HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
wow. dont even know what to say. incredible.

ok please help me with this... when i was living in minneapolis all we got was outdoor from cali/oregon, it was B grade at best, but it was still dank for mpls.
now living in cali everyone seems to be all about the indoor and it seems outdoor isnt as good (b grade), generally goes for like 2000/lb compared to 3-3300/lb of indoor. but recently i got meds from Northstone Organics and there outdoor crop was some of the best looking and tasting herb ive seen in cali, easily competes with top indoor. so sugary and crystaly like your buds looks...
is outdoor just harder to master to produce A+ meds? or by the time it gets to mpls its been through so many hands its not the same?
or are the types of grows that ship these tons of outdoor to other states arnte about quality but simply quantity?

Great question. I have had patients complain that though the smoke is great the bud "looks" bad. Patients are seemingly only interested in hard solid nugs? I don't get it because it seems that it wouldn't matter as all looks similar after the grinder, you know? So many cali patients are fixated on how buds look. Then I wondered why a gram of hash is say $20 though it takes say an eighth to produce. Why isn't hash priced by the weight it takes to produce it? It is more labor intensive and concentrated. Why the same price? Not sure why patients aren't looking past nug density. Its like complaining that asprin isn't white enough. Not relevant to the final product. Eh rant over lol.

Great thread HL!

Crom

aleYarok

aleYarok

Great question. I have had patients complain that though the smoke is great the bud "looks" bad. Patients are seemingly only interested in hard solid nugs? I don't get it because it seems that it wouldn't matter as all looks similar after the grinder, you know? So many cali patients are fixated on how buds look. Then I wondered why a gram of hash is say $20 though it takes say an eighth to produce. Why isn't hash priced by the weight it takes to produce it? It is more labor intensive and concentrated. Why the same price? Not sure why patients aren't looking past nug density. Its like complaining that asprin isn't white enough. Not relevant to the final product. Eh rant over lol.

Great thread HL!

Crom

like I said the outdoor buds from northstone organics where just as frosty and pretty as indoor. it was also equivalent in high. the normal outdoor i get doesn't look as pretty because its simply not as frosty and doesn't hit as hard as the top indoor.

also i dont really see the relevance in fluffy vs dense as this is plants genetics (yes also has to do with environment but i believe its mostly genetics, sativa fluffy, indica dense) ive seen fluffy indoor and fluffy outdoor, ive seen dense indoor and dense outdoor.

also ive never seen hash for 20/g at the same place that has bud for 20/g... the places that ive seen that have hash for 20 have Os of bud for ~200-275

H

humboldtlocal

Beautiful clouds today
IMG 6760

IMG 6762

IMG 6749

IMG 6776

IMG 6779

IMG 6775

IMG 6781

IMG 6782

IMG 6783

IMG 6784

IMG 6785

IMG 6790

IMG 6791

IMG 6792

IMG 6793

IMG 6794

IMG 6796

IMG 6802

IMG 6803

IMG 6804

IMG 6805

IMG 6808

IMG 6810

IMG 6812

IMG 6825

IMG 6821

IMG 6820

IMG 6816

IMG 6815

IMG 6813

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
just thought about that.. its proabably close to 1/2 tonne? :)

H

happyinmendo

Your gonna kill it! Good idea on using the greenhouse for the hortinova.

D

dorkvan420

going to hijack for a sec

Beautiful ladies as usual and not like you need anyone to tell you that......so anyways on to hijacking this thread for a second....Have any friends into or have built any strawbale homes?Im interested in getting more 1st hand info...and want to chew someones ear off that has actually completed or is in the midst of......should have pm'd this sorry everyone, especially HL!!!!
I dot need to meet anyone or anything like that, unless they wanted, but we are looking into building our home as green as possible, and will be using lumber from the felled trees/already downed trees and so on...just looking for real world experience and knowledge...again any help is cool and know you guys are widely versed in green living in your areas!!!!Multiple colors and versions of green!!!!

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Great update HL! I love seeing the photo updates from you! Hey do you battle with caterpillars? What do you use to deal with them or prevent them? Also what strain is the one with the beautiful pink pistils?

Loving your work

Crom

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
like I said the outdoor buds from northstone organics where just as frosty and pretty as indoor. it was also equivalent in high. the normal outdoor i get doesn't look as pretty because its simply not as frosty and doesn't hit as hard as the top indoor.

also i don't really see the relevance in fluffy vs dense as this is plants genetics (yes also has to do with environment but i believe its mostly genetics, sativa fluffy, indica dense) ive seen fluffy indoor and fluffy outdoor, ive seen dense indoor and dense outdoor.

also ive never seen hash for 20/g at the same place that has bud for 20/g... the places that ive seen that have hash for 20 have Os of bud for ~200-275

What up aleYarok? I wasn't answering your question I was adding to it. As far as genetics lending to the density I'm not sure it is the main issue. I have grown the same strain indoor and outdoor and the bud structure is different. I get hard nugs indoor and I get a different fluffier nug outdoor. Now the temps might have lead to this since we had a few hot days. The hash thing was just another comment toward the strangeness I see at co ops. I wanted to produce a bunch of concentrates, but I wasn't seeing it being worth it. I get grams of hash for $20 donation at a couple places. This is bubble, jelly, or just plain 'ol hash. Maybe $20 is a good price? eh whatev.

Crom

Illmind

Illmind

Damn I love humboldt CO. The scenery is always amazing the nugs are always amazing. And from the looks of it you aren't doing to bad yourself. hehe. Beautiful grow and photos, you are talented at both just the same. Props man, I see a lot of work put in there so big up.

aleYarok

aleYarok

What up aleYarok? I wasn't answering your question I was adding to it. As far as genetics lending to the density I'm not sure it is the main issue. I have grown the same strain indoor and outdoor and the bud structure is different. I get hard nugs indoor and I get a different fluffier nug outdoor. Now the temps might have lead to this since we had a few hot days. The hash thing was just another comment toward the strangeness I see at co ops. I wanted to produce a bunch of concentrates, but I wasn't seeing it being worth it. I get grams of hash for $20 donation at a couple places. This is bubble, jelly, or just plain 'ol hash. Maybe $20 is a good price? eh whatev.

Crom

damnnn youre getting full melt bubble for 20/g! hah youre right if i could get that i wouldnt buy bud anymore. in the bay area at dispensaries the cheapest full melt ive seen was 35, super melt is 50-60

sorry for hijacking your thread HL, just trying to find out why there is so much B grade outdoor... GOD DAMN your plants are looking sooo good! better and better each week.

persiankid

persiankid

HL, first and foremost I've read your entire thread and I am blown away by it. Much respect! I want to thank you for your amazing thread and willingness to share your abundance of knowledge with the Farm. Second, I could not agree more with you in regards to "big business" or the "wal-mart" issues that are slowly poisoning the cannabis movement.

I am in the process of putting together a MMJ based Holistic center in Washington state. I saw a few posts where you spoke of your collective's storefront and others..I was very intrigued by what you had to say about them. (the one with the nutritionist greeting you at the door with organic fruit salad) The problem in Washington is the same as anywhere else it seems. Too many people with collectives claiming to be a bunch of things that they are not. The biggest issue IMO is collectives saying they are compassionate and for the people and not for the money. Anyone who says that money is absolutely of no interest to them has to be, to some extent full of it...again that's just my opinion. There are always bills to pay, i'm not talking about personal bills im talking about bills for the collective. A few other growers and myself are putting together this spot and so far this is what we've got for a basic outline on how things are going to go down, I was hoping I could get your opinion on it. The basic idea is to be making enough money to sustain a comfortable living say around 60k a year. We figure we should be able to easily provide that for us and our families from our gardens a lone and leave all of the proceeds that come from our collective store front to be donated to multiple different organizations for example foundations for HIV, Cancer, Crones, etc.. etc.. what do you think? It goes more in depth but this post is already so long winded that i feel bad continuing to write about it.

The novel aside I guess this thread gave me a lot of respect for your growing skills and more so your personality and stance on community and the cannabis movement as a whole. We're looking to establish a compassionate organization for the people and patients in Washington and I believe we could use the opinions of a farmer like yourself if you're willing to provide them. Thanks again, happy growing, stay real
Peace!
PK

waayne

waayne

Man those girl's are lookin beautiful!
Happy harvest bro!:harvest:

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Amazing! nice photos, looks like your having a productive summer.

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

yeshhhhhhhh its about to be that time sooon cant wait to see these baybeess once theyre dried and cured

persiankid

persiankid

HL Thanks bro! Appreciate it! The girls are looking beautiful!! I've always wanted to grow something with that pinkish color! amazing!

Latest posts

Top Bottom