HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
justice8965

justice8965

Quick pic of the girls at 6 days of 12/12. They're extremely healthy, color is great. The one in the front middle is a couple weeks younger than the rest, so she's a little short. They're all In House Genetics strains. From left to right:

Slurricane IX
Jelly Breath
Platinum Gorilla

Only worry I have is that they won't stretch enough and I'll end up with small colas. I've only grown sativas, so I planned the training and light switch based on my experience with that. But these indicas are definitely much shorter. Hopefully there's another 7-14 days of stretch left and they'll get a little more vertical growth.

20210731 100933
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Quick pic of the girls at 6 days of 12/12. They're extremely healthy, color is great. The one in the front middle is a couple weeks younger than the rest, so she's a little short. They're all In House Genetics strains. From left to right:

Slurricane IX
Jelly Breath
Platinum Gorilla

Only worry I have is that they won't stretch enough and I'll end up with small colas. I've only grown sativas, so I planned the training and light switch based on my experience with that. But these indicas are definitely much shorter. Hopefully there's another 7-14 days of stretch left and they'll get a little more vertical growth.
Kick ass bro... you got nothing to worry about.

justice8965

justice8965

Kick ass bro... you got nothing to worry about.

Thanks man. Pretty pumped now that everything is dialed in. Easily my healthiest grow yet, and the least work. All I do is empty the drain bucket and make sure the res doesn't empty. Thinking about buying one of those $500 Apogee quantum sensors for my next grow to get the light perfect. Probably the last thing I can optimize (other than co2 but I don't have a sealed environment). Been watching a lot of Dr. Bruce Bugbee this week haha.

Question for you...do you defoliate during the stretch, wait till it's done, not at all, etc? The two slurricanes on the left are pretty bushy. However, I've noticed that when I remove the newer leaves that are covering other growth sites, those de-leafed branches then stretch way less and the nodes are also much closer together. Since I'm trying to encourage more stretch right now, I'm thinking I should wait till after the stretch is over. Is there a biological reason taking those leaves changes the node structure? I've noticed it in my first two grows as well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks man. Pretty pumped now that everything is dialed in. Easily my healthiest grow yet, and the least work. All I do is empty the drain bucket and make sure the res doesn't empty. Thinking about buying one of those $500 Apogee quantum sensors for my next grow to get the light perfect. Probably the last thing I can optimize (other than co2 but I don't have a sealed environment). Been watching a lot of Dr. Bruce Bugbee this week haha.

Question for you...do you defoliate during the stretch, wait till it's done, not at all, etc? The two slurricanes on the left are pretty bushy. However, I've noticed that when I remove the newer leaves that are covering other growth sites, those de-leafed branches then stretch way less and the nodes are also much closer together. Since I'm trying to encourage more stretch right now, I'm thinking I should wait till after the stretch is over. Is there a biological reason taking those leaves changes the node structure? I've noticed it in my first two grows as well.
So for more stretch keep a 10f day night difference in temps. You could add something like massive that contains triacontanol and that will definitely make them stretch. But I think you will find they do quite well.

I would lollipop before flip. After stretch I would remove the oldest biggest fan leaves to the point that no leaves are resting on eachother, but your not letting light go through without hitting leaves. The reason you always remove the biggest and oldest leaves are new growth photosynthesises more efficiently. And also to make sure that the plants have good airflow throught them.

justice8965

justice8965

So for more stretch keep a 10f day night difference in temps. You could add something like massive that contains triacontanol and that will definitely make them stretch. But I think you will find they do quite well.

I would lollipop before flip. After stretch I would remove the oldest biggest fan leaves to the point that no leaves are resting on eachother, but your not letting light go through without hitting leaves. The reason you always remove the biggest and oldest leaves are new growth photosynthesises more efficiently. And also to make sure that the plants have good airflow throught them.

I'll check my monitor but I think my temps are right around 10f difference.

Ah "new growth photosynthesises more efficiently". That's probably why those growth stems I took young leaves off are shorter and stubbier than. Good to know for the next grow.

They're already lollipopped under the net. I'll let them finish stretching then take the old leaves off like you said.

justice8965

justice8965

Day 11 of 12/12 and a few of the girls still have basically not stretched at all which isn't great. Going to have some tiny buds if they don't grow. I have some of that product you mentioned, Massive, coming this weekend. From what I'm reading, it should help give me more height during the final week of stretch. Most people stop using it at week 5 of flower as apparently it can cause foxtailing if run late into flower.

Anyone have any experience with massive that can chime in? Going to run it at 10ml/gal for the next few weeks if all goes well.

NoobJay

NoobJay

Need help I overwater my coco. Guy at the hydro store told me to go from propagation pot to 3 gal (both air pots ) and now I have sign of over watering like canoeing of the leaves and what seems like water bubble in the leafs also. Was just wondering if I should downsize to 1 gal now and take the risk of just water once every 2 days? I mess up I should of went for 1 gal first that was my mistake. Thanks any advice will be appreciated.
0BD41308 F349 45DC 82DC 8D9F0D215754

8B922D9B 1F33 47C3 8CFE A83365DE51B9
8BA59BD7 2521 4DA8 BE33 B6527257772F
2Bad

2Bad

Need help I overwater my coco. Guy at the hydro store told me to go from propagation pot to 3 gal (both air pots ) and now I have sign of over watering like canoeing of the leaves and what seems like water bubble in the leafs also. Was just wondering if I should downsize to 1 gal now and take the risk of just water once every 2 days? I mess up I should of went for 1 gal first that was my mistake. Thanks any advice will be appreciated.View attachment 1158356
they're fine. its just variegation . you can't overwater coco.

2Bad

2Bad

Need help I overwater my coco. Guy at the hydro store told me to go from propagation pot to 3 gal (both air pots ) and now I have sign of over watering like canoeing of the leaves and what seems like water bubble in the leafs also. Was just wondering if I should downsize to 1 gal now and take the risk of just water once every 2 days? I mess up I should of went for 1 gal first that was my mistake. Thanks any advice will be appreciated.View attachment 1158356
if anything it's from the fan being right next to it

NoobJay

NoobJay

Y’a d
I changed the directions of the fans but there were blowing on the pots as the plants are at least 6 inches over them and are getting minimal wind. But they are only 2 weeks and 1 day from seed so might be too much wind. But why can I feel water in the leafs Like little blisters? That’s usually overwatering, no? Thanks for the reply it’s really appreciated!

2Bad

2Bad

Y’a d

I changed the directions of the fans but there were blowing on the pots as the plants are at least 6 inches over them and are getting minimal wind. But they are only 2 weeks and 1 day from seed so might be too much wind. But why can I feel water in the leafs Like little blisters? That’s usually overwatering, no? Thanks for the reply it’s really appreciated!
That's weird i've never heard of leaf blisters

NoobJay

NoobJay

Y’a d

Forgot, too pic is a Tropicana banana, mid is white widow and bottom is Tropicana banana also. Using canna coco nutes at 600ppm.
temps 25celcius and humidity was at 60-65% but brought it down to 50% seeing the blisters of water in the leaves. Light growers choice 680 36 inches away 40 % intensity.

NoobJay

NoobJay

Here is a pic of it. Might be just be freaking out my first coco grow X)
BF804030 0E56 423E 8CB0 2CBA7BA353CD

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Here is a pic of it. Might be just be freaking out my first coco grow X) View attachment 1158373
Yes the little blisters are a sign of overwatering I didn’t know that my self until gnick55 pointed it out to me just back the watering off a touch until your roots fill out the pot it’s true you can’t really overwater an established plant in coco/perlite but a small plant in a big pot u certainly can👍

NoobJay

NoobJay

Here is a pic of it. Might be just be freaking out my first coco grow X
Yes the little blisters are a sign of overwatering I didn’t know that my self until gnick55 pointed it out to me just back the watering off a touch until your roots fill out the pot it’s true you can’t really overwater an established plant in coco/perlite but a small plant in a big pot u certainly can👍
Y’a was my mistake. Now just worried my ec will go up and burn them by letting them dry X). Was watering twice a day 750ml should I go to once a day or skip some days you think? It’s just I heard that I need to feed every day in coco so just not certain here.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Y’a was my mistake. Now just worried my ec will go up and burn them by letting them dry X). Was watering twice a day 750ml should I go to once a day or skip some days you think? It’s just I heard that I need to feed every day in coco so just not certain here.
I would just back off to 1 feed a day don’t let it completely dry back that’s no good just water once per day preferably when lights first come in then let em be water to runoff then just let em be man that’s what I did seemed to work for me still water to runoff but I reckon what happened to me was the water table in my pot was just saturated whilst the top was drying trick is to use not so big of pots apparently👍U have perlite in there aswell?

Nectarivorous

Nectarivorous

I'm a noob myself so I'm only passing on what was told to me, I got a similar issue with one of my plants, not because of amount of water, but I was doing small waterings too often in a big pot, so I was not giving time for the water to drain from the root zone and let them breathe between drinks. I backed off back to 2 waters a day, but what I found was by waiting for them to 'dry', I missed the point where they recovered from the overwatering (literally only took them two hours), then mistook their thirst for still suffering from overwatering. I found once I just returned to my normal watering schedule with more water less often and runoff every time all came good. Had to cut the leaves off after a bit though as they didn't really recover and kept hanging in the dirt. Sorry if none of this is relevant it's late and I'm baked haha

NoobJay

NoobJay

I would just back off to 1 feed a day don’t let it completely dry back that’s no good just water once per day preferably when lights first come in then let em be water to runoff then just let em be man that’s what I did seemed to work for me still water to runoff but I reckon what happened to me was the water table in my pot was just saturated whilst the top was drying trick is to use not so big of pots apparently👍U have perlite in there aswell?
Y’a 70/30 coco perlite mix. Really appreciate your help on this. 🤞

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom