How To Maximize Sq. Footage

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I wanted to open this thread up to individuals, like myself, that over-think build-outs. Grower's (like myself) that want to incorporate the most lights possible without inhibiting their ability to maneuver in the room. Casters, in my opinion, are the greatest thing sense sliced bread, but as the rooms get larger, the tables get longer and the weight increases, making the infrastructure needed to move tables on casters much greater.

With my current build I'm planning on incorporating commercial greenhouse rolling benches:

They're not cheap, but as you can see a 40' bench can be moved with your index finger.

What is the minimum amount of space some of you have left in the room to maneuver?

What are some of you grower's doing to maximize space?

I'm still considering running an 'I' beam trolley system and sliding around above my plants, this way the entire room can be trellis/canopy. haha

So far, the grower's that did this 20 light grow in the BC ( https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/20-light-25-plant-screen-of-green.46308/ ) have made the best use of space that I have seen.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

I know I am just a small time grower for a hand full of Vets
but I have Big plans in my head and the 3x3 IMHO are the way to control the crop EZ to move and work with.
The two Large grow houses in CO I was privvy to see,
used Double trellis and 3x3 caster tables with Coco chow mix auto watering In 3 rows It left walk space
did not choke the grow or the Air movement looks Stand up.
All in all IT was Mesmerizing... Someday.
Sending good vibes to your endever
FlyJ

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I'm doing a build out of a 12x16 room so I'm all ears. Planning on filling it with 3x3 beds.

outwest
Hey OW,

I just finished a space that I made 3x6 beds in, they're on casters and under PL lights, very light and easy to move. Obviously each PL covers a substantially larger footprint then a 3x6 so I angled my trellis outwards (from each bed) so when the tables are positioned correctly the trellis meets, but the beds have 3' between them. This allows me to work under the trellis, move my beds and work on top of the trellis all while still maintaining the appropriate canopy size for Double Ended lighting. I'll post up pictures when I start filling the trellis in this round.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I know I am just a small time grower for a hand full of Vets
but I have Big plans in my head and the 3x3 IMHO are the way to control the crop EZ to move and work with.
The two Large grow houses in CO I was privvy to see,
used Double trellis and 3x3 caster tables with Coco chow mix auto watering In 3 rows It left walk space
did not choke the grow or the Air movement looks Stand up.
All in all IT was Mesmerizing... Someday.
Sending good vibes to your endever
FlyJ
Thanks for the input brother.

I agree, when working with beds you can achieve the gallons of medium you'd like per light, in a smaller area. For example; my beds are 30"x72"x7.5" (my trellis, per bed, is 5.5'x6'), this full ends up giving me 42 gallons of medium per light. With the addition of organic additives to my regimen I see gallons of medium per light being a useful measuring tool, because a larger root mass is required to utilize those organics.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

It was amazing walking through... the rooms I had to dress out in a white suit and cover my Hair.
the beds were COVERED with roots and what was cool is the watering system was running when I got there
. . . . . . The grower said that it was on a monitor that kept the system set a certain Dampness and the run-Off was recycled to feed the Veg plants once the ph and the EC were adjusted, That to was auto matic with a feeder added to keep the nutes Balanced I guess
it was very impressive set up.
Sounds like you have a great set up, GLeef- Man
Maybe one day when I have a bigger space and more Veterans to help . . . . .
Keep doin what ya do
FlyJ

Top Bottom