Hps? Or Mh For Flowers?iesfied Quality

• Thread starter chillywilly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chillywilly

chillywilly

Well, friend if I could call you that, I can and have done larger production than that...I don't have your big money and house, but big respect is due to those who are doing to further the cause...I was called to Colorado a couple of years ago to assist with an over 300 plant op...so what if I have a couple of plants, I don't have to pay the man for bunk weed...and no cannabible, search and research...as a certified master gardener, taking classes to learn...heck I've been in gardening for over 40 years...I cut grass, plant flowers and such...I've called to two areas in Canada, Oregon, New Mexico...I don't have your set up...I'm no noob by any means... people work with what they have, but this shows lack of respect for the cause... should the Trump call me a po boy because I don't have what he has? Integrity, character, respect ,basics of life here... thanks guy...
cw

H

heisen

That' is not my point.my points I'm seeing a whole lot of talk and quotes and copy and paste but I'm not seeing any proof to back up these claims.
I have Scotts OG #12 plant Iran under hps.the results were great.
I ran the same plant same clones under CMH and see no difference in trich production.
If what you guys are claiming is true than we would all not put so much time into pheno hunting frosty ass plants.we would just take any ol plant and give it some UV and turn all of our fast buds autos into gluey triched out monsters.
In theory your claims are great.but in the real world they mean shit unless you can show documented proof and pictures of clones that were done differently which I have.

chillywilly

chillywilly

It's not how much as the quality of the oils...a good friend grew with a 1k HPS and would come around, I had a 1k MH enhanced bulb I sell out before he even got started and plus he was buying from me...oils in cannabis have many properties that in the natural world develop as according to environment... copy and paste? ha!!! real knowledge and application guy...I'm not going to waste my good high and day on your dime...start own thread or go somewhere else...
cw

H

heisen

It's not how much as the quality of the oils...a good friend grew with a 1k HPS and would come around, I had a 1k MH enhanced bulb I sell out before he even got started and plus he was buying from me...oils in cannabis have many properties that in the natural world develop as according to environment... copy and paste? ha!!! real knowledge and application guy...I'm not going to waste my good high and day on your dime...start own thread or go somewhere else...
cw
Your just all talk man.growing 3 plants in your moms broom closet under 200 watt fish tank bulbs.give me a break.you starred this thread asking for advice and now you are an expert.
I think others who read this came to the same conclusion also.

chillywilly

chillywilly

I didn't come asking, I was sharing my experience that's what these forums are for...share and compare
cw

chillywilly

chillywilly

Back in the early 80's I saw and smoked some true Afghan hash plant that glazed like icing on cake and seeds the size of green peas...the plant was so dry and caked we had to break it with a hammer...I grew one of seeds in New Mexico at the time and the most resiliant strain if there ever was one, unfortunately I was unable to complete due to unforeseen circumstances...budlets the size of a fist... but in those regions high altitude, and for sure high UV, and heat resitant...the plant builds a protective 'coat' high resin, never seen anything like that since...
cw

H

heisen

That' what I'm saying.there is a of dank frosty shit out there grown under all kinds of lighting.I'm just speaking from having ran the same exact clones under different bulb' and seeing no difference in trich production.
The original poster has still failed to provide his personal comparison photo' or any other proof besides copy and paste literature from the internet.
The proof is in the pudding and from my experiences I can' see any diference.I still love cmh because I think the broad spectrum and extra uv raises the quality but the difference is very small

chillywilly

chillywilly

Thanks, but I don't have comparisons like yours, but one of my points was that MH spectrums provided a better product... and those are my photos, no copy and no paste, heck in early eighties a Cali bro taught me some and he used HPS early on then halides, then that's when dank was out then, crazy weed back then, but everyone has a Kush I don't knock it, my preference is a more sativa mix that I've seen in my observations helped my condition...
I've done some sizable outside (for me personal 65 - 70 plants) in the city was unheard of in DC and haul it back, 7 years in a row... I am no amateur by no means, landscape gardener...to bring high quality to the table is what we all should be desired...but you prove my point of the thread CMH, HPS, MH , in this experiment with the LEDs saw better improvement in flower development, lower power consumption, cooler room ...that unit that speak so highly is commercial grade 250w equivalent of 500 HPS watts. depending on strain is very efficient...
Sir on the other hand thanks for your input.
cw

H

heisen

Naw man nothing provides better spectrum and uv than the sun.plants have adapted to for past 4 billion years.there flowering cycles even depend on the red spectrums during the fall.
If you was right than outdoor weed would be your go to.back in the 80s weed was garbage.it has been through selective breeding in this past decade that we have hit thc levels in the 30s.uv don't have a damn thing to do with the high thc and genetics we have in this decade.
Your talking crazy to say you can take some old landrice mexican ditch weed and turn it into gorilla glue #4 with some extra UV.
Your making your self sound like an idiot man.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Then we was getting the sk#1, Cali big bud, the old northern lights, Columbian gold, Columbian red, Jamaican lambs breath, good old Mexican no ditch weed... sometimes we did get bunk...but I saw nothing but good weed then was mostly sativa based...the red color of the spectrum does indeed enhanced flower development, but orange, yellows as well...the 'new' modern strains are nice, don't get me wrong... I'm not selling strains to the which I have a decent collection...besides I can make my own...those pics were of some rare Hawaiian indica and purple... thanks
cw

H

heisen

CMH gave me bigger buds,I will attest to that.The reason i know CMH really has dick to do with trich production because i run recirc DWC under HPS and CMH.If every plant under the CMH was triched up i would say yes The added UV is giving me heavier trichs but this has not been the case.
THE ONLY 2 things i have noticed that effect trichs is lower room temps and genetics.
The CMH will make a prettier plant and overall they really do make a difference in appearence but i am just not seeing any increase in potency.I believe that lies on genetics and lower temperatures towards the end of flowering.

6 plants all under CMH bulbs..Keep in mind all of these plants are in the same scrog
20170702 222921

Different plant about 12 inches over
20170716 002713

And here is #12 Scotts OG grown under HPS

20170717 194321

And currently under CMH taken 30 minutes ago

DSC 0309

DSC 0300

So you can preach that shit till the cows come home but until i see proof and not just a bunch of copy and pasted BS from the internet im not buying what ya selling.CMH did not give me ANY more frost than HPS hell it might even be less but well see.If the differences were noticeble i would be all over it but i just dont see it.Sorry

Top Bottom