HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla666

Tesla666

Take a step back and take a picture of all the plants together.... they don't even look like the photos are taken at the same time. Honestly looks like you took a pic of the middle of the grow under the most light and then one in the back corner
Hi AquaMan i don't want to bother u showing My results i just love objetive información un the cannabis world.

U missunderstood not 2 grows at the same time. The biggest yield grow is my previous grow using dryng cycles. I 've to say that temps we're quite better than the actual grow (where in using the watering u use) but i know this strain because is a mother plant from me of Critical x Northen Lights wich i know it quite good. And this time saturating the coco to 100% the result is not bad at all, but today 3 days left to harvest i know this time it Will yield less than other times (around 15-20% less yield).
I've shooted a photo right now of the grow with the day of today in My phone

I'm not lying about the times i just was doing the Veg with dry cycles and then i read ur post i read a little bit about this technique in another blogs and forums and i decide to do the bloom watering as u teach in the forum.

In Spain we're i'm from we call the technique u use "The American way for coco".
I use to grow in coco Slabs or small pots like 2L around 25-30 cuttings per square meter. Using dry cicles in small pots is easy, u keep the coco wet to 70% and i with the small pots the coco dries to 30% very fast and u water again another small quantity of water, like 70-100ml... From 2 to 5 times a day.

This method is a high performance method used and tested for many SOG growers in Spain many of that Friends of mine.

As extra info both grows we're done with Powder Feeding Short Flowering and using the same ECs.

Im not saying that ur method doesnt work but doing it as i do you waste less water and u get bigger yields.

I invite u yo test this method as i've tested yours and check the results, if u need help or u need i explain more in detail feel free to ask. Leave some photos from the actual grow using your technique and with the day hahaha i'm not a lier.
IMG 20210201 204743
IMG 20210201 200621

Sorry for My spelling regards.

IMG 20210201 200727
IMG 20210201 200600
IMG 20210128 200840
IMG 20210201 204630
Tesla666

Tesla666

Why would you not use enzymes? They should be used in both.

What pot size and mix were you using?

15-20% is not a small amount. How many plants in each room and what was the weight of each?

Coco should be oxygenated saturated or not.

How many times a day were you watering each? And with how much water?

2-5 dry times a day... can you explain this a bit better?
Coco slab 5 cuttings per slab 25 cuttings per square meter. My technique works better Also in small 2L pots.

More yield with coco saturated Max 70-80% in My experience an many people i know.
U should test i Will help u if u want.

Tesla666

Tesla666

Something a little fishy here. You first post on the site was dec. 12. And you have done a full grow to harvest comparing methods? So started definitely after that and even if you did it immediately there is not enough time to even do a grow.

Your first post on the site. In this you claim to water it like soil and it works better... somethings not adding up here with timeliness and lack of info. Of i tested and was claiming 20% more i would sure as shit be posting numbers to support it.

based on the timeliness, claims and pictures containing different numbers of plants because the zoom is different i dont really have a choice but to say bullshit.
2 months ago finished the grow with more yield on 12 dec i was vegging the cuttings of My actual grow.

3 balls

3 balls

Your stuff looks great. From my perspective it seems that you are saving a negligible amount of money by not feeding just a tiny bit more while risking salts build up.

It seems your theory is that this method is gaining you 15-20% in yield?

This seems odd to me so I just want make sure I'm understanding right.

Tesla666

Tesla666

Your stuff looks great. From my perspective it seems that you are saving a negligible amount of money by not feeding just a tiny bit more while risking salts build up.

It seems your theory is that this method is gaining you 15-20% in yield?

This seems odd to me so I just want make sure I'm understanding right.
15-20% it's a estimated number it depends of your experience as grower... Is not a method for noobs but u invite u to test it but it's a high performance method.
U understand good maibe i should Start a journal for u to teach how yo do it.

Works good in hybrids accurate to SOG and high yields i've seen yields>650g per square meter with a 600w ballast. I don't know if saturating the coco u are able to get a yield like that vegging no more than 10 days.

3 balls

3 balls

15-20% it's a estimated number it depends of your experience as grower... Is not a method for noobs but u invite u to test it but it's a high performance method.

Works good in hybrids accurate to SOG and high yields i've seen yields>650g per square meter with a 600w ballast. I don't know if saturating the coco u are able to get a yield like that vegging no more than 10 days.
Assuming you're not just trolling us all, it's an interesting concept for sure. Of the 7 million opinions of coco growers I've read, 95% would say run off at every feeding is mandatory, 4.99999% say intermittent run off will work. Run off being detrimental is something I've never come across before.

3 balls

3 balls

Thinking about it a bit more, assuming all other factors were identical, I would have to bet the reason for you not having just as good if not better results, was making the switch part way through the game. I will be surprised if in time, others dont chime in that things went south when they read the original post and decided they have been watering wrong.

One of the scientific types could explain in technical terms but from my book of mistakes I wont make twice; plants get used to a routine and a sudden switch to 100% saturation 24/7 pisses them off.

Tesla666

Tesla666

Thinking about it a bit more, assuming all other factors were identical, I would have to bet the reason for you not having just as good if not better results, was making the switch part way through the game. I will be surprised if in time, others dont chime in that things went south when they read the original post and decided they have been watering wrong.

One of the scientific types could explain in technical terms but from my book of mistakes I wont make twice; plants get used to a routine and a sudden switch to 100% saturation 24/7 pisses them off.

It's possible i thought the same, another thing that i've not Say it's that i flush when i flip to 12/12 or if u see nute lock. With my technique u afford a lot of water Even getting the same result.

I decide to start a journal next week using this technique for u to show doing My Best and being objetive to get the Best results.

I invite AquaMan to test it.

Tesla666

Tesla666

I Will water just one pot at your way and check the final weight but i think your method works well with big pots and mine with SOG.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Grow how you are comfortable with ! Many ways to grow these plants, thinking outside the box is required.

Just because I've been growing in coco coir for over ten years doesn't make me right or wrong in how I grow in coco, just what works for me in my garden.

The simple facts that I like my single daily feeding with just a run-off once a week is the method I prefer is just that! what I prefer!

All these where grown that way.
DSCN0672
DSCN0752
DSCN0777
DSCN0789
20190112 092923
20190108 193457
20190305 054902
20190305 055023
DSCN1010

Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

Grow how you are comfortable with ! Many ways to grow these plants, thinking outside the box is required.

Just because I've been growing in coco coir for over ten years doesn't make me right or wrong in how I grow in coco, just what works for me in my garden.

The simple facts that I like my single daily feeding with just a run-off once a week is the method I prefer is just that! what I prefer!

All these where grown that way.
View attachment 1087315View attachment 1087316View attachment 1087317View attachment 1087318View attachment 1087319View attachment 1087320View attachment 1087321View attachment 1087322View attachment 1087323
What plant is that 3rd and 4th from the bottom? Big fat colas 😛. Reminds me of critical mass i used to grow.

From seed or clone? What was your flip height?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would add likely the temperature difference as he mentioned. Like I was saying before it plays a huge role in this as does light and environment.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It's possible i thought the same, another thing that i've not Say it's that i flush when i flip to 12/12 or if u see nute lock. With my technique u afford a lot of water Even getting the same result.

I decide to start a journal next week using this technique for u to show doing My Best and being objetive to get the Best results.

I invite AquaMan to test it.
No thanks, I'm good with how things go here. But I will gladly start clones at the same time and compare growth.

Fudge

Fudge

No thanks, I'm good with how things go here. But I will gladly start clones at the same time and compare growth.
I'll call it now, yours will blow them away with speed of growth. Plus should make an easier job of "flushing" at the end for you.

It's the final weight/quality I couldn't possibly call.

But with your method you could gain maybe 2 weeks on a single run, now this is where it becomes a no brainer for me. 13 weeks is 4 runs, Cut that down to 10 with a speed veg and do a little overlapping by vegging clones out before swap over. Now you've got 5 runs in that space over a year. That run could pay costs for all 5.
Now you're looking at growing for free! 😁😘
All that extra run off doesn't seem as much of a loss when you look at the whole picture.

Don't get me wrong though, I love both styles and they both have their place. You just can't argue with growing for free.
Wouldn't mind comparing growth with both of you using my autofeed set up using aQuavalves , see how it fares lol. Don't quite think it will keep up with yours but I'm. Curious if it's faster than @Tesla666 as that's basically how I was feeding, I'm not sure whether it's just the fact of improving as a grower or if the equipment gets most of the glory 😂😂🤣

Tesla666

Tesla666

I'll call it now, yours will blow them away with speed of growth. Plus should make an easier job of "flushing" at the end for you.

It's the final weight/quality I couldn't possibly call.

But with your method you could gain maybe 2 weeks on a single run, now this is where it becomes a no brainer for me. 13 weeks is 4 runs, Cut that down to 10 with a speed veg and do a little overlapping by vegging clones out before swap over. Now you've got 5 runs in that space over a year. That run could pay costs for all 5.
Now you're looking at growing for free! 😁😘
All that extra run off doesn't seem as much of a loss when you look at the whole picture.

Don't get me wrong though, I love both styles and they both have their place. You just can't argue with growing for free.
Wouldn't mind comparing growth with both of you using my autofeed set up using aQuavalves , see how it fares lol. Don't quite think it will keep up with yours but I'm. Curious if it's faster than @Tesla666 as that's basically how I was feeding, I'm not sure whether it's just the fact of improving as a grower or if the equipment gets most of the glory 😂😂🤣
I can harvest with a strain like critical+ every 62 days.

3 balls

3 balls

@Aqua Man or any others that monitor their saturation levels so diligently. I'm guessing that your making educated estimations but I thought it worth asking if anyone is using a legit moisture probe? In my limited research all I'm finding are the cheesy toy style dials or electronic units that measure 0-50% (which my eyeballs work just fine for). Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom