• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tixg04

++ with a little more info
RH Is 30% i know it’s low.. trying to bring it up. Average temperature sitting around 76f

jguit

jguit

Supporter
At this point you'll only want to water it once a day (if not every other day) until the roots develop. There's no need to feed seedlings 8x a day. You'll gradually up the fertigation frequency as the plants get bigger.

chemistry

chemistry

Hey Aqua -
I've read through 30+ pages on this thread,
much appreciated on the high grade information
I'm new to growing my own and currently have a 4x4x6 vivosun tent running a Gavita 1930e
I have my plants in 1gal short fat smart pots (looking for some tall skinny for next run) and am running 70/30 coco/perlite mix
my plants started to peak above the coco earlier this week about 3 days in the media which I pre-rinsed and have been feeding 8x daily to runoff of 10% (200ml each feeding)
Just trying to get an idea if this water schedule is proper for them at this age or if I should be adjusting down until they're larger

Start your self a grow diary, put some pics of your grow, and then the Farm can see where you are, and you'll receive the right kind of help for your style of growing. 👍

kumar

kumar

I was told to water as frequent as I can, so I do the following.
My watering schedule in 3 gal pots coco (Lights on from 00:00-12:00). I'm using 4L/h drip emitters:

02:00 240 sec
03:00 20 sec
03:30 20 sec
04:00 20 sec
04:30 20 sec
05:00 20 sec
05:30 20 sec
06:00 20 sec
06:30 20 sec
07:00 20 sec
07:30 20 sec
08:00 20 sec
08:30 20 sec
09:00 20 sec

justice8965

justice8965

You don't need to water that often when the root mass is small, the coco shouldn't be getting very dry without the plants drinking much. From seed I do once every other day for a week, then once a day for a week. Once the plant is established I do 3x a day in 1gal pots and ramp up from there.

kumar

kumar

You don't need to water that often when the root mass is small, the coco shouldn't be getting very dry without the plants drinking much. From seed I do once every other day for a week, then once a day for a week. Once the plant is established I do 3x a day in 1gal pots and ramp up from there.
yes, I meant for adult plants

mango420

mango420

Hey Aqua -
I've read through 30+ pages on this thread,
much appreciated on the high grade information
I'm new to growing my own and currently have a 4x4x6 vivosun tent running a Gavita 1930e
I have my plants in 1gal short fat smart pots (looking for some tall skinny for next run) and am running 70/30 coco/perlite mix
my plants started to peak above the coco earlier this week about 3 days in the media which I pre-rinsed and have been feeding 8x daily to runoff of 10% (200ml each feeding)
Just trying to get an idea if this water schedule is proper for them at this age or if I should be adjusting down until they're larger
Definitely feeding way too much, should be giving one of those feeds that every few days or when you start to see the coco drying out. They need some dry back to establish roots especially when really young.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I produce plants that give me a 1/4 lb each in 2 gallon buckets with just single daily feeds. 3 week veg from cuttings.

justice8965

justice8965

Quick update on my current run and also to show the power of high frequency fertigation. 12 plants in 1gal fabric pots (next run will be 16), straight canna coco, feed about 1.8ec @ 5.8ph

3/9, first day of 3x watering a day

Screenshot 20220323 061941 Gallery

13 days later, right before the lights were flipped

Screenshot 20220323 062003 Gallery

Roadblock

Roadblock

I have a problem getting my head around few things in all this.

The saturation point and the drainage point = the moisture volume left in the medium after a cycle.

IF one guy can get great results with a Perlite mix and the next guy the same with pure Coco, that kinda says to me that the saturation point has got to a fairly wide variable, and the plant doesn't need it to be precise, but it needs frequency to keep it stable and oxygenated.

Im thinking if the plant is adapted with a good root system to cocos full saturation limit, then you can feed near on continuously, so Im thinking the percent of runoff doesn't really matter, and it is better to have more frequent and longer exchanges of air-nutrients than shorter ones, and drippers on a short cycle is going to channel through the container instead of spreading moisture through the medium.

