HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup and to add the higher the salinity of the solution the more it will reduce water uptake. This is because the flow of water will go from low salinity to high salinity in an attempt to equalize… also called salt stress. This is a big part of the nutrient ratio and recommended concentration differences between certain nutrients

M

MasterCookie

Yup and to add the higher the salinity of the solution the more it will reduce water uptake. This is because the flow of water will go from low salinity to high salinity in an attempt to equalize… also called salt stress. This is a big part of the nutrient ratio and recommended concentration differences between certain nutrients
Couldn't agree more. 👏

Observationist

Observationist

Another point to note.. Runoff ppm can be very misleading especially on the higher end of the ppm spectrum, for those that are running high ppm feeds. Which your media saturation drops off concentration of your dissolved nutrients in your increase to the point that it cannot hold all the salts in a dissolved state. So what happens salts starts to crystallize out. And not any type salt... Calcium to be specific. Calcium binds with first Phosphorus and then lockes away Magnesium and Iron in a complex molecules. Wastewater treatment plants actually utilize this to precipitate out Phosphorus for recovery. Calcium also binds with Sulphates as well. But you will think that well for my next watering I can just use distilled water or a dilute nutrient solution with ph down. However ph down is Phosphorus acid and the irony is when Calcium precipitate out of solution with anything other than carbonate.. it literally becomes impossible to redisslove to flush out of your media. Ca3(PO4)2 and CaSO4 forms a protective coating that prevents further reactions and re-solution even in distill water especially when using pH down.

So in conclusion if you see seeing signs of nutrient/chemical burns on your plants and your runoff water is within you incoming ppm range. If you running high ppm solution most likely your have Calcium lock out. Only hydrochloric acid which I know Noone will ever use.. or Acetic Acid (white vinegar) which is the most effective way to flush out Calcium deposits.. Cheers from your friendly Chem engineer.
I use it

This?

Please keep going mr chem eng

Really good information to think about and consider in my grows

Ty

I run sterile so this is what I’m currently using along with 34% h2o2

Last edited:
M

MasterCookie

Proof Is in!! 2 video one was taken 3 days ago and one taken tonight. The only difference is that I water once a day even when drench with rain.. I still water and I ph down my solution to ph 5.8. Explosive growth. Treat coco as coco and you get wonderful results.

3 days ago..

Tonight..

Y

yobbocrack

I got Nanners they started to appear about 2 days ago there only small i started to harvest it today it still looks good from reading it can start from stress i did have salt build in my coco at week 6 and the leaves started to show that i have to start doing Ro flushes next grow to stop build up even the nutrient maker advises it also nanners mean past its harvest time it could be that also.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I got Nanners they started to appear about 2 days ago there only small i started to harvest it today it still looks good from reading it can start from stress i did have salt build in my coco at week 6 and the leaves started to show that i have to start doing Ro flushes next grow to stop build up even the nutrient maker advises it also nanners mean past its harvest time it could be that also.
Some genetics are prone to that

M

MasterCookie

Lol mine showed nanners before female flowers. But I think mines was stress related via heavy defoliation right before switch. Was my first every females. My run before was all males.. ( all my seeds are random surprises from different people) but lucky I took clones from the heavy defoliation even before I knew it's sex.. I got lucky so I got 4 hopefully well behaved girls on their way... fingers crossed the nanners were stress related and not genetics.
IMG 20221023 WA0006

The tall one was also a clone.. my first ever clone I ever made. I'm planning on vegging her till she reaches around 4ft.. she is around 2ft right now after 1 month of veg. She is my pride and joy.
IMG 20221023 WA0010

IMG 20221023 WA0007

Also the other clones after 3 week.
IMG 20221023 WA0009
IMG 20221023 WA0008

M

MasterCookie

@Aqua Man hey can you tell me how much Epson salt you use per gal. I know you mentioned it before.. but this thread got real big.. real fast to search for the amount.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is the Sulphates important to flowering? I can make potassium Sulphates from sulfuric acid and potassium hydroxide.
Yes sulphur is a precursor for terps… potassium sulphate is preferred mid to late flower because potassium is also in high demand while an increase in mag is not

B

benjones

hi @Aqua Man , am i making up my mega crop water correctly ?

at the moment i am using bottled water , i bought a 5 stage water filter and set it up but there was no change to the EC unfortunately . they said it might be due to stage 4 and 5 having coco in the filter , so i will remove them and see how it goes .

i make up 9 liters of water in a tub , add silica to the water in the tub ( 0.2/liter ) , then some calmag ( megacrop , i've just upped the amount to about 0.4 EC ) , then in a 1 liter measuring pot i weigh the part A and part B together , mix in some water and then add it to the tub bit by bit until i get the desired EC 1.6ish , which is usually not far off using all that i have weighed . but should i be adding the A and B separately to the tub or is what i am doing ok ?
i add fulvic add the end and then adjust the PH

also , i just found the feeding calculator on the megacrop website . for veg it says to add nearly exactly the same amount of part A and B ( which you advised me to do last week btw ) .should i follow the calculator from now on or do i switch to what it says on the back of the packet at any point ?

also , is there anything else i may need in the future such as a PK booster ?

thanks very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom