hr's Mosca Fly Pack test

• Thread starter highroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Ok then....as promised, a test of Mosca's Fly Pack. I received these a couple days ago and dropped 8 of them into Rapid Rooters today. So, the magic date is 8/25.
I'll be growing them with my usual MO...a peat based soiless mix with added compost, worm castings and perlite. I'll be using Pura Vida, and the tea mix from the Guano Company, with a few supplements I'll ID as I use them. Mostly things like Bio Heaven, PK 13/14, Voodoo Juice, and molasses.
It's my understanding that the Fly Pack is a mix of C99 BX1 and Sonic Fly. I don't know which is which, but perhaps it will become evident to Mosca's eye. With any luck I'll get a good female/male ratio of each.
As an added bonus I also dropped 3 Tsi Fly which I purchased. I'll report on their growth along with the tester pack. So three Mosca C99 strains in one log.
Thanks for the opportunity to test your genetics Mosca. I'm hopin to do them right. Wish me luck. :smiley_joint:

B

baggins

I have a pack of the tsi fly. I am interested in their yield. They couldn't be in better hands. Taggin' along on this one.

M

Mosca Negra

Breeder
Supporter
Great to hear HighRoller! Looking forward to seeing your Skillz at work...

Bring it on!!

Mosca

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks Mosca...I'll do my best to get it done right. :smiley_joint:
I got out of work early today to get some ink done this afternoon and gave a quick look at them. Several of them cleared the Rapid Rooters and are shedding their shells. I'll transplant tonight into soil and do an update with pics tomorrow when I do the Karma update.
See you then. :character0201:

E

easypleasie

hey highroller, i'll be following along with you on this one. I popped Mosca's c99 bx-1 about 3 weeks ago. They have some really tough shells on them. Can't wait to watch yours grow up along side mine.

T

thc4sim

Great Stuff!!
lookin' forward to seeing mosca's new stuff grown out!!

niceOne Highroller! :smiley_joint:

hey mosca hope all is well bro!, ive been quiet for a while...

M

Mosca Negra

Breeder
Supporter
Hey THC4SIM! How the Hell have ya been Mate??? Good to see ya around! I will shoot ya a PM so we can catch up!!

Cheers!

jimih

jimih

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi Highroller, I just started 4 seeds out of a Fly pk. in rappid rooters.a couple days ago also..4/4 poped within 48hrs. with no scuffing...i transplanted in a soil/perlite mix yesteday..I looked at my 10 beans..and tried to see if i could notice some diferences. i noticed 5 were a tad smaller with a slight brownish amber tint..so i tried 2 smaller beans and 2 bigger beans, i marked each to see if there is a diference just for kicks...Good growing to ya...Jimi

M

Mosca Negra

Breeder
Supporter
"her sista will".. Good work Jimi!! Got any shots? "scuse me while I kiss the sky" (guitar riff).

Mosca

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Hello...welcome to all those that are along for the ride. It'll be good to compare notes and pics. Feel free to contribute what you have.
@jimih...I never thought to compare the seed. Good idea tho and I'm regretting overlookin that, but I figure I planted 8 of the 10 so I should have a good representation of the mix. Jimi with Band of Gypsys was always my favorite.
@ easypleasie...they all shucked their shells proper. Not a one had a problem so I guess I lucked out. I've never skuffed a seed in my life, and occasionally I run into problems.
Thanks for stoppin in thc4sim...your comments are always welcome.
Mosca...well...thanks for the shot brother.

On to the journal. Not much to say or show at this point. All 8 seeds germed successfully cleared the RR's and were transplanted into soiless mix and watered in yesterday. So 48 hours....100% germination. On a side note all the Tsi Fly popped as well and were given the same treatment. Damn fine seed so far.

A few random pics to show you their progress.