Had a friend who had to go away for 5wks the day after he flicked his grow to 12/12 , set them up on 500gal recycling tank of nuts and when he came back to his surprise they were beauties, he was in 20-liter pure coco 4 drippers in each and the timer had failed with the feed pump on 24/7 didn't hurt a thing.

Observationist

Observationist

The saturation point and the drainage point = the moisture volume left in the medium after a cycle.

IF one guy can get great results with a Perlite mix and the next guy the same with pure Coco, that kinda says to me that the saturation point has got to a fairly wide variable, and the plant doesn't need it to be precise, but it needs frequency to keep it stable and oxygenated.

Im thinking if the plant is adapted with a good root system to cocos full saturation limit, then you can feed near on continuously, so Im thinking the percent of runoff doesn't really matter, and it is better to have more frequent and longer exchanges of air-nutrients than shorter ones, and drippers on a short cycle is going to channel through the container instead of spreading moisture through the medium.

Had a friend who had to go away for 5wks the day after he flicked his grow to 12/12 , set them up on 500gal recycling tank of nuts and when he came back to his surprise they were beauties, he was in 20-liter pure coco 4 drippers in each and the timer had failed with the feed pump on 24/7 didn't hurt a thing.
Started around the same time, and not the first time noticing this with just perlite.

the pure perlite seems to grow faster, needs frequent watering/feeding obviously, but yeah, maybe something to do with higher oxygenation in the root zone as well.

plus easier to grow through than A mass of coir fiber perhaps

justice8965

justice8965

Yes, you really cannot over water coco. I'm currently watering 19 times a day since I'm in vegetative steering. 12 waterings to start the morning, every 15 mins, then every hour till lights off. 5% dry backs

Perlite (by itself or in coco) will require more watering, since it will dry back faster

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Because every grow rooms environment is different. The most limiting factor we see these days is o2 in the root zone. But just because you have more doesn’t mean you will see better results if the rest of the environmental factors are not as ideal.

if all are the same then coco perlite will show faster growth. But that alone changes the needs of the plant. They will habdle more light, higher uptake and transpiration rates.

when you change one factor it changes many more. This is an ideal thing bot a hard rule or if you dont it will fail.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its an indisputable fact that o2 concentration and gas exchange in the media directly correlated with plant health and growth rates.

this thread is to help maximize exactly this and why is you are seeing issues doing this then it’s absolutely due to another environmental issue.

THERE ARE NO RULES IN GROWING CANNABIS and the ideal environment depends your specific grow since to see the most benefit from this method you need to have the others inline or you may see little to no benefit ir even an issue.

eg you run cooler tenps cause you dont have control over it… well you limiting factor is no linger o2 but you ability to control temps.

So tldr: if this method does not work for you then you need to spend more time on getting all your parameters in line to be ideal before trying to water in a means that is for an environment that falls into the ideal way to water for an ideal environment with high light…. THATS THE BOTTOM LINE. I get we all think our environment is ideal and im not trying to shit on ppl but thats the cold hard truth

justice8965

justice8965

Its an indisputable fact that o2 concentration and gas exchange in the media directly correlated with plant health and growth rates.

this thread is to help maximize exactly this and why is you are seeing issues doing this then it’s absolutely due to another environmental issue.

THERE ARE NO RULES IN GROWING CANNABIS and the ideal environment depends your specific grow since to see the most benefit from this method you need to have the others inline or you may see little to no benefit ir even an issue.

eg you run cooler tenps cause you dont have control over it… well you limiting factor is no linger o2 but you ability to control temps.

So tldr: if this method does not work for you then you need to spend more time on getting all your parameters in line to be ideal before trying to water in a means that is for an environment that falls into the ideal way to water for an ideal environment with high light…. THATS THE BOTTOM LINE. I get we all think our environment is ideal and im not trying to shit on ppl but thats the cold hard truth

Excellent point. I grow in a cool basement and control temps and humidity with a combo of heater/dehumi/humi. VPD is on point for every stage of growth. I have plenty of air exchange and air movement. Tons of light. And this is what allows me to feed at 2.8ec and the plants to eat it up. Everything needs to be dialed in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom