HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mr roboto

mr roboto

harder to do business stuff when your high lol:borg: most people that run larger sized grows don't smoke. much .
WTF!? Where did you pull that bs info from? The best buds I ever bought are from serious smokers with pretty large grows. Non smokers = questionable buds prob with pm, bugs, mold and wacked out phenos kuz there just in it for the money. If the grower dont even like it how would the patients enjoy their meds then....................If they cant describe the high or taste then forget it!!

mr roboto

mr roboto

Happy Thanks Giving everyone. I hope you are spending it with the ones you love. We have a lot to be thankful for in the HL family and want to send some love to all of our extended family out there.
Finally getting some much needed beach time. Makes it all worth it. Getting to take a deep breath, reflect and look towards the coming year.
Happy Holidays
View attachment 115492

View attachment 115493

View attachment 115494

View attachment 115495

View attachment 115496

View attachment 115497
is that the bay by eurika?

iCultivate

iCultivate

I don't see an issue with whether a grower smokes their own product or not. Some people do it for the money only, not to get high. That doesn't mean they grow bunk. If they have regulars, then they will get feedback. That's enough to let them know whether what they're growing is decent or not. Let the product speak for itself, not what the grower does it their spare time.

-- iCultivate --

mr roboto

mr roboto

I don't see an issue with whether a grower smokes their own product or not. Some people do it for the money only, not to get high. That doesn't mean they grow bunk. If they have regulars, then they will get feedback. That's enough to let them know whether what they're growing is decent or not. Let the product speak for itself, not what the grower does it their spare time.

-- iCultivate --
I guess I was always nominated to be the feedback for my suppliers back in the days . Thats why I cultivate my own now because to think back on how much money I spent on contaminated herb just blows my mind. I understand there are a lot of people that grow good stuff and dont smoke but imo I think their is more growers out there for profit and thats all.

iCultivate

iCultivate

I understand there are a lot of people that grow good stuff and dont smoke but imo I think their is more growers out there for profit and thats all.

But is there really anything wrong with that? We all need to make a living, put a roof over our heads, have mouths to feed and maybe families to provide for. Cultivating cannabis is just another way to make money and a fairly nice way at that. Better than slaving away for some other bastard who's milking you for all your worth and who's getting richer on your labour.

Providing the growers who are only in it for the money aren't ripping off their customers, then it's a valid and legitimate means of making money, irrespective of what the law says.

-- iCultivate --

Ever after

Ever after

uhh cant grow medical cannabis if your a grower that is a paitent is is not just growing illegally well i think your wrong you would have to be a fucking idiot to not use the meds your growing you would go to jail instantly as if you have no use for it why the fuck you farming it and why tyhe fuck you selling it and your just saying people that grow illegally are better growers THAT IS JUST NOT TRUE PEOPLE WHO ARE JUST DRUG DEALERS DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE PRODUCT YOU MIGHT KNOW LIKE 5 PEOPLE THAT DONT SMOKE AND GROW BUT THEY DO THAT BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD TO SMOKE AND LIVE LIKE MAKE Money by donations cool well alot of people grow huge trees and have big plots for out doors in nor cal its just how its set up any state in the country has a good place to farm as every ecosystem is really different everywhere and changes from place to place so your info is bullshit and bias good bud can be grown by the most baked people ever ALL I CAN SEE IS GOOD FOR THE STUCK UP PERSON WHO THINKS THEY ARE BETTER BECAUSE THEY ARE LUCKY THEY HAVE A LOWER TOLERANCE SO STOP BEING A PRICK AND LETS GET BACK TO THE TOPIC poeple that grow weed some people get so stoned they cant do shit so i agree BUT LIKE 99% OF US CAN FUNCTION FINE YOUR FULL OF MIS INFORNATION AND DRAMA WHO EVER IS CAUSING THIS BULLSHIT SHOULD BE BANNED AND 86ed

B

Bakedjon

I am sure they are still at it unless the feds jumped in. In So Hum no one gets in real trouble unless they have 120 guns in a cave and go on a high speed chase to their grow and gun cave... (Happened in the last year...) Most get a slap on the wrist. Wish he would post though too!

Wish I could show my neighbors 2 44x144 forever flowering type greenhouses, just not their brand exact. I went to CO and saw the most amazing greenhouses being built. Cant wait to see them running!

