How To Properly Root And Veg In The Uc

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
evu80

evu80

hey desertsquirrel,

i'm in the process of setting up my 16 site 13xl and i'm feeling grateful that I ran into this forum or else I wouldve destroyed my whole crop halfway through the cycle without knowing what hit me. thanks for all the contributions you have made.

I notice you dont mention the use of veg room in your opening thread. So after the pre veg phase where are using an aeroflow you transplant them in the under current bucket right? And from there veg another 10 days and bloom immediately afterwards all in the same room?

Also based on your personal experience, is there a huge difference in results if the plants are vegged a bit longer? I spoke with Christan and he recommends 3 weeks of vegging in the 13 gallon pots.

T

tipper619sd

great thread now i know what i can do with my set of 12 site aeroflo system. What would i need to run lets say 6 pots of this way of growing?

K

Killadelph13

i use a 2x4 tray , 4x4 rockwool cubes, and a 2x4 , 6bulb t5, Veg til they have a good strong root base, transplant. one to two days and they are DRINKIN FAT. KISS BABY:icon_animal26:

vince vega

vince vega

Hey DS, Been away for a few days and just saw your response. Thanks for the knowledge. The difference between 25 days and 52 is mind-bending. I'm so impressed I might have peed just a lil bit. Not sure if you are comfortable talking yeild but I'm def. comfy finding out. :o) Curious about a rough # per 1000w. Thanks again my man, You are getting it done.

Jack Stackman

Jack Stackman

Good info DS, I am putting the knowledge i got from this thread to use right now...

.... As I veg....

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

DS nice job very inspiring I'm in the process of cloning mine
Also I don't have an aeroflo system but I do have ez-cloner can
I use a rubbermaid bucket and put the ez-cloner pump and spray manifold
Inside cut 3" holes on the lid and try it that way your input is highly
Appreciated thanks

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Flowering

Hello Ds can you please tell me about your flowering nutrients
After the 1st week of flower do you res change if you do what the nutrient profile and ph and do you also change every week after that cause I'm trying to achieve the same results as I also have my babies in aeroflo now and have been following your journal step by step with stellar results my congratulation

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

Hello DS Like I stated in my previous post I dont have a aeroflo so I used the ezcloner manifold and 500gph pump in a rubbermaid tote it work like a charm I getting ready for stage 2 of the veg regimen growing shoots. I really want to know what do your nutes profile for flowering is and like I stated before do you change your res every week after the first week thanks once again DS keep up the great work

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

hey desertsquirrel,

i'm in the process of setting up my 16 site 13xl and i'm feeling grateful that I ran into this forum or else I wouldve destroyed my whole crop halfway through the cycle without knowing what hit me. thanks for all the contributions you have made.

I notice you dont mention the use of veg room in your opening thread. So after the pre veg phase where are using an aeroflow you transplant them in the under current bucket right? And from there veg another 10 days and bloom immediately afterwards all in the same room?

Also based on your personal experience, is there a huge difference in results if the plants are vegged a bit longer? I spoke with Christan and he recommends 3 weeks of vegging in the 13 gallon pots.

Yes, all in the same room.

Time is relative, the real issue is size. Not only because of the above space (between the light and UC) but more importantly the root zone. Once the UC is full of roots they will rot, so the goal should be to just start to be full around the time of harvest.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Hey DS, Been away for a few days and just saw your response. Thanks for the knowledge. The difference between 25 days and 52 is mind-bending. I'm so impressed I might have peed just a lil bit. Not sure if you are comfortable talking yeild but I'm def. comfy finding out. :o) Curious about a rough # per 1000w. Thanks again my man, You are getting it done.

Thank you, very much.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

Hello Ds can you please tell me about your flowering nutrients
After the 1st week of flower do you res change if you do what the nutrient profile and ph and do you also change every week after that cause I'm trying to achieve the same results as I also have my babies in aeroflo now and have been following your journal step by step with stellar results my congratulation

And i should have a new thread on the subject soon as well.

BCrocker

BCrocker

Can you give the details on the dripper system? Do you have a pump in the epi for this , or another res?

aSilvrHaze

aSilvrHaze

thats a great question, I've been thinking how to set up a pump for a dripper system for the first lil while in the system and putting it in the epi is pretty much the only idea i've come up with that id actually consider...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I decided to use another uniseal at the bottom of the epicenter and I put the pump outside the epicenter off to a reducer 3/4-1/2in. Up to a spagetti head, used for outside drip systems, off to 1/4 black water line that ran to the top of each bucket.. All sold at Home Depot. The spagetti head allows you to control the flow of the water as well.. I hope this helps..

johnnyrex

johnnyrex

indeed they were hungry. We installed a top off this time and it was really watering down the solution. we changed it out last night this is what we used:

4 ml cal-mag
6 ml H&G
2 ml h2o2
1g epsom
protek to 5.2

EC (just for u biomaster) was 1.8

Hey DS I know your a busy man with all those killer grow and research on nutrient profile I asked a couple of post back about your flowering schedule you provided me with 2 links UC nutrient profile & your 16 xxl grow and I've read every post I didn't find the answer I was looking so hope if you can elaborate On this please.

Are you using the above nutrient profile during 1st week of flower? And are you adding zone and add .27 at what rate also what about the following. Weeks 2 through 8 I know it's alot of question but many of us purchase UC and want to maximize one of the most expensive hydro systems thanks for you help DS and keep up the great contribution you have given to the
Farm

Prole63

Prole63

Wow I followed DS's rooting ,cloning plan with dynabloom with great results.
Slight variation but I think we followed the principle. In an aero-cloner we started with clonex , roots in about 5 -6 days , changed water , RO with Dynabloom correct PH watch for the signs add cal mag, and BAM clones have great roots and more shoots than other clones we have done in the past. Following the cues and adjusting PH and adding cal mag at the right time really worked for us. We want to continue to follow the plan and so
My question is , you use epsom salts, right?
Is this just from the pharmacy or what ?
Thx

Top Bottom