Mosca Test 002
Mosca Test 006
Mosca Test 007
Mosca Test 009
Mosca Test 011
Mosca Test 012
jimih

jimih

Premium Member
Supporter
Lookin good H.R, Thanks Mosca,,heres a few mug shots. Jimi

100 2487
100 2493
100 2495
100 2497
H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Update...Day 11 from seed. All are doing well with the exception of #7 which I lost to damping off. Not much to say other than that at this point. Happy little seedlings. :)
A few odd pics that represent the lot of them.

Mosca1
Mosca2
Mosca3
Mosca4
Mosca5
H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi ho...an update at day 21. Subtract a couple days for germing for actual growth. A correction...the plant lost to damping off was plant #3, not #7.
With that said, all the others are doing well. A little droopy at the time of the photo shoot cause they had just been watered and it was close to the end of the day. But, trust me, they look great in the morning when I visit with them before going to work. :flower
Still getting plain water to this point. I'll start a mild fertilization next watering. Looks to be a couple of different type of plants here. The test pack was a mix pack so it's not a phenotypical difference. Dunno which is which, but one definately has a longer leaf with more rounded serrations and the other shorter, wider leaves with sharper serrations. Also a couple are showing some variegation in the leaves. It appears to me to be a genetic trait rather than an environmentally caused disorder.
Also along for the ride are 3 Tsi Fly seedlings that I planted at the same time. Also doing well.
Can't wait for them all to get enough leaf mass to where they start taking off. I love that point. :character0103:
Mosca...what kind of stretch can I expect from these? This is usually about the time I top stretchers. There's no way I'm gonna get caught off guard like I did with the SSSDH x Jack Herrer #22 I'm testing. Geebus! Top or no top here?
A side and top pic of each. Not much to see now, but use your imagination.... :)

Mosca  9 15 002
Mosca  9 15 003
Mosca  9 15 004
Mosca  9 15 005
Mosca  9 15 006
Mosca  9 15 007
Mosca  9 15 008
Mosca  9 15 009
Mosca  9 15 010
Mosca  9 15 011
Mosca  9 15 012
Mosca  9 15 013
Mosca  9 15 014
Mosca  9 15 015
Mosca  9 15 016
Mosca  9 15 017
Mosca  9 15 018
Mosca  9 15 019
Mosca  9 15 020
Mosca  9 15 021
jimih

jimih

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey H.R Looking real good man..Good eye..I noticed the sharper serations also,,so i think i got some Fly and c99:)...Ill post some more pics if you want,,I sholdve asked ya first before i posted my pics,didnt mean to hijack your post..caint wait to see thease in flower....keep us posted... Jimi

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
looking good bro. im gonna be watching this one play out.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah man...hey guys...
@ jimih...post away dude. Unless of course they start looking way better than mine...lol! Seriously though, don't worry about it...the more the merrier.:rauch08: I'm hopin to get some of the BX1 too. Actually, I was really wantin to grow the F1 but some greedy postal worker snagged the pack I paid for. Sonabitch. :middlefinger
But the BX1 should give a very similar result.
@ kid... your BX1 are lookin really good. Any sex on those yet? Can't wait till we're all in flower. I'm expecting big things from these.
Do either of you guys...or anyone else for that matter, know what to expect as far as preflower stretch goes?

edited to add...I got my lazy ass over to the strain description thread and found that they are not stretchers, but smaller branching plants. Fine by me. :anim_19:

E

easypleasie

Your little ones are looking good!

I had the same question about the stretching. I'll check out that thread for sure! Might be able to answer a few questions I had for Mosca. I just transplanted mine into 5 gallon buckets so things should start happening now!

jimih

jimih

Premium Member
Supporter
I just Transplanted in 3#gal growbags..All 4 had great root structure..heres a few pics...Jimi

100 2566
100 2565
100 2564
100 2560
xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sup high i am gonna have to guess that from those last pics plant 5 is cindy. i have 2 that are growing just like that. and they both put out that extra one little leaf blade like that also. and if you look at jimies plant you will see 2 of them also same way

Top Bottom