Hps? Or Mh For Flowers?iesfied Quality

• Thread starter chillywilly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings Cannabists,
Wanna hear your take on lighting for med grade cannabis...for the last 15+ years been dealing with MH 3200K... I have seen many with HPS buds...my thing is that that lighting produces tight big buds, but trichome/resin is hinderd...in my nearly 30 years of growing, I've seen a decline in " medicinal "
properties...profits over quality... I did my first research before buying a MH...my product beat hand's down with small flowers that had a more pronounced effect as far as "medical" , not "medicinal" effect... I myself, exposed to DDT, PCB, RADIOACTIVE WASTE... HPS buds provided me nothing in active quality...as a certified master gardener (USDA), top.end for the suffering should be on high end...HPS is good for a while but high UV for final phase...$$ or quality...my take ...on it... The 3 major forms of medicine--- Allopathic, Homeopathic, Naturopathic...the CBD community to me has lost touch like current day doctors have, wanting to overrule natural therapy...who decided CBD??? Because it is a partial active quality? I recall years ago, I grinded flowers and put in capsules, got max effect, no brownies or candies(rec) to get some relief...my thing here is lighting for medical... I've grown outside and inside...
Peace...
cw

Smerb

Smerb

In your opinion, does an indoor grower try to replicate the sun as much as possible?
HPS-MH both combined create a useable spectrum, for the plants. But I'm sure we are missing something. The sun. Nice start to a thread fellow grower. I choose to grow quality herb for myself and family, focusing on flowering. Right on!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Only with the 940 Philips cdm elite bulb I use in veg, not the Philips 930 agro elite I use for flower. I only change the floor every do often from rips n tears from me, not the light.

Leew421

Leew421

I say neither and go high quality LED for the win on efficiency and quality. But if I had to choose a buld light I would not hesitate to run 315s all day. Overlapping is best and when I was running 3 in a 4x4 I was getting some good results

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
I recall using the Agrosun years back with great success... the bulb was at 3200k...avg HPS is something like 2100-2200k... more infrared that penetrates deeper into plant tissues, but I've come to understand that trichomes are 'damaged' , and that though coverage is there, under the loupe would show the desired 'oils' have dried up leaving the shell...many of my friends use HPS exclusively for flowers and the flowers are beautiful...but little effect... when I was riding with the bike couriers , one of our crew would bring his buds(hps) and sell, not sold out... I come in with the( MH) buds, rather thinner was usually encrusted with shinny and much more aromatic and real possitve effect, I would be sold out before my buddy did and he was on before I was...he he...and we would ride out to one of many locations he was buying from me and still had his own! Our location
Washington DC ...we selling one block from Whitehouse!! All over the Hill...he he... but them folks want the Goods man!!
Peace
cw

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Greetings,
I recall using the Agrosun years back with great success... the bulb was at 3200k...avg HPS is something like 2100-2200k... more infrared that penetrates deeper into plant tissues, but I've come to understand that trichomes are 'damaged' , and that though coverage is there, under the loupe would show the desired 'oils' have dried up leaving the shell...many of my friends use HPS exclusively for flowers and the flowers are beautiful...but little effect... when I was riding with the bike couriers , one of our crew would bring his buds(hps) and sell, not sold out... I come in with the( MH) buds, rather thinner was usually encrusted with shinny and much more aromatic and real possitve effect, I would be sold out before my buddy did and he was on before I was...he he...and we would ride out to one of many locations he was buying from me and still had his own! Our location
Washington DC ...we selling one block from Whitehouse!! All over the Hill...he he... but them folks want the Goods man!!
Peace
cw
I’m looking forward to this being 2 weeks in my first cmh grow.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Yo @Leew421 , you right man, I'm currently working with Led super grow led SK450 a 250 w = 500 HPS equivalent with white and red ... save$$ on electric and heat...this particular light =<4200K + my others at 3200K...I have a pure red Led to further promote flowers... infrared just burns it( oils) up...imagine going to physical therapy and getting IR treatment...deep penatration...
plants are very sensitive...
Peace
cw...

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
Yes HPS for flowers depending on length of production, but quality of oils/ trichomes is the real product...
yes it bulks up flowers but that's it... share and compare...
Peace
cw

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I have a buddy swapping out 15x 1k gavita de for 20x 630 vanquish cmh. I'm trying to get him to stuff more in there.

chillywilly

chillywilly

I think the bulb I liked was the Agrosun Gold my... I've used Sunmaster for years with great success, but Agrosun Gold was much better than Sunmaster... though now the led is proving itself with avg 50,000 hr life, cooler room, $aving$, no ballasts to lug around or bulbs to bust, little to no maintenance, what could you ask for? I'm still keeping my two MH systems...l have to say that the super grow led system is by far the best of lightning I've seen yet with a cost of $850 for the 250 w for the unit...this shit is the bomb...
cw

H

hawkman

Greetings,
Yes HPS for flowers depending on length of production, but quality of oils/ trichomes is the real product...
yes it bulks up flowers but that's it... share and compare...
Peace
cw
if you want better terpene and essential oils grow with an LED system (that is because of the PAR vaslue)

chillywilly

chillywilly

Correct Sir...
Been using since '14 and I'm very impressed with the unit, bought for experimentation, rather expensive and American made , top quality components that are well made...you can check their site they sell seeds too...no cartoon colors...
cw

Top Bottom