How to make good quality bubble hash quickly and easily - a step by step guide

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

Elemental

Spread the love

Hey there BUBBLE HEADS! nice to see you all busy with your concentrates!

Blaze

Blaze

Lookin' good Fred! I don't mind at all if you post a few pics. Happy to hear that you are getting good results with this method.

true grit

true grit

Nice fred! I tend to use square ice only available at a few spots... the hollow and round ice dont get as much friction. I could see the crushed ice killin it.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice hash Fred

Fine work Fred, looks like its all the same (72 bag). You also run the 25 after the 72 don't ya

mal

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

Dont know if this has been asked or not. But have you ever used fresh frozen trim before? The reason for asking is over the years in seperate runs I have used fresh fozen trim and dry cured.. Both with insane results.. only real difference is fresh frozen trim comes out black like oily resin almost sometimes blond.. when I use dry cured trim it comes out blonde to dark brown in color and solid as rock if pressed before dried and real sandy if dried in a spread..
If you have tried both methods which do you prefer better?

Blaze

Blaze

King Kong Kolas - Yes, I have used fresh frozen material before. In fact this is my preferred method of making hash. I have found that if you get it right, the bubble hash made with fresh frozen material tends to have a much better flavor and can be considerably more potent, at least in my opinion. Mine usually comes out very viscous and sticky and looks almost more like hash oil in appearance.

However I think that you do need to make a few adjustments to the process when using fresh frozen material to make it really shine. Also, the yield was always less than when using dried and cured material. However, I think this may be mostly due to the extra relative volume from the water that is still contained in the undried plant material, so it just looks like you are using more shake when in fact you are not.

Of course what is the "best" hash is subjective, but I far prefer good fresh frozen bubble hash to the dried bubble hash most of the time.

true grit

true grit

Yeah I have always been told and practice using slighty dried, cured, but frozen trim. As in hang the plant for a day or two cut off the popcorn before totally dry and freeze it. I trim before its completely dry through the stem and freeze that stuff.

When I make bubble at all, doesn't matter what trim, i freeze for at least 12 hours before cranking per suggestion of old heads. Always comes out gooey and blonde to light brown... not really hash oily but like blonde playdough...jelly style.

true grit

true grit

Here ya go, here's a Sour Diesel patty of 73. At room temp its sticky, super pliable, and like jelly sorta- almost not very solid. Don't know if i'd say jelly hash or what not.

Anyways used about 11-12 oz and pulled around 2 oz altogether. 31g of 73. Not bad, gonna smoke good!!

Fresh out the freezer...

DSCN0462.JPG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Damn it! Y'all are making me envious. As soon as I'm finished trimming up this pull I'm doing another run.

And dang, tg, you're up early, ain't ya?

Blaze

Blaze

That looks like some great hash true grit. Nice color and sheen to it and I bet it bubbles like mad.

true grit

true grit

Seamaiden- gracias yo. Get to it, you will be very happy afterwards! And yeah I had some medicated kool aid around 7 last night, passed out, woke up around 4 and got back to work. lol.

Blaze- thanks bro, haven't put it to the test yet... hehe.

T

Transgressor

Premium Member
Supporter
Blaze, thanks for taking the time to post such a great tutorial. Much appreciated.

S

supasticky

I've heard of people using only three or four bags. like the 220, 120, 90, 73 or even just using the 160, 90, 73. Is this common? I figured its to just get only the finest quality, but is there any other reason?

-Supa

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I bought a 5-bag kit (different kit) and have eliminated two of the bags because they've pulled absolutely nothing at all for me, clean as a whistle. So, no need to muck around with them if they produce nothing, right?

true grit

true grit

I agree, I find 25 a waste for yield and just add it to my 160 for cooking. I would say it doing certain bags go 160, 90, 73...and if must the 45 or whatever....but that one depends on yield and quality...

Blaze

Blaze

The bags that get the best yield and quality is strain-dependent. So you do not need 7 bags, but it can give you more flexibility. I often keep shake from different strains separate so having the 7 or 8 bags gives me a bit more control, but you certainly do not need it. Good results can be achieved with a 4 bag set. In fact I do not always use 7 or 8 bags myself - sometimes I will use less depending on what sort of results I want.

BOSSMAN88188

BOSSMAN88188

Damn blaze,
Very nice tutorial. Thank for sharing that.
I picked up a couple tips I will be using on my next run.

Top Bottom