Humboldt Express

• Thread starter homebrew420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billygoat

Billygoat

Here we are just transplanted the two stockyest into 3.5 gal grow bags. Mix 70/20/10; coir, perlite, sphagnum, infused with rainbow Grow(just a little) and Bloom. Will try not to feed much at all, we will see. The two on the left and middle top. The others are Magic Merlin.

Glad to see things are moving along nicely. Sorry, I haven't been around much. Been working allot and getting ready for another seed harvest and starting another pollen rotation. Thing are busy for sure.

Very nice to see these plants are doing well and looking awesome. Can't wait to see what they do when they start budding out. Best of luck to you and let me know if you need anything. Can't wait to see more. Thanks for sharing and the support.
Good Night,
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

Update...finally

Ok so it has been some time since I have been on the site. Kids with school life you all know the game... Let me just start off with WOW Mr. Goat. some lovely plants you have created! My HEx #3 is the sweetest smelling cannabis plant I have ever come across. To me it smells of gummi lifesavers, almost sickly sweet. My friend says bubblegum. looks as though its going to flower big too. I have another at the same time periood, not so smelly but big. Internode spacing is the same on every branch on both plants, and even the males I plan to use. One of the male switched from alternate leaves to a whorled pattern, i.e.; three leaves per node. In the picts bottom and left are the 2 HEx. The ginger smell reffed to earlir has gone mostly. The "Dieback" is now in the flower room(no picts). Very pleased. Sorry cant seem to upload I will try again later

Billygoat

Billygoat

Sounds like you ran across a pheno of the mother. The mother of HE is Humboldt #4. Man, I think it's a bubblegum but I don't think it is. It's been around for a long time and I still can't get the back ground on this girl. It smells like some candy type bubblegum. Very nice smell, but will fade off towards the end of flowering. It will change as the buds dry to a more sweet over all odar. Very nice smoke and patient smell to like her.

I got a female seeded up nicely and will get more seeds out. I think people are going to be very happy with this cross. I've got some high hopes for it. Congrat's on your grow. Can't wait to see and hear more. Sounds like you got a very nice bunch. Thanks for sharing and take care.
Later,
BG

jimih

jimih

Premium Member
Supporter
Anyone have any flower pics??? Sounds real nice homebrew...I have some TrainWreck seed that are not germing..i might have to replace them with some Humbolt Express.

homebrew420

homebrew420

The males all look the same, smell the same. One smells of burnt something very strange, never showed sings of sex until 3 weeks under 24 hr of MH. Srange. The males are just now flowering. And one went hermaphrodite after ta week of flower. I plan now to use the burnt smelling and triple node male for F2s of this strain. Just put another female into flower. Will get picts as soon as I can Keeps telling me upload failed. I will keep trying. Peace

Billy I hope you are wrong about the fading of the smell...its amazing.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Evening homebrew420,

anything is possible. We are talking about the mother of this cross. That does leave what the male genes does to this cross and your pheno. I'm hoping for you, but with the mother "Humboldt#4" she looses that super nice sweet bubblegum candy smell. Now, It does change and I never got around to curing any. It might just change during the drying process, but i can't say totally to some proper cured buds.

It never last more then a week if that. So, I can't say for sure. I can offer this though. I've got a seeded mother going now. I'll set a side a seeded bud and cure it for some time and see what happens. I know what your saying. It's a awesome smell, but with the mother. I goes away towards the end.

You posted you had a hermaphrodite. Was this a male going over to a female or was it the normal female with balls? I would like to know more on this. If you don't mind. I'm always curious if there is a problem and I can do something to sort it out. This is the only way to deal with any issues. Correct them so there aren't any issues down the line. Would like to hear more. Thanks for the info and sharing it with us all. Good luck with the rest of the grow.
Take care,
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

Good morning all. In regards to the hermi, if I remember correctly it was within the first week of flower, very early into flowering at the least. I would say that though it showed sex as a female it was probably a true hermi. The only reason I say that is ; 1, the fact it was so early in flower to show, and 2, because nothing else even hesitated in terms of vigor or deficiencies. Again BG I an super excited to see what these ladies will do. Just as a note there will most likely 2 males used to create F2's. One is the "whorled " and the other smells of burnt..rubber or something. VERY interesting. Thanks for the quick feedback BG. That's always nice. The smell has already changed slightly on the #3 and the #5 is now picking up the sweet goodness. Thanks again.

darksideX

darksideX

heyho homebrew..would luv to see some shoz of ur gals..u know as a friend of mine said.. some of us are pic whores here :giggle
all the best on the rest of ur grow!

Billygoat

Billygoat

Good morning all. In regards to the hermi, if I remember correctly it was within the first week of flower, very early into flowering at the least. I would say that though it showed sex as a female it was probably a true hermi. The only reason I say that is ; 1, the fact it was so early in flower to show, and 2, because nothing else even hesitated in terms of vigor or deficiencies. Again BG I an super excited to see what these ladies will do. Just as a note there will most likely 2 males used to create F2's. One is the "whorled " and the other smells of burnt..rubber or something. VERY interesting. Thanks for the quick feedback BG. That's always nice. The smell has already changed slightly on the #3 and the #5 is now picking up the sweet goodness. Thanks again.

I'm a little confused here. Grand it I'm tired from work, but did your plant start showing signs of sacks? If your judging the quick flowering as a sign of being a hermaphrodite. I would have to disagree with you. The arcata wreck that i use will show signs of sex within a couple of days

I hear where your coming from, but I would have let the plant go long and see if it was just a fast flowering pheno. Just what I think and would have done, but I agree with. "Better safe, then sorry."

Glad to hear your happy and can't wait to see the rest of them. Now, don't go chopping anymore plants till there done, or show balls. lol jokin
Take care,
BG

PS, I agree with Dark. Let's see some pictures.

homebrew420

homebrew420

Well BG the said hermi was showing female flowers and after a week in the flower room is when I saw one full set of male flowers. Seemed to be a fluke. As there has not been any other issues to speak of. All females showed fairly fast I thought. Everyone who has seen or smelled these ladies are VERY interested as well. As for the "better safe..." I recently had experience with a hermi, it kind of sucked. so I have decided to lose anything that shows any kind of sex reversal. I will and would recomend this strain to anyone so far.

Still can not upload...inform admin. Sorry folks.

Billygoat

Billygoat

Well BG the said hermi was showing female flowers and after a week in the flower room is when I saw one full set of male flowers. Seemed to be a fluke. As there has not been any other issues to speak of. All females showed fairly fast I thought. Everyone who has seen or smelled these ladies are VERY interested as well. As for the "better safe..." I recently had experience with a hermi, it kind of sucked. so I have decided to lose anything that shows any kind of sex reversal. I will and would recomend this strain to anyone so far.

Still can not upload...inform admin. Sorry folks.

Morning and thanks for the info. Just getting data to make sure their aren't any issues. I've got another seeds batch going now. Used a different male and will see where that leads us on that batch.

Glad you noticed the hermi. Not goating you, just must have missed read your post. I'm not like another seed maker or breeder. That will go off on your condition and light leaks, lolol. Just get all the info from anyone growing any of my seeds. To make them the best I can possible do. That's the name of the game. Make the best possible product and keep the grower's more then happy.

Glad to hear the others are doing fine. Nice to hear others are getting a good smell of them. I hope you end up with some very special. Sorry, for the one Hermi. Will see if this other father get's that trail down to a zero.

Thanks again for the info. Hope the rest of the grow goes well for you. Got to love that smell. I've got some really dried OE seeded buds I'm harvesting seeds from. Boy, is it super spicey stink :)
take care,
BG

homebrew420

homebrew420

sounds great BG. Yeah I actually still have a cutting from the hermi. It is growing outdoors... you know it's a little strange.I was going to give them to anyone that wanted one, so I drove around all day with these tiny rooted clones in a hot car. They never even wilted, all they were in was their oasis cubes. After two days in the car, obviously didn't care about them at that point, they were all still going strong! You can't kill these things!!! Soooo, I figured something this tough is worth another shot, outdoors. Have an F-13 next to it. So if it is stable I will take cuts from her/it. Far enough away from my harem to make me comfortable. I will keep you updated. Always a pleasure hearing from the breeder, thanks.

Again sorry about the lack of photos. server thing, i believe.

Billygoat

Billygoat

sounds like you put that cut through allot. Glad to hear things are going well. I'm always open to everyone's opion and info. Thanks for sharing it with us. Glad to see your on top of things. Can't wait to see them towards the end. I'm sure your going to be very happy in the end.
Take care,
BG

Top Bottom