Human Feces as Cannabis Nutrients!

• Thread starter motta-tokka
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Would you consider using human feces for nutrients?

• Yes!

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • No!

Votes: 37 68.5%
  • I use this currently to feed my ladies.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I run chemical ferts.

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
dextr0

dextr0

Hey Sea,
yea i posted so that people could better understand what they are doing. In reality i know that most of us are looking for a cheaper and/or better way to grow. Fertilizer companys make a killing (and killing our pockets) with things that are readily avaliable to most, minus the know how. As i have been a member of countless forums i always see this question popping up. Though i have no qualms discussing the subject, i really have a very weak stomach. Making my FPE's are bad enough sometimes. That doesnt mean that others are alike though. So I just try to stay "adult" about it and insure that if someone does go out and try it that they have the right info so they dont harm themselves or others.

B-easy,
deX

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

There use to be a group of hippy chicks in Humboldt that would use their tampons as "teabags" in their res and compost teas.. Blood is very rich in nutrient hence blood meal.. Still pretty nasty tho..

B

BUDOGHI

If you have a composting toilet the material you get at the end of the process would be safe to use but not green shit danger think hepatitis

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

This has got to be the grossest thread on these forums ever. Even if human crap does work why would anyone want to go thru the process of dealing with it instead of using....... ummmmmmm, I don't know..... something that's NOT human crap?

And the period tea bags almost made me puke.

the space ship comment had me rollin' though.

motta-tokka

motta-tokka

Ever heard of guano? People have been playing with poop without realizing it maybe. Aquashield, and many additives are derived from poops.

COCOLOCO

COCOLOCO

This has got to be the grossest thread on these forums ever. Even if human crap does work why would anyone want to go thru the process of dealing with it instead of using....... ummmmmmm, I don't know..... something that's NOT human crap?

And the period tea bags almost made me puke.

the space ship comment had me rollin' though.

LOL... Agreed.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Ever heard of guano? People have been playing with poop without realizing it maybe. Aquashield, and many additives are derived from poops.

Yeah but there is a huge difference between bat, seabird, cow, chicken or worm crap than a carnivorous mammal's crap. Not to mention even the raw forms of the excrement additives we use are still nasty to deal with (except for maybe worm castings). The only way I can stand to deal with them is after they have been processed into usable soil additives. Since there is no company that makes human waste compost that means you'd have to do the poop collecting, and bacterial breakdown yourself. I'm not trying to play with my poop any time soon.

click80

click80

good way to get worms...among other things

we cannot tolerate human excrement in any way for growing crops...in underdeveloped countries that do use this as fert have any number of illnesses that we never see in the USA. This is from a 2008 Natnl Geo.

Human Waste Used by 200 Million Farmers, Study Says
Tasha Eichenseher in Stockholm, Sweden
for National Geographic News
August 21, 2008

Facing water shortages and escalating fertilizer costs, farmers in developing countries are using raw sewage to irrigate and fertilize nearly 49 million acres (20 million hectares) of cropland, according to a new report—and it may not be a bad thing.

While the practice carries serious health risks for many, those dangers are eclipsed by the social and economic gains for poor urban farmers and consumers who need affordable food, the study authors say.

River Runs Red With Pollution in China, Report Says (November 7, 2007)
Nearly 200 million farmers in China, India, Vietnam, sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America harvest grains and vegetables from fields that use untreated human waste.

Ten percent of the world's population relies on such foods, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

"There is a large potential for wastewater agriculture to both help and hurt great numbers of urban consumers," said Liqa Raschid-Sally, who led the study published by the Sri Lanka-based International Water Management Institute (IWMI) and released this week at the World Water Week conference in Stockholm, Sweden.

Health Risks

The report focused on poor urban areas, where farms in or near cities supply relatively inexpensive food. Most of these operations draw irrigation water from local rivers or lakes. Unlike developed cities, however, these areas lack advanced water-treatment facilities, and rivers effectively become sewers.

When this water is used for agricultural irrigation, farmers risk absorbing disease-causing bacteria, as do consumers who eat the produce raw and unwashed. Nearly 2.2 million people die each year because of diarrhea-related diseases, including cholera, according to WHO statistics. More than 80 percent of those cases can be attributed to contact with contaminated water and a lack of proper sanitation. But Pay Drechsel, an IWMI environmental scientist, argues that the social and economic benefits of using untreated human waste to grow food outweigh the health risks.

MileHighChic

MileHighChic

Ewww..that is just nasty! I can just imagine some growers scooping up their turds with a spatula from the toilet and then mixing it around to use as fertilizer. Who the hell wants to play with their own poop? lol

Sexyben

Sexyben

The stuff works really, really good but you have to know how to deal with it.

You don't use it raw to begin with, you need to compost it for a year at least, but that's not all. To compost it properly you need to give it plenty of carbon . As long as you do that it will decompose nicely .

For those of you who don't quite get it let me set you straight once and for all. I shit in a bucket. I try not to piss in there too often but a little doesn't hurt anything either ( alot does) .

Every time I make.my deposit, I like to find a material on hand to cover the job up , keeps the flys off of it and keeps the smell entirely at bay this way.

I like to alternate between different materials for covering it up. The best materials I have on hand are peat moss harvested from my back yard, rotten wood and wood bark, banana peels and other veggie wastes, hard wood char, hay ( rotten or not, or containing other animal manure) , sometimes a little bit of garden soil, paper shavings, rabbit shit, goat /sheep shit . Etc. Basically anything thay has a high enough carbon and low enough nitrogen , that can break down quickly enough, is a potential candidate for this.

Let me assure you, my shit buckets never ever stink.

When one shit bucket gets close enough to beING full , I add a thick layer of whatever material I'm using and I put it aside in my human manure bucket designated area, here several buckets will sit over a long period of time to rest and decay all on their own.

Eventually, I run out of fresh buckets to use and have a few ready to add to a compost pile. So at this phase, you start again with more.carbon. this is when I grab a whole bunch of hay , or used hay from animals like sheep and goats that will.also have the urine and poop in it ( perfect) . So I'll make a pile of the hay or animal bedding whatever, ( the bigger the better) then dump the poop buckets on top of all that. And again cover it all up again with more of whatever high carbon material as discussed earlier is on hand... note I also like to add alot of oyster shell at this point and any other soil additives I wish to rot into the mix...

A year later. This is a kick ass compost pile that shrunk down like you wouldn't believe. You can scrape up this black compost and feed it to your plants. Things like pumpkins and tomatoes thrive in the stuff.

But, you don't have to stop there. You can feed the compost to your worms now and turn all that to worm castings and then you have the best fertilizer you can ask for.

Or, why stop there?? You can put some biochar into a bucket, and a bunch of either the humanure mix or the worm castings ( or both) ( or anything else for that matter ) . Put some water in the bucket and mix it up a bit then let the sit for a while until the water dries up mostly. Then you have activated biochar which will stay fertile for 16 000 years and will never leach any of that fertilizer away to anything but a root that wants it. .. how far.you go with it is up to you. I can say from personal experiences that it works really well if you do it the way I do. .

But I really cringe at the thought of some dummy ruining a.perfectly good spatula. Or running raw sewage through any plant meant for consumption. Gag. Do.it.right.
Ben

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

I have heard of this. An old time grower that I have admired years for his outdoor growing skills told me the best, biggest and dankest plants he has ever grown was planted right in his leach field in his backyard.

Although this may work great I don't know if I personally could smoke my plants knowing that they were grown in human excrement
Leach field ?

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Leach field ?
Runoff lines from a septic tank. Probably would work real good because the waist has been decomposed back into the soil by the time it is realeasing nutrients at the top soil. Remember your leach field is 3-5 feet deep. When you look at the grass on top of a leach field it is always greener then the grass around it and grows much quicker. Something interesting to try.

FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

Runoff lines from a septic tank. Probably would work real good because the waist has been decomposed back into the soil by the time it is realeasing nutrients at the top soil. Remember your leach field is 3-5 feet deep. When you look at the grass on top of a leach field it is always greener then the grass around it and grows much quicker. Something interesting to try.
Oh okay I actually just watched a tv show of some home steaders in alaska who were diggin a hole for a septic tank & they had a pipe that went straight the. Opened up in a " T " shape for the sewage to drain evenly over a layer of rocks. I did t know it could help with farming that is awesome

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The thing is, because we're talking about feces here, they absolutely *must* be composted in order to be safely used on anything intended for human consumption. Gotta keep that in mind. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom