed there. It was random burglary cos nobody knew what was going on.

Law here doesn't assume lower sentence for snitching something so only pure evil burglar would bring me down. I was hopping that since I didn't hunt him(and I probably could cos he redraw money from ATM machine with camera but should involve police) he/they could be also fair and keep our little secret for ourselves. But that is just a pray.

R

RMCG

That's a good point, but that doesn't do anything when the sensor is taken out with a pellet rifle or a suppressed weapon. Doesn't take much to take out the senor. You would hardly notice a sensor being hit with a pellet rifle or a suppressed .22.

I knew someone that had this happen to. They where after the custom HD's in the garage. Lucky for the motion senors inside and ADT.
Take care,
BG

I found some motion sensing gear at HD that is not your 'traditional' bulb w/sensor underneath. You can hook multiple sensors up to the receivers (bulb/base) by setting a code in the units. I've got a few different sensors pointing every which way, all of which flip on lights (internal and external).

Blaze

Blaze

Sorry to hear about this RMCG. Years back the place I was living at got burglarized. Ended up being by a friend's brother that had been doing tons of drugs and had a total mental break - down (he broke in to steal cheese, drawing supplies, and beer WTF!).

Anyway one of the things he did to get into the place unnoticed was to make small incisions on the corners of the screen in the kitchen window. The way the place was built he was able to slip a small screw driver in thru the slit in the screen and remove the entire damn mounting, screen and all.

So the lesson: check your screens. Also, a locked window or door does no good if the screws or what ever else holds it in place can be accessed from outside. If the whole damn window or door can be removed then it is useless.

Motherloade's idea is also a very good one. After my place got hit we checked out the yard and could see a very distinct spot in the bushes where someone had been lying down, scoping the place out. Gravel or sand works best but as I found tall grass can also be a big give away if someone is prowling about. Just be observant about the area around your house and be on the look out for anything amiss, like a patch of grass that has been pressed down, broken twigs or branches, footprints, etc.

You might check out the Dakota Alert MURS system. I use them in my outdoor garden and in the drying shed as well. Not even something as small as a skunk gets into that garden w/o me knowing about it:

R

RMCG

lastly, this is for you rmcg

u mentioned that u had your equipment shipped to your grow location right?? what if the ripper worked for the place that shipped that shit to ur location?? easy way to find grows to rip off, at leasst i think soo

and because you had good strong security IMO, i think it was connected to peeps u know , cuz thiefs hit easy places to ripoff UNLESS they know what is there that they r taking,,then they would go to more extrmes to get your crop, and lastly, cuz it was a cut down drying crop, i really think it will be someone that u know, or a someone set there by someone u know,, sorry , but that is my immediate first thought when i read this,,, the freshly cut down crop says someone knew what was there,,,, just my opinion

biggest i would change for me is not to think i couldnt get ripped off,
the next is to listen to mydog when hes barking like crazy for 2 hrs, i should have known
lastly, let noone no, noone, and that is hardest i think,,, i trust my family , so they will know, a friend i got clones from knew, one best friend knew cuz i helped him w/his

i think in short is I am saying that i was too trusting of people
and also, i was having problems that put me near people that i would not normally associate with

i think the best defense you can get you will learn from a thief, the way they think is diferent than our way, my friends eyes seemed to be taking snapshots of everything in my house whenever he came there, he was/is a criminal and has about 6 yrs left ona 12 yr sentence,, and had already did 23 yrs , 5-7, 8-12, znd 9-12 yrs, and then the last one ..he went in at 18 yrs old,, all petty theft shit too,,, he could robbed armor cars and killed people and did less time,, the current ine if for stealing cartons of cigs froma store at nighttime when it was closed...after i think about more, i'll pass thru again,but i would not grow again, unless u want it ripped again, that place is over,,, look what happened to me,, first i got ripped, then 3 days later i was held without bail until my trial was over and it is still affecting in ways i cant say here

and worst thing would be to get charged to hurting the scumbags the ripped you if u got caught doin, or booby trapping it and hurting the wroong person,,,like you even said, u would not risk your dog, why risk yourselfthen rmcg?? think it thru bro

I had NOTHING shipped to this location. Everything was brought in via plain brown boxes. NO ONE knew of this place. I don't have friends in the 'game' and I have pix of the MOFO that did it. He is NOT anyone I knew or associated with. There is ONE other person that knows of this place and it is a trusted member of this site, I would stop with those accusations right there. Trust me, NO ONE knew about this location.

'Booby trapping' can be considered 'lying in wait' IF it is LETHAL means. The 'WRONG' person will not be on my premises, as the only one allowed on my premises is ME.

R

RMCG

You might check out the Dakota Alert MURS system. I use them in my outdoor garden and in the drying shed as well. Not even something as small as a skunk gets into that garden w/o me knowing about it:

Good stuff.

I will be posting some DIY things that may interest those that are security minded.

I will reiterate:

I definitely do not associate with 'tweakers' and the like. I am not some 20 yo kid with sketchy 'friends'.

It was RANDOM. ONE OTHER PERSON (from this site) had been to this location and IT WAS NOT HIM or an 'associate'. Far more to lose than I in this situation... I will not name names, but it is a trusted person and we can leave it at that.

From here on out, I AM on the offensive, not the defensive.

Those that know me in 'real life' would scoff at the accusations that it was an 'inside' job.

jyip

jyip

I had NOTHING shipped to this location. Everything was brought in via plain brown boxes. NO ONE knew of this place. I don't have friends in the 'game' and I have pix of the MOFO that did it. He is NOT anyone I knew or associated with. There is ONE other person that knows of this place and it is a trusted member of this site, I would stop with those accusations right there. Trust me, NO ONE knew about this location.

rmcg,
sorry if what i posted offended you, I assure you that it was not my intent to upset you or accuse friends or associates, I only tried to help with my take after reading and responding to your thread that asked for help... i do know one thing, i didn't do it, and that is enuff for me

good luck w/it, i'm done solving problems here

Top Bottom