Hows it looking(1st gro)

• Thread starter FarmerJake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Stunted from watering and spraying too often. A small plant like that in a large bucket needs to be lightly watered around the drip line and a little more outward each time until its established.

Then you saturate the pot when there are enough roots to drink the water.

Otherwise most of the pot will stay wet and the roots cant grow into wet soil. Needs to be mostly moist towards dry.

Have to let the pot dry out. Will take a long time if that whole pot is wet.

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Stunted from watering and spraying too often. A small plant like that in a large bucket needs to be lightly watered around the drip line and a little more outward each time until its established.

Otherwise most of the pot will stay wet and the roots cant grow into wet soil. Needs to be mostly moist towards dry.

I am using hydroponic growing medium. Using the frequent feritigation technique by
COCO 4 CANNABIS
I would rather have a 24/7 drip but instead I am fertigating twice a day to keep all of my media fully saturated

My growing media is
ROOTS ORGANIC soilless
55%coco
40%perlite
5%worm castings and guano

At first I was allowing media to dry between watering but growth was very slow and my media would dry out within 2 hrs. And I would get no run off witch is why I decided to switch to frequent saturation is so I dont get a salt and mineral build up in my 5 gal bucket witch would kill my plant later
If I do not saturate the en6 thing there will be mineral buildup

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I am using hydroponic growing medium. Using the frequent feritigation technique by
COCO 4 CANNABIS
I would rather have a 24/7 drip but instead I am fertigating twice a day to keep all of my media fully saturated

My growing media is
ROOTS ORGANIC soilless
55%coco
40%perlite
5%worm castings and guano

At first I was allowing media to dry between watering but growth was very slow and my media would dry out within 2 hrs. And I would get no run off witch is why I decided to switch to frequent saturation is so I dont get a salt and mineral build up in my 5 gal bucket witch would kill my plant later

Sorry I should have read back more.

I didnt mean to make you repeat that. ;-)

However. Although i have not used coco i still say that plant is not established enough for watering that often. And it is stunting its growth.

Also the ammendments you added make this more of a soil style grow.

Cannagrammy

Cannagrammy

Have you considered starting in a small pot and upsizing as needed? I also like runoff in my soilless grow to avoid salt buildup, but I start with a solo cup and work my way up to whatever size I determine I'm going to flower in. I do stop transplanting once my plants are flowering though, so I pick whatever size, transplant, give them a week or so recovery time then flip to flower.

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Have you considered starting in a small pot and upsizing as needed? I also like runoff in my soilless grow to avoid salt buildup, but I start with a solo cup and work my way up to whatever size I determine I'm going to flower in. I do stop transplanting once my plants are flowering though, so I pick whatever size, transplant, give them a week or so recovery time then flip to flower.
I had thought that fast version means autoflower when I had planted this. So I did not want to transplanting at all if it was an autoflower. This is why i planted in 5 gal bucket and I only found out yesterday that fast version means F1 hybrid witch is a fast flowering photoperiod

It has been in 5 gal bucket for 2 weeks now so I suppose I will just keep it in this bucket until finished.

Although my PPM/ex meter just came in yesterday and my ppm input on the fertilizer I was using was 1300 and run off was 2500

At this stage I read it should be 600-900 range. Going in and a little higher coming out.

I do believe that this is why growth was stunted

and this is what I did to fix

The runoff was 2500 ppm (way to high) I was not diluting solution before feeding. Just using growing chart.
So I flushed all water in bucket until runoff was 600ppm
Then I waited until next feeding time and add the genral hydroponics fertilized diluted to 700ppm and that is current status.

Sorry I should have read back more.

I didnt mean to make you repeat that. ;-)

However. Although i have not used coco i still say that plant is not established enough for watering that often. And it is stunting its growth.

Also the ammendments you added make this more of a soil style grow.

DeathlyxD

DeathlyxD

Honestly your mars hydro will be enough light for that space i used to have 2 of them in a 2x2 got fat nugs anyways, i don’t normally LST or Top until your at least 4-5 nodes high then i top, i wait a couple days and then do a light bending. As the plant gets bigger i do more stronger LST if that makes sense. But I’m fairly new myself had a lot of trial and error

DeathlyxD

DeathlyxD

Water every 12 hrs.
On frequent fertgation
Hydroponic growing medium
Genral hydroponics

Ph ppm ec all checked
Okay so me personally i never use synthetic nutes in soil, mainly because it can build up in the soil and you fed don’t want that, only tome i use synthetic liquid nutes like GH’s line is for hydro, cut back on the nutes a bit and think about switching. I don’t know what soil you use or what menments you put in. My soil plants i use coco, 4-4-4 all purpose fert and 2-8-4 bloom, i do a transplant then 2 months in i top dress with those ferts

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Okay so me personally i never use synthetic nutes in soil, mainly because it can build up in the soil and you fed don’t want that, only tome i use synthetic liquid nutes like GH’s line is for hydro, cut back on the nutes a bit and think about switching. I don’t know what soil you use or what menments you put in. My soil plants i use coco, 4-4-4 all purpose fert and 2-8-4 bloom, i do a transplant then 2 months in i top dress with those ferts

I AMNOT USING SOIL
I AM USING A HYDROPINIC GROWING MEDIUM

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Dial that light down on the plant. I havn't read though everything yet, but if you haven't done that yet, you need too. Get it right over the plant, about 2 foot off, max..

FarmerJake

FarmerJake

Dial that light down on the plant. I havn't read though everything yet, but if you haven't done that yet, you need too. Get it right over the plant, about 2 foot off, max..

So. It has been topped and moved to a smaller pot. Had no growth on node when transplanted. Was using to much fert for results I was getting so I went down in pot size. Very risky I know

SHOULD I KEEP IT.
ALL THOSE LITTLE LEAVEs ARE taking off pretty good but it certainly it very crowded

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

New pot looks good, plant looks off because I think the topping was fimmed, should grow fine now that air can circulate better, i would keep lowering light daily till you see a reaction. Dont mist the plant in my opinion

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So. It has been topped and moved to a smaller pot. Had no growth on node when transplanted. Was using to much fert for results I was getting so I went down in pot size. Very risky I know

SHOULD I KEEP IT.
ALL THOSE LITTLE LEAVEs ARE taking off pretty good but it certainly it very crowded

I meant use a small pot next time. I certainly didnt suggest transplanting down. Never seen that before.

If you watered it in to runoff leave it and see if it gets better.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Water every 12 hrs.
On frequent fertgation
Hydroponic growing medium
Genral hydroponics

Ph ppm ec all checked

Might be over watering a bit, they both can look the same at first, make sure you let it get fully dry before watering again. I usually water once daily, or once every other day in some cases.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Everytime you fuck with autos you stunt them.. I can't even keep up with how many times you've transplatned that and shocked it to near death.

Yes, this is why I do a 3 pot technique. First I sprout them in napkins, the transfer to tiny cardboard "jiffy" pots, once the roots poke out, (usually 1 week) I transfer the entire package to a mesh "tree seedling" bag, let it become root bound (approx 1 month) and then into it's final container, either a 1 or 2 gallon "cloth" pot. All the containers remain intact during the transfers, thus, putting a pot, into a pot, into a bigger pot... (this results in the most pot).

Pruning an auto-flower is sacrilegious and should be avoided at all cost. It's inherently counterproductive to the entire theory of why we grow auto-strains. Your on a "set" collision course for flowering, so you don't want to inhibit growth.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
This is what a 1 month old plant should look like. (this one is a little behind actually)

IMG 20200726 171009609   Copy
Top Bottom