HPS light superior vs current led tech?

• Thread starter DIYDanny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JBloomers123

JBloomers123

That was close u almost got the hps guys goin! Lmao
hey man, whatever floats your boat! Been there, done it twice and I wasn't dig'n it. first round was with Kind - and 2nd brand, I forget. In both cases the plants were forever stretching as if they were not getting enough light. LOVE the idea of saving energy.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Try heating my cold growroom with a tesla. Lol ;-)

I've got a little experiment going for heating. I'm using three 48" x 20" seedling mats attched to an outlet strip and plugged into a seedling mat thremostat. They are placed between the tent bottom and the water catch bottom of my grow room. My plants are very young still so I can't tell you if I like it yet ... but it works well enough to keep lights off temperatures in the upper 60s and upper 70's with lights on. Fabric pots won't be sitting directly on the heated floor once they are transplanted. Minimal lighting right now. I should be able to keep the grow room at well dialed in temps once I hook up my bayite temp controller to the mix. I'll edit in the pictures here shortly so you can see what I've done.
Heat mats
Grow room Floor
Floor temp controller
Temperature

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've got a little experiment going for heating. I'm using three 48" x 20" seedling mats attched to an outlet strip and plugged into a seedling mat thremostat. They are placed between the tent bottom and the water catch bottom of my grow room. My plants are very young still so I can't tell you if I like it yet ... but it works well enough to keep lights off temperatures in the upper 60s and upper 70's with lights on. Fabric pots won't be sitting directly on the heated floor once they are transplanted. Minimal lighting right now. I should be able to keep the grow room at well dialed in temps once I hook up my bayite temp controller to the mix. I'll edit in the pictures here shortly so you can see what I've done.
If you plop them right on that mat and not killing em with light and co2... set for about 74f and they will love it.

Top Bottom