HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MasterCookie

hi @Aqua Man , am i making up my mega crop water correctly ?

at the moment i am using bottled water , i bought a 5 stage water filter and set it up but there was no change to the EC unfortunately . they said it might be due to stage 4 and 5 having coco in the filter , so i will remove them and see how it goes .

i make up 9 liters of water in a tub , add silica to the water in the tub ( 0.2/liter ) , then some calmag ( megacrop , i've just upped the amount to about 0.4 EC ) , then in a 1 liter measuring pot i weigh the part A and part B together , mix in some water and then add it to the tub bit by bit until i get the desired EC 1.6ish , which is usually not far off using all that i have weighed . but should i be adding the A and B separately to the tub or is what i am doing ok ?
i add fulvic add the end and then adjust the PH

also , i just found the feeding calculator on the megacrop website . for veg it says to add nearly exactly the same amount of part A and B ( which you advised me to do last week btw ) .should i follow the calculator from now on or do i switch to what it says on the back of the packet at any point ?

also , is there anything else i may need in the future such as a PK booster ?

thanks very much
Can't help you with the top part.. but you can use potassium phosphate as a PK booster.

M

MasterCookie

thanks @MasterCookie . i will see if i can get that where i am ( thailand ) . i am not even in flower yet , but what is the dosage ?
I don't know... I got a meter that measures K+ ions. So I usually just add till I reach the right amount.. how if you know your nutrients spec.. I think I may be able to give you an amount to use..

But if you wanna wing it.. adding 1g per 1gal of water.. will boost K to about 112ppm and P to 42ppm.

M

MasterCookie

I don't know... I got a meter that measures K+ ions. So I usually just add till I reach the right amount.. how if you know your nutrients spec.. I think I may be able to give you an amount to use..

But if you wanna wing it.. adding 1g per 1gal of water.. will boost K to about 112ppm and P to 42ppm.
I had to add those values will add onto what is already in your nutes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

hi @Aqua Man , am i making up my mega crop water correctly ?

at the moment i am using bottled water , i bought a 5 stage water filter and set it up but there was no change to the EC unfortunately . they said it might be due to stage 4 and 5 having coco in the filter , so i will remove them and see how it goes .

i make up 9 liters of water in a tub , add silica to the water in the tub ( 0.2/liter ) , then some calmag ( megacrop , i've just upped the amount to about 0.4 EC ) , then in a 1 liter measuring pot i weigh the part A and part B together , mix in some water and then add it to the tub bit by bit until i get the desired EC 1.6ish , which is usually not far off using all that i have weighed . but should i be adding the A and B separately to the tub or is what i am doing ok ?
i add fulvic add the end and then adjust the PH

also , i just found the feeding calculator on the megacrop website . for veg it says to add nearly exactly the same amount of part A and B ( which you advised me to do last week btw ) .should i follow the calculator from now on or do i switch to what it says on the back of the packet at any point ?

also , is there anything else i may need in the future such as a PK booster ?

thanks very much
You need to flush the carbon filter before using to rinse all of the dust out.

You can follow equal parts all the way to the end just by adjusting the EC.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Oh and you want to mix mega crop in order. Silicate, then cal mag, then micros then cal nit then epsom and then ph adjust

B

benjones

You need to flush the carbon filter before using to rinse all of the dust out.

You can follow equal parts all the way to the end just by adjusting the EC.
thanks , i shall stick with equal parts .

how would i flush the filter ?
i ran about 60 liters through the system but there was no change . i did empty the cylinders and one did have some black water in it , i reconnected them but it was still the same . the EC going in was the same as on the way out , i have the water going in the correct flow too

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Forgot to mention if using silicate as the form of silica you want to add it then let it mix well and ph adjust down to around 6.5 before adding anything else.

Silicates will raise the pH a lot… and that can cause other nutrients to precipitate out of the solution. So you need to pH down after silicate and at the very end

Y

yobbocrack

the nanners that i can see on my harvested plant there's only has a few small nanners on the top bud sites but below that there is none is that how they progress down the plant i thought they could start all over the plant.

Y

yobbocrack

I do have a watering question about using 100% coco and liquid nutrient do growers flush during veg to eliminate salt build or just do it in bloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom