Hows it looking(1st gro)

• Thread starter FarmerJake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

She’s a little behind for the timing, but it looks like she’s doing better now, rather short plant than stretchy plant, means the light intensity is prob ok

the delay in growth is prob the roots filling out the large bucket l, if you started in a solo cup you would be more along by now but not to worry!

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

your plant is small for Day 17. the plant is too small to do LST. i wouldn't even top it at the moment.

i am not familiar with your grow medium, nor your lights - but your plant growth seems stunted. i assume temperature and humidity is ok.

but having said that, above - see how it goes over the next week or so, when it should be a stronger juvenile - before training (LST), topping, etc. also, in a week or so, we'll find out more about your growing conditions by how the plant develops.

and another pointer - take photo of plant under more natural light..
Better pics above

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Is it me or is the plant wet?

Yes I mist with a spray bottle a few time per day until roots develop witch would probably be right about now. I dont have a humidifier in there so that's how I have been keeping humidity up in the tent with a spray bottle

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Yes stop misting it. When watering, water to saturate the entire media. Then let it dry well before watering against n

I am using hydroponic growing medium. Using the frequent feritigation technique by
COCO 4 CANNABIS
I would rather have a 24/7 drip but instead I am fertigating twice a day to keep all of my media fully saturated

My growing media is
ROOTS ORGANIC soilless
55%coco
40%perlite
5%worm castings and guano

At first I was allowing media to dry between watering but growth was very slow and my media would dry out within 2 hrs. And I would get no run off witch is why I decided to switch to frequent saturation is so I dont get a salt and mineral build up in my 5 gal bucket witch would kill my plant later

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Even at full saturation my media can still hold 40%air throught to ensure enough oxygen for the roots.

With this particular media there is never a worry of overwatering witch is why I chose it for my first growing experience

But I will definitely stop misting it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Even at full saturation my media can still hold 40%air throught to ensure enough oxygen for the roots.

With this particular media there is never a worry of overwatering witch is why I chose it for my first growing experience

But I will definitely stop misting it
Yes ignore that comment for some reason I though you were in soil. You are right but stop misting

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Yes ignore that comment for some reason I though you were in soil. You are right but stop misting
I was thinking my ec might be to high. I have a meter coming in mail. But not for a few days. How can I tell if my plant is stunted due to high ec

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

First off do not run your cycle 24 7 you run 18/6 plants need a period of darkness even only 6 hours and yea the do grow in the dark, i run 600w led and a seedling that small my light would be backed off to 34inc, i grew that plant its tuff and lets mistakes slide, but give it 6 hours of dark how would you like iit if someone would not let you sleep? But seriously i ran 1 plant 24 7 and 1 plant 18/6 the plant i gave darkness to came out much better and all i got was a big light bill, but hey there yours run it them as you see fit, yea i have 1 pic and never grew again.

20180826 063002
FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Okay so I was doing some research and it turns out that I do not have an autoflower plant
I have a fast version photoperiod

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

CFL might be A LLLLLLITTLE close lol, But naa your leaves are fine there jsut growing, new growth is always a really light shade green :D

14 days from seed is a lil small tho check my grow in my signature those are 3-4 weeks from seed now.

I was about to ask if thats an auto but i scrolled up, Ok disregard its on track for an auto, they start off super slow it would seem then boom one day they take off? I dunno first time tryin a cpl autos my self don't like the experience so far tho :\ But shes doing ok! :D

Screenshot 20200719 165601 Chrome
Screenshot 20200719 165218 Chrome
FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Here she is on day 22
3 sets of true leaves
6 nodes of growth
2 and half inches tall.

Let me know what yall think

I did fina out this is not an autoflower. It is an F1 Hybrid
Or fast version photoperiod
So i plan on topping it completely when it reaches 6 in of hight and then installing a u shaped scrog

Top Bottom