HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bbonez

Bbonez

That's PH for every 1.0 change to ph its either 10x more acidic or basic.

I have a strange PH issue. My tap water is 7.5PH with 480 PPM. My old RO is changing that to 5.94PH and 0 PPM. I was tired of humping the water from the house to the grow room in the backyard so I added another RO in the grow room. The tap in the grow room tests identical (7.5 & 480) but the RO system (APEC RO-90) in the grow changed the PH to 9.0 & 10 PPM. I called APEC and they don't know the chemistry behind PH but claim I'm the only one who has ever reported PH going up.

Has anyone experienced this before? Would there be any issue with using water from this new RO and adding PH down if needed? i water my plants @ 5.5 PH now and a tiny drop of PH up gets 5 gallons to 5.5. Are the 10 PPMs going to change anything?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a strange PH issue. My tap water is 7.5PH with 480 PPM. My old RO is changing that to 5.94PH and 0 PPM. I was tired of humping the water from the house to the grow room in the backyard so I added another RO in the grow room. The tap in the grow room tests identical (7.5 & 480) but the RO system (APEC RO-90) in the grow changed the PH to 9.0 & 10 PPM. I called APEC and they don't know the chemistry behind PH but claim I'm the only one who has ever reported PH going up.

Has anyone experienced this before? Would there be any issue with using water from this new RO and adding PH down if needed? i water my plants @ 5.5 PH now and a tiny drop of PH up gets 5 gallons to 5.5. Are the 10 PPMs going to change anything?
You can't really go by ph... its deceiving. At 10ppm ph means nothing. You need to add alkalinity back to the RO and then ph adjust after adding nutrients.

3 balls

3 balls

You are right i think. This plant has been drying out a week now and is starting to recover but same thing. Medium doesnt matter. Soggy salty roots do this every time. And all you can do is wait and hope.

View attachment 1088522
hope this helps.
Did she make a full recovery? When I get that I can get them to pull out of it but they never seem to live up to their potential. I hate to toss em and waste all the invested effort but question if I'm not better off cutting my losses.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Did she make a full recovery? When I get that I can get them to pull out of it but they never seem to live up to their potential. I hate to toss em and waste all the invested effort but question if I'm not better off cutting my losses.

yes. She is transplanted to 3 gallons and in the flower room now. We will see how she does in time I guess.

pork

pork

Sorry if this is a repeat question..but 28 pages is a lot of digging. when doing multiple feedings/day, (in 3 gal) do I do the 750ml each feeding, or 750ml over the course of the day?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Sorry if this is a repeat question..but 28 pages is a lot of digging. when doing multiple feedings/day, (in 3 gal) do I do the 750ml each feeding, or 750ml over the course of the day?
750 each feed with 75-150ml of runoff. If you get less add a feeding. More you can reduce the frequency but if you always feed 750ml and go by runoff you should be fine

G

Gammagoat

You can't really go by ph... its deceiving. At 10ppm ph means nothing. You need to add alkalinity back to the RO and then ph adjust after adding nutrients.

I'm sure you have answered this question before, one more time please.

Is it that adding nutes adds alkalinity or are you adding something else to first raise alkalinity and then nutes?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm sure you have answered this question before, one more time please.

Is it that adding nutes adds alkalinity or are you adding something else to first raise alkalinity and then nutes?
Depends on the water source. What source of water are you using?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Going to add one exception and that AN PH perfect. It should used with RO and no buffers or ph adjusters added.

Just incase you are using that line

G

Gammagoat

Going to add one exception and that AN PH perfect. It should used with RO and no buffers or ph adjusters added.

Using FF trio or I now have GH trio, do these contain carbonates and bicarbonates. I have been adding nutes and then PH the solution(with ph-up or down), is this not the correct way?

And does it really matter if I'm growing in promix or sunshine #4? I keep seeing that these mediums will buffer inputs?

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

I still add cal mag to my tap water at 200ppm start. It fixed my leave deficiency

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Using FF trio or I now have GH trio, do these contain carbonates and bicarbonates. I have been adding nutes and then PH the solution(with ph-up or down), is this not the correct way?

And does it really matter if I'm growing in promix or sunshine #4? I keep seeing that these mediums will buffer inputs?
If using a buffered peat based soil no need to ph adjust when using RO so long as the nutrients are kept in a adequate range to not cause precipitate. Unless your adding silica you should not need to PH adjust at all as the buffered peat will do it for you.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I still add cal mag to my tap water at 200ppm start. It fixed my leave deficiency
Likely because like most your tap water is high in calcium carbonate and low in magnesium when we compare to the ratios that cannabis need. So you likely seen a mag deficiency and this is usually even more prevalent under LED and high intensity.

I also use tap and add 1 gram of mag sulfate per gal to my mix to combat that exact issue

Last edited:
pork

pork

So, i've been flooding my plants in veg with a water wand. Moved them into the flower room (still vegging though) and have them each plumbed up with 2x .5gph drippers. Plants ended up locking out on me, with runoff ppm spiking, after a few days. Could it have been because of the slower watering rate? (I also might just not have had enough run off...) I've got them flushed out now with a mild blend of nutes. Curious how quickly I should ramp back up the ppm.

Currently in 3 gals, running 820ish ppm with runoff in the mid 700s (.5 scale). plants are hearty and big, hoping to get them back up to 1300+ range. When I was flooding in the veg room under t5s, they were happy as clams with 1400, so I know they can take the food. now they are under leds dimmed to a similar par.

Thanks y'all

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So, i've been flooding my plants in veg with a water wand. Moved them into the flower room (still vegging though) and have them each plumbed up with 2x .5gph drippers. Plants ended up locking out on me, with runoff ppm spiking, after a few days. Could it have been because of the slower watering rate? (I also might just not have had enough run off...) I've got them flushed out now with a mild blend of nutes. Curious how quickly I should ramp back up the ppm.

Currently in 3 gals, running 820ish ppm with runoff in the mid 700s (.5 scale). plants are hearty and big, hoping to get them back up to 1300+ range. When I was flooding in the veg room under t5s, they were happy as clams with 1400, so I know they can take the food. Thanks y'all
Yeah it was almost certainly the amount of runoff if you had build up.

I suggest 800 with following the run off for feed frequency. There is no need for higher because the ppm in the root zone should stay stable. If you water less and they are eating lots then you need a higher ppm but if your feeding often enough with run off there is no need because they will have enough.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Currently in 3 gals, running 820ish ppm with runoff in the mid 700s (.5 scale). plants are hearty and big, hoping to get them back up to 1300+ range. When I was flooding in the veg room under t5s, they were happy as clams with 1400, so I know they can take the food. now they are under leds dimmed to a similar par.

Thanks y'all
And my coco plants never get fed over 650 ppm max in flower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom