How To Use Ec Levels Of Run Off When Feeding In Flower With Coco

• Thread starter Cassy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I'm a old retired fart, so I have plenty of time. So I still hand water.

P

Pimples

I think coco is actually very forgiving. I water three times daily at 1.3 ec. I used to test runoff but I quit, it's pointless. I don't do any dry cycles or flushes in between feeds. Just enough runoff each feed. I don't flush at the end of a cycle either. Just taper off nutrients when the calyx begin to swell and get chunky.
This^^^ About roughly what i do. I start 4 or 5 node minimum seedlings and well rooted cuts at 300 - 400 ppm (hannah 500.scale) - 500 to 600 ppm for vegging out and early flower - and as the buds set and start to plump up I usually raise it to 700 to 800 ppm. I almost never go above 850 - 900 ppm even at peak flower except for that rare hungry strain. 750 ppm seems to he the sweet spot fpr just about all my stable of strains and I dont flush at all towards the end. The last 7 to 10 days I taper down my feeds from say...800 ppm to about 4 - 500 ppm with alot of runoff for coco reuse purposes. At rhis time I use a simple water wand and hose hooked to the pumps as I feel this gets more even coverage. But all throughout the grow its a simple network of drip manifolds that arent actually drippers but quarter inch feed tubing punched into the half inch main tubing line using the little barbed connecters. At the end isnt a dripper but a qurater inch barbed mini valve so i can adjust the feed pour at each site. I use 2 and 3 gallon fabric pots of coco coir and at peak flower Iam usually feeding 2 to 3 times a day for about 15 % run off each time. I use 4. 30 gallon wal mart trashcans for my reservoir tanks with a 1000 gph submersible pump in each one. All of these are hooked to an Autopilot master digital timer.

Last edited:
StandingRock

StandingRock

This^^^ About roughly what i do. I start 4 or 5 node minimum seedlings and well rooted cuts at 300 - 400 ppm (hannah 500.scale) - 500 to 600 ppm for vegging out and early flower - and as the buds set and start to plump up I usually raise it to 700 to 800 ppm. I almost never go above 850 - 900 ppm even at peak flower except for that rare hungry strain. 750 ppm seems to he the sweet spot fpr just about all my stable of strains and I dont flush at all towards the end. The last 7 to 10 days I taper down my feeds from say...800 ppm to about 4 - 500 ppm with alot of runoff for coco reuse purposes. At rhis time I use a simple water wand and hose hooked to the pumps as I feel this gets more even coverage. But all throughout the grow its a simple network of drip manifolds that arent actually drippers but quarter inch feed tubing punched into the half inch main tubing line using the little barbed connecters. At the end isnt a dripper but a qurater inch barbed mini valve so i can adjust the feed pour at each site. I use 2 and 3 gallon fabric pots of coco coir and at peak flower Iam usually feeding 2 to 3 times a day for about 15 % run off each time. I use 4. 30 gallon wal mart trashcans for my reservoir tanks with a 1000 gph submersible pump in each one. All of these are hooked to an Autopilot master digital timer.

I've found you can actually use the same ec on a clone that you were using on the mother plant. I think it roots faster. So my clones get 1.2 ec from day one. Oh and the clones LOVE multiple feedings. It might be all the extra oxygen getting to the roots.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I've found you can actually use the same ec on a clone that you were using on the mother plant. I think it roots faster. So my clones get 1.2 ec from day one. Oh and the clones LOVE multiple feedings. It might be all the extra oxygen getting to the roots.
Same here, I really don't change my ec . Same 400-450 ppm for veg no matter what their size. I just add extra feeds throughout the day as they grow. Same for flower.

Top Bottom