Humboldt Express

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
homebrew420

homebrew420

hey all I started 12 of HEx on June 28 under a T5 in 2" pots..o know really small. after a week they went outside during the day and under a 600w at night during light for Master kush flowers. under about 22 hours of light at 5000' in northern CO. 6 to 9" with tight internodal distance, super vigorous, some show purpling at the growing tips, it fades as they grow but interesting. VERY uniform all but 2 are nearly identicle. Two phenos noted the bush and pole. Interesting smells in veg, ranging from skunky to mint to not much at all. impressed so far. Of 12 11 made it this far oe got mold of some kind died back to the cotyledons and grew another stem! 2 confirmed female and 5 males, no signs on others. so I will get picts up when it is light again These really look amazing. not even floweing and I am very impressed. oh and these were freebies when I ordered Magic Merlins. Thank you very much.

homebrew420

homebrew420

here are some picts

All the ones lying down are male, between 6-10" tall stout bushes, all have nice branching even the taller ones. The 2 in white bags are female, the others are unknown. you can see the tiny one in the macro, the dead little dried up peice on the cotyledon. That use to be the main growing shoot, it died back due to some type of mold. DIDN'T stop it though. nice. Like I said this is one monthe of almost 24 hours of light half of wich is provided by the sun. They aer all grown in a coir and perlite about 80/20 mix. With added Plantone organic 5-3-3 and Rainbow Bloom 1-10-2 w/Myco. The mix is let to sit for a day or two before planting using. The hope is that the bacteria and myco start their inoculation, a lot of heat produced over a day or 2. Very Pleased with these MR. Goat! Thanks again.

Meds HEx 001
Meds HEx 002
Meds HEx 005
homebrew420

homebrew420

Yep these things are going like gang busters. The coloration on the growing tips is making me hopefull as well. I do love colorful herb. One lesson I learned was even if one has a die back to the cotyledons give it just a little time and tlc to see what happens. Not to count it out. Thanks for checking it out True Grit.

L

luvinlife

For sure HB420 them humboldts are looking healthy as hell......very nice

homebrew420

homebrew420

The few that have now shone, one more, will go under the lights at noght for another week. then flowered. Not before I take cuttings of course. I do plan to make F2s and Magic merlin crossed seeds. Lets hope. I will be posting picts on a weekly basis. All aboard The Humboldt Express!!

Peace love and french fries

G

gogetta

got my seabelt on homebrew...lets ride..lol..u have any experience with the merlin yet?

homebrew420

homebrew420

got my seabelt on homebrew...lets ride..lol..u have any experience with the merlin yet?

Nope, 1st run on them both. Plan to do a grow jornal for the Merlins in the Outlaw forum. night time temps dropped to 52 F last night. a bit cooler than normal but they are showing a good deal of red and purple on the tip. The smell is getting stronger from a few individuals.

homebrew420

homebrew420

New picts

So the ones on the left are male, Middle are unknowns, and the right are female. took 4 cuttings from each. The seed plants will then be placed in flower. They all smell alike some stronger than others of course, But the male closest to the bucket is so thick and stinky it was a keeper either sex. Out doors the females that have shown sex are really starting to flower under about 15 hours of daylight.

P8030005
P8030006
H

hoki2test

:smokeThey all look very healthy bro,good luck and thankz for sharing:smoke

T

Tripples

They look lovely and healthy - What sort of latitude are you at?

homebrew420

homebrew420

Lat here in Fort Collins, is 40.56, and we are at 4950ish feet above sea level.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Morning,

Plants looking mighty fine. Doing a outstanding job with them. Wait till they start budding out on you. Your going to be one happy camper for sure. I'm curious to these myself. Since these are a new F1 cross. I'm wondering the effect they will have with each other. You should be very happy with them. The Humboldt #4 is a very nice plants and I'm hoping you get one of these pheno or more on that side of the spectrum. Guess will see in a few weeks.

Thanks for sharing the info. Love the pictures. take care and good luck.
Later,
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

Was hoping you would stop in Billygoat. Thanks. They are so strong, no pests either. Smell is without description. They go into flower tonight.

T

Tripples

Wow they're getting lots of light, sn and hps, and fluoro - thats got to be good for them.

I read in order to keep a mother alive for up to 20 years, its a good idea to let her sunbathe once a year for optimal health, so these HE should do very well.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Hey tripples thanks for the kind words. They are under just hps now and will be for the duration now. As the cutting take root they will definately sunbathe whenever possible. Such a difference in overall vigour when given as much sunlight as possible. The two males being used are AMAZING. Using two to help with long term stability and to keep the gene pool larger and a little less inbred. Peace

T

Tripples

Good idea, I've been reading about inbreeding depression and bottlenecking recently.

I plan to make some OE f3s if I get a female out of the 5 I popped (still got 5 and gave 5 away)

I havent even tried it yet, but reading about the E32 Arcata Trainwreck and the pure Thai male have me thinking these are something special. :joint:

homebrew420

homebrew420

So I have a total of 4 females, taken 4 cutts off 3 the other is still going to veg a week. then take 4-6 cuttings depending. Both a friend and I were catching notes of ginger over a deep rich earthy/mulch smell. Cooool. very different.that smell was dominant but there are some, male and female, that had a sweeter aroma. All have been fimmed in the 1st week of flower get pict tomorrow.

T

Tripples

Cool 4 girls is great :)

I have a Blueberry x PPP that smells of Ginger too :)

homebrew420

homebrew420

Picture Update

Here we are just transplanted the two stockyest into 3.5 gal grow bags. Mix 70/20/10; coir, perlite, sphagnum, infused with rainbow Grow(just a little) and Bloom. Will try not to feed much at all, we will see. The two on the left and middle top. The others are Magic Merlin.

Top Bottom