How to properly Harvest ? from chop to market

• Thread starter Dynamite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
hang the whole plant. put a small fan under it for a few days. whole plants take a little bit to dry even in low RH. Or big branches with most of the leaves on still.

I dry trim and I am pretty sure we deal in the same quantities. Mine gets de boned and put in turkey bags when dry on the line after a couple weeks, and then in to a big trash bag. I am still trimmin flowers from a run 6 weeks ago, and the flowers look/smell perfect. 2/week is easy to do by yourself and keeps a steady stream of donations going to pay the bills. By the time I am done trimming the next round is coming down.

B

Bayareaballer

I just chop the whole plant and hang it. Always in a dark room, temps in the low 60's, rh is 40 or less. A couple of oscillating fans and in 7 days or less it feels bone dry. Then I have the trimmers, cut all the nugs down off the stalks into those Rubbermaid 54 gal bins. I run only OG so this is very easy. The buds, although seemingly bone dry will rehydrate once all together in the bin. As the trimmers trim, they will fluff the bins once a day to start the curing a bit. Always top shelf. I do this for my outdoor as well and it pays off. We trimming, machines, etc all are lower quality.

Dynamite

Dynamite

hang the whole plant. put a small fan under it for a few days. whole plants take a little bit to dry even in low RH. Or big branches with most of the leaves on still.

I dry trim and I am pretty sure we deal in the same quantities. Mine gets de boned and put in turkey bags when dry on the line after a couple weeks, and then in to a big trash bag. I am still trimmin flowers from a run 6 weeks ago, and the flowers look/smell perfect. 2/week is easy to do by yourself and keeps a steady stream of donations going to pay the bills. By the time I am done trimming the next round is coming down.
I just chop the whole plant and hang it. Always in a dark room, temps in the low 60's, rh is 40 or less. A couple of oscillating fans and in 7 days or less it feels bone dry. Then I have the trimmers, cut all the nugs down off the stalks into those Rubbermaid 54 gal bins. I run only OG so this is very easy. The buds, although seemingly bone dry will rehydrate once all together in the bin. As the trimmers trim, they will fluff the bins once a day to start the curing a bit. Always top shelf. I do this for my outdoor as well and it pays off. We trimming, machines, etc all are lower quality.

thanks Fella's , I'm back re-reading this thread , as I have a harvest coming up in 10days or so.. bubba coming down @60 , the white @63 , cheese @ 65 ,OGkush ,Chemdog and chem x's @70 .. last time because my trim took too long a few strains I took too far , thinking I was doing the plant some good, but the only strain I have that gets better after day 70 is the chem#4 & black durban .. gonna end up doing a wet/dry harvest about 50/50 ..

TH3WIZ4RD

TH3WIZ4RD

I wet trim and then dry in paper bags. I cut up 1" wide strips brown paper bag and put a handful in between layers of bud. This keeps the buds from sticking together and avoids letting buds compress and get a flat spot.

Last edited:
Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

I really don't like the bag thing at all. I cut the plants down to 2' stalks or close to it as possible, wet trim an hang for 3-5 days. Cut off buds an go straight into mason jars, love mason jars need to buy stock in that company because I'm buying a lot over the last few years, LOL.

Burp daily till perfect moisture is obtain an off to market the little jars go. Pints hold 1 ounce, quarts 2 an half gallons a Q, just perfect for showing off ones might fine herb. I do about a Q every week or so (out of every room), so small time here an love the burping process, my trays I spread them out on always have so much shit that has fallen off, kind of like shaken them but not intentionally but the by product is great smoke "For ME!".

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Now this week I did do some where I left all the leaves except the big fan leaves, mainly left suger leaves on them an hung them up, some have dried up enough to start trimming dry, really a bitch but doing small jars at a time so it aint to bad, we shall see which I like more. Yet trimming multiple plants at a time can be taunting if you are running short on time.

deacon1503

deacon1503

Lots of good info here.

Mines a simple two stage process. I defoliate the marority of anything with a petiole. Then chopped into 2' sections and hung in 70 deg and 50%+ until the buds feel like a stale msrshmellow...firm but squishy just a bit on the outside.

Trim off all bracts and buck down into cvaults for curing. Done and done.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

Lots of good info here.

Mines a simple two stage process. I defoliate the marority of anything with a petiole. Then chopped into 2' sections and hung in 70 deg and 50%+ until the buds feel like a stale msrshmellow...firm but squishy just a bit on the outside.

Trim off all bracts and buck down into cvaults for curing. Done and done.

I like simple, IMHO the only way to go, "Be a simple Man" as the song goes.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I like simple, IMHO the only way to go, "Be a simple Man" as the song goes.

This process comes after trying every combo of wet and dry trimming. If u have the time and the space, a multi stage dry trim is the ticket. Keep all ur smell and taste not to mention all the trichs. As soon as u snip a bud and see the mist in the air your losing terps.

Dry trim only for top shelf.

Oldmanstoner

Oldmanstoner

This process comes after trying every combo of wet and dry trimming. If u have the time and the space, a multi stage dry trim is the ticket. Keep all ur smell and taste not to mention all the trichs. As soon as u snip a bud and see the mist in the air your losing terps.

I'm giving it a try, I do believe my shit is top shelf at least it is around these woods.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
ive trimmed dry and wet. dry always seems to be more of a pain in the ass and more loss of resin. when trimming 20 plus elbows at a time I like to trim it wet and let it hang till branch snaps.

grayarea

grayarea

People are easier to manage around wet bud IME. dry buds can lead to sampling and deals at the end of the day which sucks if your tired from working and not in the mood for that type of thing .

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
People are easier to manage around wet bud IME. dry buds can lead to sampling and deals at the end of the day which sucks if your tired from working and not in the mood for that type of thing .
Good point gray.

frebo

frebo

Growing 30 plants outdoors I could never be able to trim wet because of the volume and not enough trimmers. Also it is so sticky the trimmer is fighting a lot more scissor hash where when trimming dry I find it much easier. I use a Trimpro copy to knock off the shade leaves and a little more and hang until seasoned and then hand trim "top shelf" and run the small stuff through a manual "Spinpro". I finished early this year because of some extra family help back in November, but some years I am still trimming thi time of the tear.
A longer hang seems to help the taste IMO and those "lost trichs" are still there in my shake, NOT THAT I NEEDED MORE. Today's bud does not need to be any stronger, so what if you lose a few trichs.

Top Bottom