How would you read this PH meter

• Thread starter Izzy1980
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JadedMarxist

JadedMarxist

Supporter
I use hm for both my TDS and ph meter with fair amount of accuracy I also habe had Amazon deliver me bluelab ph pen twice both never worked out of the box and just decided to keep using my hm.

Dr.Rob

Dr.Rob

I'm leaning toward this one though I'm not crazy about theses non backlit displays.
https://www.amazon.com/HM-Digital-716160-WATERPROOF-PROFESSIONAL/dp/B000VVVEUI?ref_=ast_bbp_dp

I don’t think that pen is a bad choice, but the ph will go bad long term as any would then you’re left with a tds only meter. You’ll find yourself shopping again in a year or hopefully 2. I go with blue labs combo meter because although pricey, I can replace the ph pen for $60 if it goes bad and after using it these last few months, the quality is top notch and imo 2 things worth splurging on is the pens and the light.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I don’t think that pen is a bad choice, but the ph will go bad long term as any would then you’re left with a tds only meter. You’ll find yourself shopping again in a year or hopefully 2. I go with blue labs combo meter because although pricey, I can replace the ph pen for $60 if it goes bad and after using it these last few months, the quality is top notch and imo 2 things worth splurging on is the pens and the light.
This is not a pH meter I have a Apera AI209-T for that, I'm not planning to put more into a meter than I did on my lights I'm in too deep as is.

Glassdub

Glassdub

I spent about 2-3 hours messing with the Apera PH20 today (yesterday at this point) had a bit of problem calibrating the 4.0 point never having done it before & the instructions being sparse. Is it normal for the pH to bounce around a bit when out of water rather than snapping back to zero.
Measurements seemed ok
Distilled Water: 6:00
Tap (only filtered with carbon sediment filter): 9:00
Berkey Filtered tap: 8:00 (kinda surprising I thought it would be the same as tap)
Basement humidifier water: 4:80
Tap water in my part of Ohio (& probably most places) is pretty lime heavy so the results seem pretty acurate to me & are not that surprising.

Top Bottom