HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
DanC520

DanC520

My approach to feeding in coco has been informed by this thread and coco for cannabis. This image captures it in my opinion.

C4202FCD 4E19 4AF8 A217 F48294E7FC92

Observationist

Observationist

Yes, you really cannot over water coco. I'm currently watering 19 times a day since I'm in vegetative steering. 12 waterings to start the morning, every 15 mins, then every hour till lights off. 5% dry backs

Perlite (by itself or in coco) will require more watering, since it will dry back faster
Nice man, looking really good.

I did my first grow in 2019, soil, now in coco, used aquas coco threads and now doing a coco-aero-hydro hybrid with cheap totes and a atomizer mist sprayer.

I would have it better set up but not been a priority with the newborn, plan to get timers nozzles and pumps eventually when I can.

I have to water the flowers every few hours on some.

the perlites dry out super fast.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

Because every grow rooms environment is different. The most limiting factor we see these days is o2 in the root zone. But just because you have more doesn’t mean you will see better results if the rest of the environmental factors are not as ideal.

if all are the same then coco perlite will show faster growth. But that alone changes the needs of the plant. They will habdle more light, higher uptake and transpiration rates.

when you change one factor it changes many more. This is an ideal thing bot a hard rule or if you dont it will fail.
To clarify, o2 as in co2?

Anthem

Anthem

Started around the same time, and not the first time noticing this with just perlite.

the pure perlite seems to grow faster, needs frequent watering/feeding obviously, but yeah, maybe something to do with higher oxygenation in the root zone as well.

plus easier to grow through than A mass of coir fiber perhaps
Full perlite will fail if you do not have a way to check water content on about an hourly bases. Dryback is extremely high

Observationist

Observationist

There you go again being a knucklehead that learns nothing but just posts.
Yes plants give off oxygen thru photosynthesis and give off CO2 when lights go out. You learn nothing but take up space
@Anthem o2 is 2 oxygen atoms, and o2 could be lost in context if someones thinking (Co2)

right, cause ive NOT been having success or anything, with photos to back it up.

no shit, really where'd you learn that? 3rd grade? fucking genius.

You harass me on half of my post, fuck off.

why even reply to me?

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

No oxygen. Roots take in oxygen and release co2. Leaves do the opposite.

Now on top of that microbe resperperation also contribute to oxygen consumption and co2 contribution.

and this is why aerating of media is so important
ok thats what i was thinking, cause roots dont take Co2, AFAIK haha.

I know it as O, cause on the periodic table its just O, i gotcha tho

thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

one day u2 are going to be best friends on here ❤️ You just dont know it yet 👌
Haha

like I go back to to edit my post to not be as harsh or rude and trying to be level headed but damn he be coming at me too much now lol

y’all have a good day

I’m at the tail end of 4 12hr shifts in a row
And newborn not letting us asleep

shits exhausting

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Haha

like I go back to to edit my post to not be as harsh or rude and trying to be level headed but damn he be coming at me too much now lol

y’all have a good day

shits exhausting
Hes very knowledgeable. To try to put it in perspective when you put a lot of effort and energy into helping others it can get taxing, frustrating and wear on your patience. It’s difficult when you see endless mountains of misinformation, people bot understanding what your trying to explain to them (be it hiw your explaining it or someone ability to grasp or interpret it)

It leaves little to work with and then one event kinda brings it to the surface. But mark my words your personalities are the love hate friendship type whether you two choose to acknowledge or accept it ir not lmao… it has been written. 🤝 in a simple matter of time here

Observationist

Observationist

Hes very knowledgeable. To try to put it in perspective when you put a lot of effort and energy into helping others it can get taxing, frustrating and wear on your patience. It’s difficult when you see endless mountains of misinformation, people bot understanding what your trying to explain to them (be it hiw your explaining it or someone ability to grasp or interpret it)

It leaves little to work with and then one event kinda brings it to the surface. But mark my words your personalities are the love hate friendship type whether you two choose to acknowledge or accept it ir not lmao… it has been written. 🤝 in a simple matter of time here
understandable, thank you sir.

Anthem

Anthem

@Anthem o2 is 2 oxygen atoms, and o2 could be lost in context if someones thinking (Co2)

right, cause ive NOT been having success or anything, with photos to back it up.

no shit, really where'd you learn that? 3rd grade? fucking genius.

You harass me on half of my post, fuck off.

why even reply to me?
Because you are wasting peoples time and you do not take the time to even learn from the replies people post for you. If you at least would take the time to understand what is being said rather than just post something back it would show you are at least trying to comprehend what is being said. If someone gets lost not knowing the difference between CO2 and O2 the conversation is over their head already.
I will continue to reply to stupid posts that do not take into account the additional information provided by the responses. Meaning if you want to throw up some stupid response because you are half baked I will keep on responding.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Best friends unfolding before your eyes ppl. I am not making light of this either, you two have things you will learn from each other… that ying yang thing. Yup your going to make great buddies one day 😁 and i get to watch it happen.

if you doubt me can you honestly say any of you have met someone in your lifetime that you have not learned from?…. Yup you two have a lot of that going on. May as well go for a beer now…. Just sayin

Aqua 😎

HighRootz

HighRootz

Haha

y’all have a good day

shits exhausting
I know the pain all too well. I work graveyards and got 3 boys all under the age of 5, there's no such thing as sleep once you're a parent🤣

@Aqua Man I was listening to a podcast and a soil scientist was talking about watering plants with carbonated spring water, says the the roots will take up Co2 thru the roots and it's one of the best things to water your plants with. Any truth to that?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I know the pain all too well. I work graveyards and got 3 boys all under the age of 5, there's no such thing as sleep once you're a parent🤣

@Aqua Man I was listening to a podcast and a soil scientist was talking about watering plants with carbonated spring water, says the the roots will take up Co2 thru the roots and it's one of the best things to water your plants with. Any truth to that?
He is wrong and infact the ph of carbonated water is very low. I think mid 4’s if i try to trust my memory (so dont take as fact) plant respiration in the root zone has nothing to do with intake of co2. Co2 dissolved in water create carbonic acid. 2 fold why you do not want to do that. Now that said as a foliar it can have a very short lived benefit to it. This tech has been in oractice for a few yrs. Especially in micro-greens. They saturate the water with co2 and use it as a carrier to bring to the foliage instead of using traditional methods . The problem is it needs done extremely frequently and is very ill suited to out needs for that reason. But is it possibly you misinterpreted his info?

ill pop up a more recent study to back up what im saying here. I get the fact that my claims of o2 levels being indisputable should probably come with atleast one reference other than generalizing what i consider known facts that soil growth is slow in comparison to soiless or hydro and all pale in comparison to aeroponics.

i have struggled as to which system i will be releasing first but im now leaning aeroponics because i feel the market for the home grower is severely lacking in a good system and hydro and coco are fairly saturated.

HighRootz

HighRootz

He is wrong and infact the ph of carbonated water is very low. I think mid 4’s if i try to trust my memory (so dont take as fact) plant respiration in the root zone has nothing to do with intake of co2. Co2 dissolved in water create carbonic acid. 2 fold why you do not want to do that. Now that said as a foliar it can have a very short lived benefit to it. This tech has been in oractice for a few yrs. Especially in micro-greens. They saturate the water with co2 and use it as a carrier to bring to the foliage instead of using traditional methods . The problem is it needs done extremely frequently and is very ill suited to out needs for that reason. But is it possibly you misinterpreted his info?

ill pop up a more recent study to back up what im saying here. I get the fact that my claims of o2 levels being indisputable should probably come with atleast one reference other than generalizing what i consider known facts that soil growth is slow in comparison to soiless or hydro and all pale in comparison to aeroponics.

i have struggled as to which system i will be releasing first but im now leaning aeroponics because i feel the market for the home grower is severely lacking in a good system and hydro and coco are fairly saturated.

Thank you very much for clearing that up before I went and poured a bottle of Topo Chico in one of my plants. I'll mix me a drink instead of doing something I may regret. I got a thread about the water quality here in my city and got a good debate going with a buddy, maybe you can clear things up about it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thank you very much for clearing that up before I went and poured a bottle of Topo Chico in one of my plants. I'll mix me a drink instead of doing something I may regret. I got a thread about the water quality here in my city and got a good debate going with a buddy, maybe you can clear things up about it.
I can try my man often tomes when that happens ppl tend to think to literal and while something may not be inherently wrong it’s perceived that any of it is bad which is not the case. Especially when i come to micros like iron, cloride, sodium etc.

Have a link?

justice8965

justice8965

Forgot to mention, I purchased some cheap Ecowitt soil moisture sensors ($20 each!) and a wifi gateway. I can now monitor the drybacks in real time in exportable data. Pretty amazing for crop steering, and serves the same function as a $600 Aroya or Growlink (mostly). Very impressed

Capture

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Forgot to mention, I purchased some cheap Ecowitt soil moisture sensors ($20 each!) and a wifi gateway. I can now monitor the drybacks in real time in exportable data. Pretty amazing for crop steering, and serves the same function as a $600 Aroya or Growlink (mostly). Very impressed

View attachment 1239182
I was pretty resistant to some of the claims on the impact crop steering has made in this industry . I mean that in general terms not just watering but kept an open mind on it. If done properly its as beneficial as nost claim but also like anything you apply it improperly and you can have negative consequences. One of this stuff is really plug and play atleast to the full extent many like to think it is.
To me it’s something to master after environment, and basic watering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom