Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
not to annoy but may I see some photos as to go off of? Firtst time in a hoophouse.
Haze3
Haze2
Haze4
Haze 1

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

did u just wrap the plant or did u attach or anchor to anything? NICE JOB!!! I'd be stoked if I get anything close to that.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

Do not be afraid to ask for advice,, that's how I learned..
yes yes I do, an I don'tcare if I sound stupid doing so. I'm looking at exhaust fans currently, any ideas? My area is 15x15, thank u in advance once again

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I would look into a thermo stat that will kick the fan on at 80 deg..
To draw inside air out side from inside as well as a fan inside to move air around in house
If you see leaves moving in the breeze that's a good sign..
Maybe one of those box fans would do the trick..2 feet by 2 feet.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I would look into a thermo stat that will kick the fan on at 80 deg..
To draw inside air out side from inside as well as a fan inside to move air around in house
If you see leaves moving in the breeze that's a good sign..
Maybe one of those box fans would do the trick..2 feet by 2 feet.
this fan blowin moves my plant an walls!

WP 20160516 15 17 19 Pro
GreenHouser

GreenHouser

I'll look for a thrmostat switch, I'llhave to read a bit, I get the concept thanks

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
this fan blowin moves my plant an walls!
try settin that up so it sucks air from out side and provide a vent for air to flow out. that fan will be strong enough to do the job.
is that cyclone wire fencing???
hope it does not rip holes or wear out cover..
Also consider this as a temp set up once summer comes let the sunshine do its thing without a cover. but keep frame up for late season frost or if it hails run and cover...

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

u really think so? There is 9 in there. I wish now I would have only put 6
I can verify chickenman's claims. I grew up with two foot wide cages for tomatoes, now I see 8 foot cages 6 feet in diameter. Trees! Airflow airflow airflow.

GreenHouser

GreenHouser

try settin that up so it sucks air from out side and provide a vent for air to flow out. that fan will be strong enough to do the job.
is that cyclone wire fencing???
hope it does not rip holes or wear out cover..
Also consider this as a temp set up once summer comes let the sunshine do its thing without a cover. but keep frame up for late season frost or if it hails run and cover...
I have to keep in covered in order to be in accordance with the law. The fan pulls from outside yes, I still have to look into exhaust/and how, idk what cyclone fencing is w/looking. I have chain link drapped over hoophouse an anchored 1 foot into ground attachedto 2x10's

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I'll look for a thrmostat switch, I'llhave to read a bit, I get the concept thanks

Something like this. I can't find it but I know there is a model that has high and low limits, so it turns on and off at the temps you desire. Here you would set the temp so the fan turns on at whatever temp is needed, and turns off when the temp goes below the setting on the unit. You might have to look around but this is the type of item you need.

I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom