HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

Hello Canna Community,
I got to go on a little journey to Uncle Tom Hill's last week. Saw some of the tallest plants I have ever seen. The guy is the master who paved the way for the rest of us. Much love and respect Tom.
The tallest plant in this garden was probably around 15'.
View attachment 101591
Let me just say that I was blown away.

So once I figured out the guys name wasn't THUMB but HILL, it made my research a little easier.

Maybe its sacrilegious but I'm going to point a link to the question I've been asking myself for 2 years.

EDIT: I guess I'm not posting the link. But its out there... If it keeps you awake at night, If it fills your dreams... You will find it, I did. "The growing large plants, outdoors, thread..."

I've played with a lot of different soil recipes over the years, 1rst year new soil mixes, as well as yearly additives. Here's a very simple mix that is well proven and I am comfortable recommending for those large outdoor containers. It gives about 50 cubic feet or just over 300 gallons (dry U.S), and fills a 6ft diameter container to a depth of about 18inches - perfectly.

25 bags black gold potting soil (1.5cf ea)

4 bags stutzman farms chicken manure (1 cf ea)

1 bag perlite (4 cf ea)

1 bag (50 lbs) bonemeal (steamed, not precipitated)

1/2 bag gypsum (aprox 1/2 cf) - Edit -> 1/2 of a 40 lb bag (20lbs).

Mix well, water thoroughly, let rest for 2-3 weeks minimum, transplant, and stand back

Best Regards,

Tom

HELL YEAH! Thanks Tom.

Mix well, water thoroughly, let rest for 2-3 weeks minimum, transplant, and stand back

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I know that thread, I think many, if not most of us OD growers know that thread. IIRC, Tom's made some adjustments to that recipe, but it's a damn long thread to slog through to find it!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This is a GH of mine that I do a sort of Scrog in. These plants are first tied down with green tape and then deer fencing is layed on top of them. They are then spread out until they are touching. Once they get about five feet tall a second layer of fencing is added to hold them in place.
View attachment 85662

View attachment 85663

View attachment 85664

View attachment 85665

View attachment 85666

View attachment 85667
I mentioned before that I will be running some 200 gallon smartpots with two OG's in them and here they are.
View attachment 85668
These are Mr Nice cranking along.
View attachment 85669

View attachment 85670
Another OG
View attachment 85671

man, I love this thread :woot:

EVOKE

EVOKE

this was the best thread ever....
17eca1b1

organicozarks

organicozarks

That is simply not true.

If you own a business, or two, or three, then you would know this is simply not the truth.

I don't mean he did not smoke much, I meant he did not smoke at all ever.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thats a good reputation to have if your a grower :greyalien:

usually people will take you more seriously if your not high .. weed clouds your thinking :blackalien:
:rolleyes:
It may cloud your thinking ...It doesn't cloud everyone's thinking though..;)

It fact, for some..like me...When I'm stoned..I'm relaxed...it helps me focus on the tasks I have :)

dutch69lover

dutch69lover

I'd like to get my hands on some of that Purple Star seeds.........I like that black tint that the leaf has when its growing.....anyone have a clue as to any breeders that sell that seed??

monkeymun

monkeymun

Utterly amazing. Can't believe I hadn't seen this thread until now.

How tall were those trees? They look well over 10ft. The purple star is a looker.

Is that Twister an auto-trimmer? Haven't seen anything like that before.

Would love to know what the total yield was.

neverbreak

neverbreak

fuckin incredible grow bro! trees big enough to build cubby houses in! lol incredible effort, well worth the work. ya could reture after that.

neverbreak

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I know so many people that run large ops that rarely ever smoke if at all. Very surprising and caught me off guard. I like quality control personally and the process of rolling or packing a bowl.

Hell ya!:woot:
You have to sample every bucket every day to make sure it is curing correctly ;)
I dont think I trust a non smoking grower:meh:

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Tis true for some fer damn sure sorry about any ones luck that things have happened too. Mendo seems extra hot this year with the bypass everyone keep safe out herr. Can't wait to read this thread again for some future plans. Friggin gem

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Nice dig . well i know for sure i don't trust mods that think memes are more relevant to a thread then growing related posts :(

o_O

Relax...I was just trying to be funny:depressed:
im just not very good at it

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just don't like seeing people get separated with gimmicks .

I dont know what that means :depressed:

I honestly didnt mean any harm or even to rile any feathers honestly.
I have never cared if a subject went off topic...that's why, for me, that was Sarcastic..(get it?)

and since you brought it up,
You say people are impaired and function better as growers if they are not stoned?

I disagree completely, but each person is different..and you have a right to your opinion and a right to type it where ever you want.. imo...lol

I think, Most growers here at the farm love this plant and thats why they grow it.

If a person doesn't consume I'm sure they have their reasons....
I have no reason not to trust them any less than i trust anyone else
I meant it as a joke! (sorta)
;)

Peace bro...

Top Bottom