HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yobbocrack

i got out the scissors today there's about 10 days left for veg, i have done a lot faster grow from seed than this grow but humidity has been low in warm conditions it does slow growth with low humidity i got the humidifier it does compensate a bit.

DSCF4675

EC in 1.2
EC out 1.1

Shamlamb

Shamlamb

Great thread @Aqua Man read it a few times and I think I'm just starting to get to grips with it all lol. One issue I'm having is I can't seem to saturate my Coco to 60% (my sensor only goes to 70%) any ideas? I'm in 1 gal pots. I dumped about 2500ml of feed over them and most they go to is 20%

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Great thread @Aqua Man read it a few times and I think I'm just starting to get to grips with it all lol. One issue I'm having is I can't seem to saturate my Coco to 60% (my sensor only goes to 70%) any ideas? I'm in 1 gal pots. I dumped about 2500ml of feed over them and most they go to is 20%
Not sure what sensor your using…. need a few hrs but to elaborate but if your fetting the runoff of 10-20% (so basically 250ml in you want to see about 25-50ml run out of the bottom) if you get less you need to add a watering

Shamlamb

Shamlamb

Not sure what sensor your using…. need a few hrs but to elaborate but if your fetting the runoff of 10-20% (so basically 250ml in you want to see about 25-50ml run out of the bottom) if you get less you need to add a watering
Im using a IBEBOT SOIL QUALITY sensor. I'm getting about 30% run off currently

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Is calmag neesed when growing in coco or only if you are using ro or have soft tap water.. thought be gopd to aso this question in here as im guessing most people are growing in coco that comment in here.

Madmax

Madmax

Is calmag neesed when growing in coco or only if you are using ro or have soft tap water.. thought be gopd to aso this question in here as im guessing most people are growing in coco that comment in here.
I do use it .but not all the time.more in veg than flower.my water is 10ppm and using canna classic base nutrients as you know.is there any cal mag in your nutrients ..

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I do use it .but not all the time.more in veg than flower.my water is 10ppm and using canna classic base nutrients as you know.is there any cal mag in your nutrients ..
Same here. I use it every now an then havent used it yet four weeks into veg and had few brown spots appear now.

Madmax

Madmax

Hmm🧐 ive never had that yet …I’m at 3weeks and giving them 50-60 ppm on top of 310 of a+b Vega the last 2 days .I had light colouration between the veins so I decided to give them some.just about gone now so I will drop it back to 30ppm every couple of days… Hardly gave them any first couple weeks..

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Hmm🧐 ive never had that yet …I’m at 3weeks and giving them 50-60 ppm on top of 310 of a+b Vega the last 2 days .I had light colouration between the veins so I decided to give them some.just about gone now so I will drop it back to 30ppm every couple of days… Hardly gave them any first couple weeks..
Strain dependant aswell i think. Last grow of oreoz fed no calmag at all was fine all way through

labomba

labomba

How long is it safe to go without a runoff? I feed once a day and sometimes there no runoff and I only notice the next day when feeding again. How harmful is 48h without a runoff every now and then?

T

Thumbz

You’ll have salts build up and cause problems, you should have run off every time you feed/water them

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How long is it safe to go without a runoff? I feed once a day and sometimes there no runoff and I only notice the next day when feeding again. How harmful is 48h without a runoff every now and then?
You can get an idea by the runoff numbers… meaning PH and EC. They should be ideally 0.2 PH of input and ppm should be withing about 20%.… meaning say 1000ppm in should be 800-1200 ppm out. Rough guidelines not a rule

labomba

labomba

You can get an idea by the runoff numbers… meaning PH and EC. They should be ideally 0.2 PH of input and ppm should be withing about 20%.… meaning say 1000ppm in should be 800-1200 ppm out. Rough guidelines not a rule
These kind of numerical lines is what ive been after! Great stuff!

I have two small plants in 3 and 4gal pot and about 20% perlite, ive grown them identically but the one in the bigger pot started showing deficiencies and i can only with ive overwatered it. Is that possible? I got couple 2-3 weeks old autos on a 3 gallon fabric pot, does the runoff rule still apply to early stages on large pots? If not when is it a good time to start watering fully?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

These kind of numerical lines is what ive been after! Great stuff!

I have two small plants in 3 and 4gal pot and about 20% perlite, ive grown them identically but the one in the bigger pot started showing deficiencies and i can only with ive overwatered it. Is that possible? I got couple 2-3 weeks old autos on a 3 gallon fabric pot, does the runoff rule still apply to early stages on large pots? If not when is it a good time to start watering fully?
Yes coco is very hard to over eater but they are prone to it when they are younger, in bigger pots and with lower amounts of perlite like you have. 10% perlite per gal is what i like. But i dont really see a need to go iver a 3 gal unless using organic amendments as your nutrient source

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Let's just say I've been growing in coco for many years over a decade to be precise, I only feed to run-off once a week, experience is your best friend when growing

TomH

TomH

Thank you, I have had that exact same question, just didn’t quite know how to elaborate my concern.

Great info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom