How To On How To Get 100% Success Rate In Ez-cloner!!!!

• Thread starter A-Roe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

A-Roe

Okay im going to make this simple for all you guys out there who are having problems getting roots in ez cloners.
1. Clean your cloner throughly if not using a brand new one, make sure to take all the spray heads off and make sure you can blow or either see clearly through them. And use hot hot water only no chemicals needed no matter what anyone else says.
2. Once you have it in the place its going to be used fill with 4 gal of cold water (32 site).
3. Add 4 tablespoons of Clonex solution ( if you want 100% use this, tried others).
4. Place at least two air stones being pumped by a nice pump, I use the 951 gph.
5. Take clones, if you like to take clones before you clean dip them in Clonex gel and put them in a cup of water under the light helps transfer into the cloner, no droopy plants.
6. Dip clones in Clonex gel as you ate placing them into the cloner, if you havent dipped them already.
7. Probably should be number 6 plug in the cord to both air pump and cloner.
8. Sit back and wait, but make sure to keep an eye on them, sometimes the pump and sprayer tip over, sometimes water leaks from the sides if you dont push them in and causes the water to disappear onto the floor, so basically just make sure you have water in it.
9. A lot of strains will start to root at different times I have one that was just in that started to root in 5 days ( white bumps all up and down the stem),but it ended up taking 14 days for everyone to come out. 4 different strains and some off of the same plant took different times because of size the bigger the better to an extent, not those real thick stemmed clones though they take forever like the real little ones.
Hope this helps you guys out. Clonex gel and solution is like 60 together and worth every penny IME.

A

A-Roe

Oh shit forgot about lighting 8 bulb T-5 maybe 1.5 feet above the canopy does the trick, got some under the 1000 Hort Blue let you guys and gals know how that comes out.

H

happy b

I was thinking about getting an ez clone for peace of mind but I saw some dudes having trouble with them . I take it u like your ez cloner?

dogznova

dogznova

Make your own simple bubble cloner.. You'll be glad u did..

Not that the ez cloner don't work. It's just kind of pricy compared to a DIY bubble cloner. Bubble cloners can be made out of just about anything that hold water and has a snap on lid.

Buy a few 2" inserts and cut holes in the lid, add a pump, bubble stone or two and Bamm roots in two to three weeks.. Sure, U can still use clonex.

Root on farmers

H

happy b

Not that the ez cloner don't work. It's just kind of pricy compared to a DIY bubble cloner. Bubble cloners can be made out of just about anything that hold water and has a snap on lid.

Buy a few 2" inserts and cut holes in the lid, add a pump, bubble stone or two and Bamm roots in two to three weeks.. Sure, U can still use clonex.

Root on farmers
Already done but I'm looking for a faster turn over on rooting cuts . I just potted some cuts from my diy BC 2 days ago . Here's a wee pic of the roots . will the ez clone better u think?
20141223 204616
20141223 204545

A

A-Roe

I was thinking about getting an ez clone for peace of mind but I saw some dudes having trouble with them . I take it u like your ez cloner?
Yes sir, I think i need to upgrade to the 64. One of the better investments ive made

A

A-Roe

Root on farmers
I had like two small buckets with holes cut out for neoprene insert and a nice pump with the stones splashing water everywhere but this just seems more efficient.

Azhden

Azhden

A few months ago I found some 6 foot "pool noodles" (the floating pool toy) on sale for under $1 each to use as 'neoprene inserts'... I just got lazy and a few days later ended up not building/buying an EZ Cloner. I bought a bottle Dip N Grow for $10 and 100 rockwool cubes instead :) Still want to try the EZ Cloner some day, just ran out of time/$ shorty after buying to pool noodle and initially getting 'inspired to clone' :cool:

Figure I would toss the 'pool noodle' idea out to everyone else (seen it used before in the OverGrow days, I by no means "thought of this idea" :D)

H

happy b

I didn't even use neoprene inserts I used milk carton lids with a hole in and a bit of rubber tube,u know the kind u use to hook the air stone to the pump,to keep the stem safely in place without getting damaged but it's all a bit of a pain in the arsenal to set it right . All the stems have to just brush the surface and its tough to keep 30 cuts or so all at the exact same level . I just want to be able to cut a stem dip it clonex and put it in and have roots a week later . my Bub cloner needs attention wen in use.

dogznova

dogznova

I find that needing to have the 'clone' stems right at the top of the water level when using a bubble cloner works but is not necessary.

I get the same success rate even if the stems are 3 inches deep in the bubbling water.

For me, the DIY bubble cloner has been the lowest maintenance cloner I've used.

I've used the ez, power and daisy cloner machines in the past.

H

happy b

I find that needing to have the 'clone' stems right at the top of the water level when using a bubble cloner works but is not necessary.

I get the same success rate even if the stems are 3 inches deep in the bubbling water.

For me, the DIY bubble cloner has been the lowest maintenance cloner I've used.

I've used the ez, power and daisy cloner machines in the past.
So u would suggest sticking with the bubl cloner over the ez?my bubble cloner gets results right enough.

dogznova

dogznova

Happy. If I knew how good my DIY bubble cloner worked. I would of never purchased any of the other cloner machines.

Remember, this has just been my cloner experience. Lots of folks have good success with ez,power,daisy cloners.

But for simplicity, I can't find anything easier than a DIY tupperware container with some neoprene inserts and a couple of bubble stones.

As lollipopman just pointed out.. It's very important to thoroughly clean the manifold,pump and the sprayers with the ez,power,daisy type of cloner machines.

Bubble cloners just need the container,inserts and stones cleaned each run.

H

happy b

I change the water and clean the tote every2/3 days just to make sure all the black shit in the water is the kinda,sandy stuff off the air Stones . its coz theyr new.I think if I got some neoprene inserts it would make it easier for me to keep the stems were i want them.always found that stems that are actually submerged in the water take a good bit longer to root.

dogznova

dogznova

I def tried (at the beginning) to keep the stems right at the water level the first few times I did a bubble cloner. Took 14 days to root while keeping the stems at the top of the water level.

Then I started to cut longer clones that allowed the stems to submerge into the water a good 3 inches. This method also takes me 14 days to see roots.

I really didn't see a difference between the two methods.

H

happy b

The cuts at the front in the top pic without roots(they do have a few)had dropped to far into the water but it's a different strain that obviously doesn't roqt as good as the others . The water & tote look horrible in the pic but it is clean . I'm thinking about getting some new stones that don't give off as much gravelly shit.

A

A-Roe

Happy. If I knew how good my DIY bubble cloner worked. I would of never purchased any of the other cloner machines.

Remember, this has just been my cloner experience. Lots of folks have good success with ez,power,daisy cloners.

But for simplicity, I can't find anything easier than a DIY tupperware container with some neoprene inserts and a couple of bubble stones.

As lollipopman just pointed out.. It's very important to thoroughly clean the manifold,pump and the sprayers with the ez,power,daisy type of cloner machines.

Bubble cloners just need the container,inserts and stones cleaned each run.
That was the first way I started. Get the tupperware cover it with aluminum foil so that light doesnt penetrate, cut out the top for the inserts, same thing with the black bucket with the lid. I just love the way I can do five times the amount with the ez cloner.

Top Bottom