HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
squarepusher

squarepusher

if I wanted to do a few plants outside, however would I get so much soil? 300 gallons per plant, thats a lot, so I gotta make a lot of trips to home depot or what?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Squarepusher, we had topsoil delivered to the property. Did a 10cu yard truckload, about $300 or so all told. Good stuff.

HL, my elected representative is Dan Lungren. I haven't gotten very far with him, but believe it or not, my husband has. He actually got Rep. Lungren to agree, and I'm paraphrasing here, that smoking weed should be legal because adults should be allowed to do what they please in their own home. (Pissed off hubby, ain't getting the story retold to me right now.) He took the opportunity at a town hall meeting earlier in the year when he was acting as a company representative when the whole bail-out thing was happening.

budfriend

budfriend

HAVE YOU READ PROP 19 Humbolt local?. More babylon system trying to control. The big pushing the little man down by using dirty tacktics. Plus certain counties could lose the rights they already have. Most average joes will lose rights they have under the med laws. The feds can still come get you. This is one of the last free enterprises in america. If you dont like the risk then dont do it. And there are only risks now if you are going big.

Yes im down for legalization but this is not it.

Please read it again. Check out stop19.com.

peace

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
from this ballot initiative the stop 19 guys say once its enacted into law you cant change an initiative. so how can this change an earlier initiative? and if it could couldn't you next year just put another one up for vote until you get the one you want? sorry for being a little off the journal HL.

D

dhhbomb

HAVE YOU READ PROP 19 Humbolt local?. More babylon system trying to control. The big pushing the little man down by using dirty tacktics. Plus certain counties could lose the rights they already have. Most average joes will lose rights they have under the med laws. The feds can still come get you. This is one of the last free enterprises in america. If you dont like the risk then dont do it. And there are only risks now if you are going big.

Yes im down for legalization but this is not it.

Please read it again. Check out stop19.com.

peace

hey man how is this gonna change current laws prop 19 cant touch or superseed the prop 215 or sb420 so medical will be around still
i know the prop is fucked but its the only chance we have had in a long while to legalize besides from medical

squarepusher

squarepusher

Squarepusher, we had topsoil delivered to the property. Did a 10cu yard truckload, about $300 or so all told. Good stuff.

hey thanks seamaiden. So, I could order a bunch of topsoil delivered, and then should I condition it somehow with the guano pellets or fox farm soil? Im real noob outdoors grower :) maybe i should move this to another thread

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

HUMBOLT i know you guys are busy but i am really curious if you guys cover your plants in late flowering in case of a storm? your advice would be greatly appreciated! Cant wait to see those monsters in a few months!!:clapping

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dizzworth, I will say that for me, this year, my hope is that I've planned sufficiently well that I can cover in event of storms. If you go back through HL's thread here, you'll see that he's very well set up for quickly covering any threatened crops, too.
hey thanks seamaiden. So, I could order a bunch of topsoil delivered, and then should I condition it somehow with the guano pellets or fox farm soil? Im real noob outdoors grower :) maybe i should move this to another thread
Now I can't remember if you ever started that other thread.

I will give you a very qualified "yes" answer on that, but these are the qualifications: First, be sure to check the soil itself out. Look at how it's kept, for one thing, and give it your own see & feel test. It's got to have that smell and consistency. I checked out three different suppliers, and the others' topsoil was really more like... dirt. It didn't have the smell I wanted, and while much cleaner of debris, no one else pre-mixed compost in theirs like this particular guy does (he's actually been a really good find, turns out everyone who uses his soil gets exceptional results).

I prefer Harvest Supreme for amending for a couple of reasons, primary being that, in terms of inoculating with micros and providing a good base it does just as good a job as the Fox Farms. Secondary, which to my frugal nature is almost equal in importance, is price, it's about half the price. Third is a more ecological-minded thing, it's produced relatively locally to me.

Don't forget that additional compost, again check it out if you're buying it in bulk. Anything that I get splinters from becomes mulch, it's not proper for soil in my mind.

Add the rest of your ingredients according to a good recipe, Subcool's, which is based on Vic High's organic soil recipe, is a good place to start in my opinion.

All of this 'advice' comes with the caveat to listen to people like ncga, humboldtlocal, et alia with much more experience and land, first, as they're the ones I try to take my cues from.

Curander, that Sea-Crop... intriguing.

HL, I apologize if this is an egregious hijacking or I've spoken out of turn. If you wish I'll ask a moderator to split or delete.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
all i can say is i wanna be just like you when im older

lol I was just thinking this lol I will be this one day. I know that I need to put in the time and heart ache to get to that point. One day, one day...:passingjoint:

Cheers,
Crom

T

thed_ude

awesome show man! that is definately the way cannabis is meant to be grown :)

H

humboldtlocal

Howdy friends,
Real busy but life is going great. The kind of busy that I love. Wanted to show a couple pics of our Mr Nice. She smells amazing. So impressed with this beauty already. Hope everyone's gardens are looking good. We are in the home stretch now. Things are about to get real crazy.
IMG 6561

IMG 6562

IMG 6563

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

ohhh yeahhh :confused0054: i bet its going to get really busy out there lookin good bro shes defently a beautiful ladie wish i could get a taste of that one.:lock:

K

KosSio28

humboldtlocal your plants looking very beautiful
i love your mr nice and all your strains Great job bro thank you for pics all the best and hapy harvest

M

MSL Foundation

Right on HL that Mr.Nice Looks NICE!

Things are going well down here...A little slower then I would like but they are going well.

Hope all is well Talk to you soon!

B

waayne

waayne

Beautiful plant's bro!!!
That MR Nice is awesome!!!
:passingjoint:

ScuzyRoach

ScuzyRoach

Very Nice, I love to see pro's doing it right. I'll be heading up to s. mendo in a month or so to help a friend out. I'm not sure what they have going this yr. but its always nice to get back to the good ole outdoors. Hope the season finishes nice up your way. I guess you aint kiddin when you say its about to get really busy.
Peace

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

they are beautiful! you're still 13+ hr days...and you plants look like they've been in flower for a few weeks. i'm at 44* - our days are just several minutes longer - and my girls are just starting to flower. is that just the mr nice flowers that early? do you use darkening systems?

Top Bottom