How To Properly Root And Veg In The Uc

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
snoopytime

snoopytime

Hey there Desert yes rockin like usual! I know you gotta be a busy guy with grows like that going on! Could you answer my cloning powder question real quik if you got a chance tho . . basically i had wet cuts and dipped them in the home depot powder, there was like a fat gagger of clumped powder on each one. It dissolved the stems lol after like 4 days. When you use the powder do you do it with a dry stem and just get a light dusting on there? Thanks mannn!

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

lmfao @ a fat gagger of iba...

I dip them wet but I'm working on a rooting thread it should be up soon.

snoopytime

snoopytime

Ah ok kool man lol yeah, sometimes the most efficient way to describe something is the uhh . . you know . . tellin it the fuck like it is way!~

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Transplanting to the UC

Hey DS, I'm planning on trying a UC system soon and I really like how explosive your growth is with your system of pre-vegging in the aeroflo and transplanting to the UC but I have a couple of questions to ask before I attempt this. In these 2 pics it it looks like your are running sure to grow in the first pic and a 2" rw cube in the second? Am I Right? When you are transplanting to the UC from the aeroflo 3" net cups are you pulling the plants out of the pre-veg media/net cups entirely or are you bedding the entire net cups inside of the Larger UC cups with hydroton? I would appreciate any help with this as your posts are truly inspirational. In fact your threads alone have totally convinced me to the UC systems over my old nft/aero bed system. Plus I like the idea that I still get to play a little bit with aeroponics, some familiar territory for me lol.

Anyways, rock hard bro!

Aero2
Aero1
desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Those were a side by side, sure-to-grow failed. This side by side is whole cup transplants vrs cup removed. =)

Hope that helps.

BTW that system is aero only in name imo.

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

More of a NFT, in any case are you running the pump for the aeroflo 24/7 or on a cyclestat 1 on 5 off?

BCrocker

BCrocker

Awesome thread. Can you tell me the process of getting your small plants in veg / small netpots and rockwool into the bigger netpots without breaking roots to badly etc?

vince vega

vince vega

Hello DS, I just wanted to say... Holy shit, and also thanks!. You are a wealth of information and your results are truly inspirational. I am about to reread some of the "profile" info and then dig into any and everything else you have posted. I'm fairly new to all of this and have read far more about how-to than I have actual experience. I've dabbled in dwc and am blown away by the explosive growth in veg (when "dialed-in").
Given your experience I hope to get your opinion on something that was touched-on earlier in this thread; do you think that there is a significant difference in flower production in rdwc or is the benefit mainly in the quick veg. I've read this opinion a few times and never noticed anyone raising an argument. So...I was not convinced that the UC system was for me. Before reading your tutorial I was leaning toward saving my loot and just vegging longer in coco. Given your results during start-up and veg even if there is no noticeable diff during flower I would go for the UC... and they would owe you commission. :o)
If you took identical plants, one in the uc and one in coco, soil etc. Both "dialed-in" and put them into flower, what is your opinion of the likely difference in yield? Is there a possibility of a difference in quality?
Sorry if I rambled...had some really good coffee and read some very informative stuff! Thanks again DS...+rep if I can figure it out.

vince vega

vince vega

I'm proud to say I figured out how to add to your rep... not bad for a dufus. :o)
Thanks again for sharing the know-how.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

The difference during flower is mind blowing. They average 3 inches of growth per day in veg as you pointed out, but the peak is at around 5 inches during flower. Take a look here, i should have new pics up tonight:

And thank you very much.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Awesome thread. Can you tell me the process of getting your small plants in veg / small netpots and rockwool into the bigger netpots without breaking roots to badly etc?

The process is difficult. We have replanted the whole basket, pulled the clone out of the basket, and cut the basket.

The last 2 seem to work better and be on a case by case determination.

bright1

bright1

whats your outlook on cn17 for newbie uc user ?

Should i stop being worried about deffinencys and switch products ?
Also if using hydrosyme should i still use h202 ? :sign0065:

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

What deficiencies? What products?

Hygrozime is very problematic in the UC. I would stop using it.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Very nice brother. I hope mine is atleast half this good. I am going to have to set some time aside to read this thread in its entirety.

G

growmamamt

ready to do it right!!

I am still fighting pyth on this grow but have ordered everything from this thread to start right from the beginning for my next rip. cut clones yesterday and soaked them in RO. getting ready to throw some straight into the ez-cloner and some in rockwool and I am going to follow your suggestions to the "t" and see what happens. i have complete confidence and can't wait to experience the results!

cheers!

thanks for this thread!

oh ya, thinking i will add a UV light this time.....no problems with that for you, desertsquirrel, with elements dropping out of the solution, i guess.

READY, SET, GO and eff you, pythium!

bright1

bright1

What deficiencies? What products?

Hygrozime is very problematic in the UC. I would stop using it.

Im running batonic cn17 is this stuff shit ? Also i was using hydrozyme because
i had root rot still battling but im wining now , so basicly i need to know my best bet
on what to do for full recovery and early bloom keep cn17 or boot it ! Im currently broke
So keep that in mind thanks for you help brother

Latest posts

Top Bottom