B

Bakedjon

Would you trust a chef that doesn't eat their own food or a brewer that doesn't drink? I sure wouldn't. Growers that don't smoke grow crap weed, every single one of them.

I have met a few older ladies in Humboldt that grow some of the dankest herb, but have never smoked in their life, granted their family members, or neighbors who taught them smoked and gave them a recipe to follow. I thought it was kind of weird, but they always have good prices...

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I guess I cant edit it any more so I will just tack this on.

My only real wonder I'm left with are the ratios per plant, per circumstance. Whats what in the pot, whats what in the ground?
Gypsum is neat, cannot wait to try it. Seems like it will be what humic acid was to me, a light in a dark place and miracle.
I always copy the best I see, sometimes I get similar results, other times I feel like I missed something.

I'm going to keep trying to point myself in the right direction, but if anyone wants to do a little pointing for me I would love you for it. Who is Tom Thumb? For example... Seems like who I need to talk to or read about.

Thanks again thcfarmer staff, Logic especially for making this a sticky so I could find it.
So once I figured out the guys name wasn't THUMB but HILL, it made my research a little easier.

Maybe its sacrilegious but I'm going to point a link to the question I've been asking myself for 2 years.

EDIT: I guess I'm not posting the link. But its out there... If it keeps you awake at night, If it fills your dreams... You will find it, I did. "The growing large plants, outdoors, thread..."

I've played with a lot of different soil recipes over the years, 1rst year new soil mixes, as well as yearly additives. Here's a very simple mix that is well proven and I am comfortable recommending for those large outdoor containers. It gives about 50 cubic feet or just over 300 gallons (dry U.S), and fills a 6ft diameter container to a depth of about 18inches - perfectly.

25 bags black gold potting soil (1.5cf ea)

4 bags stutzman farms chicken manure (1 cf ea)

1 bag perlite (4 cf ea)

1 bag (50 lbs) bonemeal (steamed, not precipitated)

1/2 bag gypsum (aprox 1/2 cf) - Edit -> 1/2 of a 40 lb bag (20lbs).

Mix well, water thoroughly, let rest for 2-3 weeks minimum, transplant, and stand back

Best Regards,

Tom

HELL YEAH! Thanks Tom.

Mix well, water thoroughly, let rest for 2-3 weeks minimum, transplant, and stand back

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

I think it is very important that this thread is sorted and highlighted. This last page is what people see when they look at this thread. It took me a couple weeks solid to read though this thread and find the gems that I did. To preserve this back end with links to the relevant pieces, is to allow those less experienced with forums and the internet in general, or those without the time or patience, to still see what matters: The mix, and the process. I do not remember where I got this, but I copy-pasted it some time ago... Thank you all once again for your support, this website has been an invaluable tool for honing my skills as a grower.

Without further "dilly-dallying", Humboldt Local's Mix :

Not everyone needs to fill a 300 gallon planter with an all organic soil mix...but if you do this recipe arrives with a serious pedigree

6 bales Sunshine Natural and organic #4

6 cubic feet Nutri Rich high-calcium chicken poop

4 cubic feet super soil Earthworm Castings

4 cubic feet Pahroc Perlite #4

20 lbs steamed bone meal

15 lbs kelp

15 lbs oyster shell

15 lbs dolomite lime

15 lbs gypsum

Mix all the ingredients together, water the mix once thoroughly, and then let it sit four to six weeks, until the internal temperature cools to 80 degrees.

This is "Humboldt Locals" hot soil mix. He grows monster 10 + pound plants all outdoor with this soil mix. Ever since I read a out this couple years ago in HT I been using it and it does wonders. Adjust quantities to fit your needs

ramboo

ramboo

^^ Totes agree. Spending the time to go through this thread showed me why it is a sticky. Breathtaking plants to be sure. It sure is impressive seeing how big MJ plants can grow given love, skill and good conditions!
-R

germinator

germinator

:cool: Yea your back.....Can't wait for more.......another year another show I hope.
Much props

Kaskadian

Kaskadian

This outdoor grow was absolutely stunning! I plan to have a small outdoor garden in the future but nothing like this; that is just amazing!

Kas

Shegrows

Shegrows

Love the trenches:) I even am using 3 20 foot by 3 feet here for dep. mind you I'm not on the Hill:)))

Top Bottom