How To Use Ec Levels Of Run Off When Feeding In Flower With Coco

• Thread starter Cassy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cassy

Cassy

Today my first feeding @ day 30 I fed 1.3 and my run off was between .6 on a couple plants and .8 on the rest of them. My first time growing in coco and I just want to get an idea if I need to feed more or if I'm good with my nute rate. I'm planning on giving them the same and checking again later with my second feeding.
I also would like to know if anyone has a good simple flush/finish routine and when they start with 9wk strains.
My plants look amazing and so far I feel pretty good about my switch to coco.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Your first feeding at 30 days in coir ? What nutrient's are you using and what type of coir ?

Cassy

Cassy

Sorry, 1st feeding of the day, I have been feeding 2 times a day with 3' and 4' plants...mother earth 70/30 coco perlite...Dyna gro Foliage Pro, with a bit of cal/mag, PK Appitite, Budswel and Protekt.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Ok, I was wondering how the plants survived 30 days without food.
If the plants look healthy than carry on. Just as a note, I don't run much more than 1.2 ec in heavy flower. That's one of the advantages of coir, every feed you're giving them a fresh dose of food.
and I don't flush but taper my nutrients down to a plain watering on the last feed before harvesting.

P

PharmHand

They look healthy? Could be an indication you're under feeding
IMG 1204
I feed light too. I start heavier to fill up those cation banks then back er down

Cassy

Cassy

Thanks people...just trying to figure this coco out
Ok, I was wondering how the plants survived 30 days without food.
If the plants look healthy than carry on. Just as a note, I don't run much more than 1.2 ec in heavy flower. That's one of the advantages of coir, every feed you're giving them a fresh dose of food.
and I don't flush but taper my nutrients down to a plain watering on the last feed before harvesting.

When do you start to taper your nutrients on 9 week strains?

Green Lotus 26 day
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Thanks people...just trying to figure this coco out

When do you start to taper your nutrients on 9 week strains?
I usually let the plants tell me when to reduce nutrient strength. Which for me is when I start to see the pistols changing colors.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Today my first feeding @ day 30 I fed 1.3 and my run off was between .6 on a couple plants and .8 on the rest of them. My first time growing in coco and I just want to get an idea if I need to feed more or if I'm good with my nute rate. I'm planning on giving them the same and checking again later with my second feeding.
I also would like to know if anyone has a good simple flush/finish routine and when they start with 9wk strains.
My plants look amazing and so far I feel pretty good about my switch to coco.
I think coco is actually very forgiving. I water three times daily at 1.3 ec. I used to test runoff but I quit, it's pointless. I don't do any dry cycles or flushes in between feeds. Just enough runoff each feed. I don't flush at the end of a cycle either. Just taper off nutrients when the calyx begin to swell and get chunky.

Cassy

Cassy

thank you...this is the direction that I am leaning to and hopefully no issues till I get more coco experience.

P

PharmHand

I tried my old peat type flush of 2 weeks of 40ppm tap water at the end my first time with coco and the plants paled fast and went crispy before they were ready. Second time I tapered down a bit second to last week then last week plain water and it was better but still some crisping. This time 3rd and 2nd week out I'm tapering 500ppm down to 200ppm then gonna do pure water for just last week. I'll lyk how it goes:D

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I think coco is actually very forgiving. I water three times daily at 1.3 ec. I used to test runoff but I quit, it's pointless. I don't do any dry cycles or flushes in between feeds. Just enough runoff each feed. I don't flush at the end of a cycle either. Just taper off nutrients when the calyx begin to swell and get chunky.
Very cool to hear :)
Are you hand watering three times or do you have a system in place?
Also could you elaborate on the process of tapering down?
How low do you go and for how long?
I'm having the same questions....

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

I tried my old peat type flush of 2 weeks of 40ppm tap water at the end my first time with coco and the plants paled fast and went crispy before they were ready. Second time I tapered down a bit second to last week then last week plain water and it was better but still some crisping. This time 3rd and 2nd week out I'm tapering 500ppm down to 200ppm then gonna do pure water for just last week. I'll lyk how it goes:D

I believe your flushing too much and too long. I've heard of people flushing only three days with coco.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Very cool to hear :)
Are you hand watering three times or do you have a system in place?
Also could you elaborate on the process of tapering down?
How low do you go and for how long?
I'm having the same questions....
I have a fully automated watering system. 1.3 is pretty low to begin with so I just taper it down the last two weeks to half strength and then the last couple of days just a light base bloom application. Maybe .1 ec or so. I don't flush as I think that's pointless but I do taper off nutrients because I think it's wasteful feeding full strength till harvest.

Lbgrower

Lbgrower

Damn I hear people hit them with normal feed until three days before harvest then give clearex and water to the end. Do you think this would work?

P

PharmHand

I believe your flushing too much and too long. I've heard of people flushing only three days with coco.
I think cutting the ec too suddenly was causing osmotic shock or something. Been heavy tapering since week 7, 500ppm down to 150 gradually and no crisping so far but also not enough fade for me. I might push em 10 just to get more pure waters in to get that perfect Midwest toker fade. If you do.... So smooth..... Not everyone can tell the difference especially if you're used to smoking minimally flushed. I could get it with peat/ organic pretty easily but with coco and salts it has eluded me thus far

Top Bottom