How to root a large cutting?

• Thread starter scrapiron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scrapiron

Went out to check on some Iranian girls that I put out last week before the rain. A coon, or dog had completly dug up 1 of them. I threw her in the back of the ambulance and rushed her home! The main stalk was broke at the top and bottom.
I filled up a cup of water with a drop of superthrive and put it in. I can tell there is life coming back quickly. Trimmed all large branches and fan leaves. I thought of cloning all her branches out... but they are either too short or too droopy, so that wont work.

Any tips on how to root a month old plant? All that is left is about 12 inches with about 5 sets of nodes. Larger branches, Roots, and Top are cut off. There is 2 and 3 inch branches left with decent life.

I have had the worst damn luck so far this year. Deer have eaten everything.

L

Lost

you can always take a rockwool cube with cloning soluting and literally tape it to the branch. After 2 weeks (make sure you water the cube) you will have roots, then saw off the plant below the cube and plant the cube. Good luck!

(make sure you use a dark tape, you want to keep the light out and the moisture in)

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
go to home depot and buy some deer begone, some of them tomato cages these will help prtect the plants. just careful when spraying that begone it will make you puke and fast. so dont paint yourself into a corner spray it on the way out not in.

as for the cut if it seems to hard maybe just trim it donw to 1 or2 normal cuttings and root those. a humidity dome will help with the droopy parts as well so you may be able to cloen them as well

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

Went out to check on some Iranian girls that I put out last week before the rain. A coon, or dog had completly dug up 1 of them. I threw her in the back of the ambulance and rushed her home! The main stalk was broke at the top and bottom.

I filled up a cup of water with a drop of superthrive and put it in. I can tell there is life coming back quickly.
i'd suggest you just use water (de-chlorinated
and ph'ed of course) as 1 drop of Superthrive
in just a cup of water is awfull hot.

Trimmed all large branches and fan leaves. I thought of cloning all her branches out... but they are either too short or too droopy, so that wont work.

Any tips on how to root a month old plant? All that is left is about 12 inches with about 5 sets of nodes. Larger branches, Roots, and Top are cut off. There is 2 and 3 inch branches left with decent life.

you can actually just treat what you have left as if it were just another cut.

are you familiar at all with cloning?
I have had the worst damn luck so far this year. Deer have eaten everything.

hang in there man, you're just climbing the
learning curve.
remember, if you're still trying, you haven't
failed, you're having a learning experience, lol.

S

scrapiron

Thanks for the quick input yall! It was one of those things where I couildnt just walk off and leave that much growth on the ground to die. If I can save it great, if not, I have spent $20.00 in alot worse ways than this! I just went ahead and cut the piece i have in half and treated them as I would a regular cutting like KT said. We will see what happens.
This spring has been great until the last few days. Deer mowed my C-99's down to about half the height they were. I had a weird maggot infestation in the roots of another prized female, and now this!

Top Bottom