How to make good quality bubble hash quickly and easily - a step by step guide

• Thread starter Blaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Blaze

Blaze

nice pics blaze. i gotta get in on this...

im interested on your thoughts about the time in the water. have you fond any correlation between the length of time trim sits in the water post mix and the quality/taste of the hash produced?

i always strain my trim the second the mix is finished.

Oh yeah, sitting it sit too long in the water definitely can have a negative effect on the flavor and smell. If it sits too long in the water the terpenes will be lost. I usually only let it sit 5-8 minutes, sometimes less. For top quality pulling it immediately is definitely the way to go. I usually try to hit a balance between quality and yield so I have found letting it sit that extra few minutes does seem to help with the yield.

Nice pics too!

Blaze

Blaze

So I got three samples of my bubble has tested by a lab down in SoCal. This is what the results were:

Fresh Frozen STFU:
Thc: 44.49%
Cbd: .58%
Cbn: 1.01%

Dried STFU:
Thc: 49.71%
Cdb: .75%
Cbn: .53%

Lemon Jack:
Thc: 53.88%
Cbd: 1.01%
Cbn: .99%

However if anything these tests have opened up more questions than answers. I thought it was really interesting that the fresh frozen STFU tested the lowest for THC and the highest for CBN, when it was by all accounts the best smoke. It got people, myself included, the most stoned, was the smoothest and most flavorful out of three. This would seem to confirm my theory that there is more going on with the high than just THC, CBN, and CBD. The lower test scores really left myself and the chemist scratching our heads. Even stranger is that there was a fourth sample tested from someone else, that tested out slightly higher than mine, but by all accounts from those who smoked it was lower quality. Really strange that the best smoking hash was the lowest on the THC, and that the lowest quality out of the samples was the highest.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
excellent work bro - very organized and well planned tutorial and awesome photos as well

I turn down a lot of water hash these days because its over mixed or dried improperly and moldy

I would gladly toke some of your well made wares

thx for sharing

You must spread some rep around before giving it to Blaze again

Blaze

Blaze

Hey thanks ML! The drying and curing is absolutely critical, and a part that many people do not seem to grasp. If you are ever up north hit me up I' love to smoke some melty goodness with ya!

O

organicfreak

the eatible hash do you throw that right into a batch of brownies or do you need to cook the hash into butter and use that butter?

Blaze

Blaze

You can do it either way organicfreak. Either grind it up into a powder and just add it right in, or cook it into butter or some sort of oil like olive oil or coconut oil and then use that. I've found that if you cook it into butter or oil and then strain that it helps get rid of the nasty hash taste, so that is how I make most of my hash edibles now.

H

Hemphrey Bogart

Great thread, Blaze. I got one question for you....I was wondering if you've ever used dry ice to help the process along? I've tried it with dry ice before but I think I still like just using regular ice and cold water.

When I tried the dry ice, I was adding chunks of it to the slurry and it was bubbling like crazy, which reduced the mixing time and effort. Just wondering if you've played around with that method or not.

Anyway, thanks for the tips!

HB.

Blaze

Blaze

Have yet to try the dry ice method. I live in a small town and no where here sells it. I've heard good things though! One of these times I really need to try it out.

Sir Puffs Alott

Sir Puffs Alott

Fuck yeah!!!!!!!!:handshake

GREAT THREAD!!!!:sign0005:

Knowledge galore.
Thank you sir.

~SPA

j wizzle

j wizzle

thanks blaze!!! made my first batch this weekend and it looks great already.

P

Pollen Chucker

ice water extract aka ice wax
http://i1194.invalid.com/albums/aa378/MattRize/DSCN0374.jpg

E

EuDiesel

So I got three samples of my bubble has tested by a lab down in SoCal. This is what the results were:

Fresh Frozen STFU:
Thc: 44.49%
Cbd: .58%
Cbn: 1.01%

Dried STFU:
Thc: 49.71%
Cdb: .75%
Cbn: .53%

Lemon Jack:
Thc: 53.88%
Cbd: 1.01%
Cbn: .99%

However if anything these tests have opened up more questions than answers. I thought it was really interesting that the fresh frozen STFU tested the lowest for THC and the highest for CBN, when it was by all accounts the best smoke. It got people, myself included, the most stoned, was the smoothest and most flavorful out of three. This would seem to confirm my theory that there is more going on with the high than just THC, CBN, and CBD. The lower test scores really left myself and the chemist scratching our heads. Even stranger is that there was a fourth sample tested from someone else, that tested out slightly higher than mine, but by all accounts from those who smoked it was lower quality. Really strange that the best smoking hash was the lowest on the THC, and that the lowest quality out of the samples was the highest.

Hmm...do you know what method they used to test it? HPLC? GC/MS? TLC? etc

Blaze

Blaze

I'd have to find the results again - forget the exact name. They called it a "gas test" - so I know it was not the HPLC. As it was explained to me, the would combust a small quantity of the product and then test the vapor so you know exactly what the % was when you smoked it.

K

Kushtime

So i was reading the forum and fresh frozen trim puts out a potent hash. Im a first time grower and i want to make an attempt at this hash process and had a couple questions.

Im going to do a 5 gal bucket set up
where do i get the screens?
When i chop the plants down is that when i take the trim leaves and freeze them?
How long should i freeze them for?
I have local access to dry ice im going to take advantage of.
This may be a stupid question but has anyone tried salt water before since you can have a lower water temp would 5 to 10 degrees make a difference?

Blaze

Blaze

By screens I assume you mean bags - and they can be purchased online at several sties such as aqualabtechnologies.com and even e-bay. Many head shops carry them as well.

If you are trying to do fresh frozen, you want to trim you leaves off as soon as you harvest the plant. Freeze overnight - you might be able to do less time but I always do overnight to make sure.

I would be leery about using salt water as the salt may remain in the finished product.

Blaze

Blaze

That is a really killer looking blob of bubble too Pollen Chucker.

konakings

konakings

Hey Blaze thanks for the kick ass tutorial. You really know your shit! Ive used it with great success. Quick question. How many times do you process your material. Just once? Twice? Three times? Thanks

Top Bottom