How would you read this PH meter

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vagician

Vagician

I'd say ~6.8 as well. The picture is taken on an angle so it is a little hard to tell.

Glassdub

Glassdub

Could someone recommend a good TDS meter? I made a thread about the Apera Instruments TDS20 but didn't get any response.

ru knuts

ru knuts

Could someone recommend a good TDS meter? I made a thread about the Apera Instruments TDS20 but didn't get any response.
Personally, I go to Amazon and read reviews. Pick one with a ton of good reviews and not one with just a few positive reviews.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

So is it reading high 6's, 6 or 7 lol, silly question Im sure but I dont know
I wouldn't, I'd throw it away! You asked.

Those probe type meters are notoriously inaccurate, I don't even trust them for moisture readings and I guarantee you they're going to cause more harm than good

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've got a draw with several dead Apera meters in it, and one died under warranty and they wouldn't honor it, I wouldn't recommend Apera

Glassdub

Glassdub

I wouldn't, I'd throw it away! You asked.

Those probe type meters are notoriously inaccurate, I don't even trust them for moisture readings and I guarantee you they're going to cause more harm than good
Beats the finger test, mainly because I hate sticking my fingers in dirt, what other options are there?

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Beats the finger test, mainly because I hate sticking my fingers in dirt, what other options are there?
Lifting the pot and checking the weight, if you're not sure fill a container the same size as you're using with the same medium and set it aside dry and use it for comparison

Glassdub

Glassdub

I've got a draw with several dead Apera meters in it, and one died under warranty and they wouldn't honor it, I wouldn't recommend Apera
Someone on another thread recommenced the AI209-T pH meter it had 833 4 1/2 star average reviews on Amazon so I got it, haven't got around to calibrating it yet, The TDS meter had only a half dozen so, so reviews, mostly by dopes & not much on Google, not sure if its new or not, is it better to get a 10-20 buck one there are plenty of those, I can't go over 2 figures.

Izzy1980

Izzy1980

Someone on another thread recommenced the AI209-T pH meter it had 833 4 1/2 star average reviews on Amazon so I got it, haven't got around to calibrating it yet, The TDS meter had only a half dozen so, so reviews, mostly by dopes & not much on Google, not sure if its new or not, is it better to get a 10-20 buck one there are plenty of those, I can't go over 2 figures.
I've had all sorts, from the analogue ones, digital, bluetooth reader, I think most people use similar to my one or the green version, definitely don't go overboard, less than $20 is more than enough

quirk

quirk

I'm with you. I have better moisture tests for my finger than sticking it in a potted plant up to one of my knuckles. That's just knuckle headed.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
All the $15-20 ppm/ec meters on Amazon are practically the same. Just pick one. I compared it to my blue lab ppm pen and it’s within 10ppm so they are pretty accurate. Ph meter is another story. Pay the money for a blue lab and you’ll never regret it.

ru knuts

ru knuts

I do use the vpd calculator, but by manipulating the temp I can run at different RH's. If that makes sense? My day time temp is ~80 and my night time temp is ~67.

mancorn

mancorn

Personally, I go to Amazon and read reviews. Pick one with a ton of good reviews and not one with just a few positive reviews.
I was on Amazon buying a ph meter last year and found 3 of the meters had hijacked reviews, where the product was different from the reviews. I supsequently read this was not uncommon, where sellers would hijack old products (that were no longer being sold) and then sold a different product. This gave them a high star rating. Wasn't to difficult to figure out that a ph meter wasn't a burger flipper, but it made it impossible to easily browse by rating. Seems like most of the ph meters are from the same Chinese manufacture, with different names slapped on them. (I reported the fake reviews to Amazon and got emails back saying they pulled the products.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom