HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Yeah I get ya, when the new growth is a lighter color green than the rest you are on track.
Thanks, that's what I needed to hear, maintain the tops, and any newer growth, and slowly back off the nitrogen a bit, if need be. But it's actually saying I should stay the course at this point, increase the mag sulfate, and drop off the mono potassium phosphate, hmm....

Must maintain the calcium levels... Forgot nitrogen is attached to that one.
I need to ramp the mag sulfate a bit more at this point, then at the end of the week I'll start dropping the phosphates. Need more sulfur!!! lol, Want stinky buds.
Don't know if I'm going to ramp it up that high, sheesh, that's pretty crazy ppm there suggesting. Think I'm going for "clean lean" flowers.

Masterblend
Last edited:
Arkos

Arkos

Glad I could help.

High ec does not mean high quality product rather the opposite, less is more in this case even if they tell you otherwise.

Be careful with adding only Epsom salts like you said you'll lockout calcium eventually by doing that every feeding.

There's more ways to add sulfur than epsom, zinc sulphate, potassium sulphate etc.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Glad I could help.

High ec does not mean high quality product rather the opposite, less is more in this case even if they tell you otherwise.

Be careful with adding only Epsom salts like you said you'll lockout calcium eventually by doing that every feeding.

There's more ways to add sulfur than epsom, zinc sulphate, potassium sulphate etc.
Nailed it.

euphoria526

euphoria526

May grow out if it... its pretty cool but not beneficial.

E8C54302 DEB4 4F62 87EB FD9394AE3313

And here we are this morning, watered till they were dripping a bit with runoff per cup. They seem to like this stuff! Diluted the nutes again, made 1 gallon then diluted it with a second gal ph’d then fertigated. Going to check back tomorrow and or Thursday

euphoria526

euphoria526

And just got home from work and they seem lighter a d slightly bigger. Just thinking if I should water tonight or in the am. Still have water/feed at the same ph ready to give them if need be.
At what point do you guys start watering once every day? About this size or a little bigger?

euphoria526

euphoria526

Light may a touch close also. Or possible it's the wind that I see... edges curling up.. I would stop direct airflow on them.
Could be wind input a fan on them on a light setting. Could be too much, just wanted to get them dancing to build strength

euphoria526

euphoria526

Yeah to much imo
Turned that fan off for now, no dancing for a few days lol. But I will say a few of the plants are growing out mutations. A couple of them are growing “clovered” leaves that are more round than pointy. I’ll feed tomorrow AM and start routinely feeding in the AM when I wake up.

euphoria526

euphoria526

You know what works great is a 4' 6watt usb fan..i have three blowing on my girls.
I have a duel headed fan on them each one is about 2 in. I turned them off for now, might just intermittently turn them on till they get a little bigger. Just want to build up the stems

decept1

decept1

people should look into crop steering, media ec, and ec staking ....there are meters like aroya, and growlink (cropsteering.com) that measure dry backs/ec...dry backs are an important part of optimal growth.

i know there talking about rw, but coco works the same.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

people should look into crop steering, media ec, and ec staking ....there are meters like aroya, and growlink (cropsteering.com) that measure dry backs/ec...dry backs are an important part of optimal growth.
I dont disagree. But more complex than that. Dry backs create water stress and can be beneficial at times. I don't claim to know the optimal times ... but a wet dry cycle is not at all the same and does not cause water stress. Even with wet and dry cycles you would utilize a dry back. This is about addressing the fact you do not need a wet dry cycle in coco... but that's not to say that drybacks at the right times would not be beneficial

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I dont disagree. But more complex than that. Dry backs create water stress and can be beneficial at times. I don't claim to know the optimal times ... but a wet dry cycle is not at all the same and does not cause water stress. Even with wet and dry cycles you would utilize a dry back. This is about addressing the fact you do not need a wet dry cycle in coco... but that's not to say that drybacks at the right times would not be beneficial
I try to all things to dry a little more especially during mid to later stages, trying to stimulate some drought tolerance, but I do it at intervals throughout the grow cycles, just trying to nail it more often toward the end parts, Today, for instance, I skipped flowering nutes today entirely, instead opting for 60ppm of concentrated humics/fluvics instead, then coating with another layer of microbes, to try and accelerate into one last biome repication cycle as it finishes. I'm sure I'm over doing it in some respect, but rather try for maximum cultures. The added carbon should help move that along, and feed the organisms that have depleted some of those chemicals, while using up the last of nutes in the media.

I got a feeling that the fungi levels have major impacts upon drought tolerance at the root level. Here's some of the one's I've been doing in Solo cup sized container.. Week 3 of flower, I'm pretty happy so far as how this is working, and they are bone dry virtually everyday. There's aren't even really getting a tremendous amount of room either, there packed in there tightly everyday, not any rooms on the sides, or they would likely be even fuller.

This is a really fun technique for me, because it makes everything much more manageable, albeit, it's significantly more work everyday, and can't be put off, or they will decline rapidly.

IMG 20210528 1629298871
IMG 20210528 162731665
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I try to all things to dry a little more especially during mid to later stages, trying to stimulate some drought tolerance, but I do it at intervals throughout the grow cycles, just trying to nail it more often toward the end parts, Today, for instance, I skipped flowering nutes today entirely, instead opting for 60ppm of concentrated humics/fluvics instead, then coating with another layer of microbes, to try and accelerate into one last biome repication cycle as it finishes. I'm sure I'm over doing it in some respect, but rather try for maximum cultures. The added carbon should help move that along, and feed the organisms that have depleted some of those chemicals, while using up the last of nutes in the media.

I got a feeling that the fungi levels have major impacts upon drought tolerance at the root level. Here's some of the one's I've been doing in Solo cup sized container.. Week 3 of flower, I'm pretty happy so far as how this is working, and they are bone dry virtually everyday.

i know there talking about rw, but coco works the same.
It's definitely some I would love to learn about... I have heard from many accomplished growers who swear by it. I have 0 doubt that it has a positive impact when used properly... if either of you have some links or can provide me a good place to start I would appreciate it. Hell even post in here if you like as it's fits the discussion. I'm always open to learn and far from knowing it all.

🤘

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
It's definitely some I would love to learn about... I have heard from many accomplished growers who swear by it. I have 0 doubt that it has a positive impact when used properly... if either of you have some links or can provide me a good place to start I would appreciate it. Hell even post in here if you like as it's fits the discussion. I'm always open to learn and far from knowing it all.

🤘
I didn't watch it, looked kinda long, don't understand what dryback, or any of the terms you guys were throwing around, but I got a feeling it has something to do with conserving hydration in some respects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom