How valuable is my tea in super soil?

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

I would be concerned about the P depressing fungal growth. :)
I don't see anything in the tea that I recognize as fungal other than single cell yeast.
It may well be that my effort to suppress yeast blooms is aided by P, but I see it mostly as a response to sugar additions.
Batches are almost perpetual, as there isn't much effort to clean between batches.
This suggests to me trying for a true perpetual, where I service the brew, but never deliver the entire batch.

I wasn't expecting such a dramatic improvement in bud weight with tea additions.
Ordinarily my experiments have much more ambiguous results.
All aspects of brewing need to be revisited.
Damn, it's like starting over.

Tnelz

Tnelz

I don't see anything in the tea that I recognize as fungal other than single cell yeast.
It may well be that my effort to suppress yeast blooms is aided by P, but I see it mostly as a response to sugar additions.
Batches are almost perpetual, as there isn't much effort to clean between batches.
This suggests to me trying for a true perpetual, where I service the brew, but never deliver the entire batch.

I wasn't expecting such a dramatic improvement in bud weight with tea additions.
Lol. It sux @Dunge! But very interested in what u come up with. Good luck.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

Do you have Microbeman's identification DVDs? Those can be very helpful (as can using a good scope like his!).

Dunge

Dunge

Last night I was stewing over these results and decided that I need to run this again.
The biggest question I have relates to lighting position in my garden.
The high yielding tea fed plant was in a better lighting position.
Could an apparently minor advantage have turned into such a large production difference?
A retrial will take some time.
Might need to wait until next summer, as I am planning a hibernation this winter.
During hibernation I intend to split my veg into two locations. (New thread)
Both will be under maintenance light levels but one will be in the 50 deg F garage.
I rarely weigh my production, as I see the numbers as useless to me without adjusting for water content.
I can do dry weight, but I need to find a drying oven that is not in the kitchen.
Domestic tranquility is a priority.

Seamaiden: Do not have DVDs. Will look for them. While a better scope would help, my problem is not viewing ability, it's knowing ability.

Stay tuned.
May take some time, but I do tend to be persistent.

K

kuz

Ya, light movers are the next thing I want to add. Thanks for the thread. Burned any yet, notice any difference in taste?

Latest posts

Top Bottom